Page 113 of 239 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: I need a new show...

Just heard that they are making an Undergrads movie so I'm going to rewatch the old show. The whole thing is available on Youtube. Anyone else remember that one?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Just crushed Season 2 of Cobra Kai tonight. Pretty easy to watch. While it wasn't quite as good as Season 1, it was still a good show to go through.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Regarding “Bosch”.

The book series by Michael Connelly are awesome as well.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Veteran

Did anyone watch the Deadwood movie last night? I'm hoping to watch it this weekend but I'm wondering if I should avoid trying to watch it with my wife who never watched the show. Is if strictly for fans of the show or could anyone dive in at the movie and still enjoy it?

Of course anyone can enjoy Ian McShane as Al Swearengen but unfortunately he can't be in every scene.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Did anyone watch the Deadwood movie last night? I'm hoping to watch it this weekend but I'm wondering if I should avoid trying to watch it with my wife who never watched the show. Is if strictly for fans of the show or could anyone dive in at the movie and still enjoy it?

Of course anyone can enjoy Ian McShane as Al Swearengen but unfortunately he can't be in every scene.
    For whatever reason, it isn't on HBO Canada until tomorrow. I will be watching it, hoping that they don't f**k it up...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    For whatever reason, it isn't on HBO Canada until tomorrow. I will be watching it, hoping that they don't f**k it up...

Rylant
    That sucks. I bought 2 months of Crave to finally watch Game of Thrones legally (then cancelled it, it runs horribly through Chromecast and there are no Roku or PlayStation apps) and a bonus was always that Deadwood would premiere just before it expires. It looks like Crave exclusively has the movie in Canada for 2 days before it's played on actual HBO TV.

How companies don't realize b.s like that pushes people towards piracy I'll never know. I shouldn't be surprised though, it took them 8 years of me wanting to pay for a Game of Thrones before it was readily made available in Canada.

Dobber Sports Sage

I know I am late to the party on this but Veep is awesome. They are so vulgar and cutthroat with their humor. I find myself laughing out loud every episode. Fantastically written and acted.

When you think about Mary Louis-Dreyfus being on Seinfeld and Veep- that is a helluva career.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Letterkenny! How have I not watched this before! Hilarious! The hockey chirps are hilarious sometimes

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    If any of enjoyed Narcos on Netflix, then you will also love Queen of the South. Just finishing Season 1 and my wife and I are really into it.
    Some great suggestions on here. I didn't see any chatter about my suggestion so I fear it got buried or overlooked. But I'm just about done Season 2 now and this is show is fantastic. I suggested it to my parents and they binged it in two weeks and love it, having caught up to us now. Queen of the South - underrated show that just gets better. She goes from street-corner money-changer, to girlfriend of a high-ranking cartel member, who is then hunted after he betrays the cartel and gets killed. She uses her wits and luck to survive and move her way up the ranks of the drug empire.

For months I had been looking for a show that hooked me the way shows like Breaking Bad, GoT, The Wire, Dexter, Walking Dead, Deadwood, etc. hooked me. But every show I try is "okay" but... no hook. This one has the hook.

I plan to try Bosch, too. But after this one.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Well, I watched the Deadwood movie last night. While it wasn’t “amazing”, it did give an appropriate ending to the series. Certainly, it was better than the way they had ended it after season 3.

Rylant

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Some great suggestions on here. I didn't see any chatter about my suggestion so I fear it got buried or overlooked. But I'm just about done Season 2 now and this is show is fantastic. I suggested it to my parents and they binged it in two weeks and love it, having caught up to us now. Queen of the South - underrated show that just gets better. She goes from street-corner money-changer, to girlfriend of a high-ranking cartel member, who is then hunted after he betrays the cartel and gets killed. She uses her wits and luck to survive and move her way up the ranks of the drug empire.

For months I had been looking for a show that hooked me the way shows like Breaking Bad, GoT, The Wire, Dexter, Walking Dead, Deadwood, etc. hooked me. But every show I try is "okay" but... no hook. This one has the hook.

I plan to try Bosch, too. But after this one.
    I started watching it after your recommendation. I'm only 4 or 5 episodes into the first season, but I'm enjoying it.

I don't find it great, but it is decent. There are some cringe-worthy moments, like when the woman threw a steak knife from across the room and impaled the guy in the gut with it. That was a bit gimmicky, and there have been other moments similar to that, but generally it isn't too bad. I'm certainly not hooked like you are, but I will definitely keep watching (and perhaps it will get better as it goes, as you suggest).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure if it's already been posted, but I finished up The Hot Zone this weekend.

Great 6 episode mini-series about the Ebola Virus.

Definitely recommend, has a great cast.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

The Great One

I'm not going to look back through all 113 pages of this thread to see if it has already been mentioned, but an older show that I watched and really enjoyed was "Banshee" released by Cinemax (I watched it on Crave/HBO). It was four seasons long and ended in 2016.

I really loved the series (honestly, one of my favorites), but I don't know of anyone else who has watched it. I'd like to know what others think.

It is a very violent show with awesome fight scenes. It has the obligatory T&A scenes, which I could honestly do without, but otherwise I found it well-written and well-acted, with loads of suspense and tension. I genuinely miss it now that it's over.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm not going to look back through all 113 pages of this thread to see if it has already been mentioned, but an older show that I watched and really enjoyed was "Banshee" released by Cinemax (I watched it on Crave/HBO). It was four seasons long and ended in 2016.

I really loved the series (honestly, one of my favorites), but I don't know of anyone else who has watched it. I'd like to know what others think.

It is a very violent show with awesome fight scenes. It has the obligatory T&A scenes, which I could honestly do without, but otherwise I found it well-written and well-acted, with loads of suspense and tension. I genuinely miss it now that it's over.
    I watched about half of the 1st season and got away from it. LOVED the fight scene against the MMA fighter. I've gone back and watched that fight a couple times. I'll put that on the list to watch this summer.

On a side note, I started the latest season of Bosch last night and watched 4 episodes. That show is excellent.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Im almost done the final season of Black Sails. Excellent show btw.

Im trying to decide between Bosch or The Man in the High Castle as my next choice to start watching.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."