Page 117 of 239 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Anymore I'm missing??? Help me!!!
    The following are all excellent:

Sex Education
    Babylon Berlin
    Love
    Better Call Saul
    Peaky Blinders
    Fargo

Dobber Sports Master

I've been watching City on a Hill throughout the summer .

mini series with kevin bacon on crave t.v canada .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7187044/

Dobber Sports Sage

Mindhunters is so good. On my short list of favorite Netflix-made shows.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on Succession? Hearing some hype but uncertain if I want to dive in.

Also season 3 of GLOW just dropped, but I'll probably wait until winter to dive in. Enjoyed the first two seasons.
    I loved the first two seasons of GLOW, but season 3 is a mess. I have the final episode left to watch, but it's been a tough slog. I think we're at the point where there are too many storylines and characters (I won't go into details here since there are people who still want to watch it).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I think I need to watch the second season ok. First impression is good but not great like the first season which is weird BC I heard Fincher was more involved in this one. Any other opinions?
    I'm enjoying it. Onto episode 3. I heard he directed the first three episodes of season 2. Certainly a slow burn to start season 2.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?

I'm partway through it, and if you can get past the dubbing (originally filmed in Spanish and revoiced in English for the North American market), it is surprisingly good.

I'm a bit of a sucker for heist films that involve complex planning and misdirection, such as Ocean's 11, Now You See Me, etc. This series contains a lot of similar elements to those films, but with even more complexity, because instead of just a 2-hour movie, the writers have the benefit of an entire series spanning 3 seasons. I'm not finished, so I don't know how it ends and if the end will be worth the pain of the dubbing, but so far the frustration has been worthwhile.

I suspect most people won't be able to watch the series due to the dubbing, but I thought I'd mention the series and I was curious if anyone else has had the patience to stick with it.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

So I sat down yesterday and binge watched Chernobyl. As someone who was around when this all went down, albeit a teenager, I found myself still learning and seeing things I would never have thought about in regards to the tragedy and just how close this disaster was to becoming so much worse. Scary!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

if you have hbo ; this series started this week
    The Righteous Gemstones

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?

I'm partway through it, and if you can get past the dubbing (originally filmed in Spanish and revoiced in English for the North American market), it is surprisingly good.

I'm a bit of a sucker for heist films that involve complex planning and misdirection, such as Ocean's 11, Now You See Me, etc. This series contains a lot of similar elements to those films, but with even more complexity, because instead of just a 2-hour movie, the writers have the benefit of an entire series spanning 3 seasons. I'm not finished, so I don't know how it ends and if the end will be worth the pain of the dubbing, but so far the frustration has been worthwhile.

I suspect most people won't be able to watch the series due to the dubbing, but I thought I'd mention the series and I was curious if anyone else has had the patience to stick with it.
    Money Heist (Casa De Papel is the real title) is incredible. I loved it. It's massive in Spain and most of Europe... as big as GOT is here.

Don't do dubs... dubs ruin the whole experience. Go with the captions.

But yea... it's an incredible show. Real hidden gem.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife & I are about ready to find a new show.
    The new Roku we bought opens up 30 days of Showtime, Starz, and Epix... so if anybody has any recommendations for those networks, let me know.

We are probably going to try out "The Boys" on Amazon - based on recommendations here.
    I had put it off because it only got a 73 on Metacritic (our personal basis for picking all shows: 80+: Must Watch, 70-79: Might Watch, 69 or less: Nope)
    But User Score of 8.7/10 on Metacritic supports viewership.

Anybody try:
    Who Killed Garrett Phillips (HBO: 84 Metacritic. No User Score)
    or
    Los Espookys (HBO: 82 Metacritic. User: 6.4)
    or
    Black Lady Sketch Show (HBO: 89 Metacritic. User 6.7)

I've got HBO for five more days... don't want to feel like I missed anything!!!
    BTW. I just finished Game of Thrones... last night! Ha! I thought final season was great. (A bit of the final episode was hokey... but I think GRRM actually disallowed certain things for the TV ending).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I've got HBO for five more days... don't want to feel like I missed anything!!!
    I've got tons of friends cutting HBO just like you. Their lineup is looking stale... the only franchise that's still got legs appears to be Westworld and even that's not on the same level as Netflix's headliners (Stranger Things, Black Mirror, etc)

HBO better find/develop a new headline show to replace GOT fast or they're going to suffer a mass exodus of subscribers that will be hard to recover from.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I've got tons of friends cutting HBO just like you. Their lineup is looking stale... the only franchise that's still got legs appears to be Westworld and even that's not on the same level as Netflix's headliners (Stranger Things, Black Mirror, etc)

HBO better find/develop a new headline show to replace GOT fast or they're going to suffer a mass exodus of subscribers that will be hard to recover from.
    My subscription ran out a couple days ago. After GOT we watched Chernobyl and Veep which were both awesome. Nothing else caught my fancy. My wife watched parts of Gentlemen Jack and liked it.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Money Heist (Casa De Papel is the real title) is incredible. I loved it. It's massive in Spain and most of Europe... as big as GOT is here.

Don't do dubs... dubs ruin the whole experience. Go with the captions.

But yea... it's an incredible show. Real hidden gem.
    Thanks Blayze...just this morning a friend showed me how to turn off the dubbing and watch it in the original Spanish with subtitles. This total changes the show for me, in a terrific way! I will enjoy it even more now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    if you have hbo ; this series started this week
    The Righteous Gemstones

I watched the first episode last night, and I loved it! I really like McBride. He basically plays the same character in every show, but if you like it, you'll like this series too.

In all honesty, I needed a show like this after watching too many "heavy" shows lately (Handmaid's Tale, City on a Hill, Chernobyl, etc.). I was ready for a light and funny show to watch. Sometimes I just want to laugh and relax while watching tv.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just finished Wu Assassins. It's as cheesy as I was expecting it to be, but somehow I couldn't stop watching once I started.

It's decent mindless entertainment if you're not looking for an Oscar-caliber drama. The fight scenes are incredible. 7/10