Page 90 of 240 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Just started Altered Carbon and Mindhunters. Both so far so good.
    My wife keep telling me I'd enjoy Mindhunters. Saw a little bit of it while she was watching, might have to do that one after I finally get around to watching Stranger Things... And also now apparently finish rewatching The Newsroom.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Guru

If you're looking for a good comedy, I thought The Good Place was excellent. Really well done all the way through.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    If you're looking for a good comedy, I thought The Good Place was excellent. Really well done all the way through.
    I have heard great things about it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't know when Ted Danson became Leslie Nielsen, but I had to do a mad double take when I first watched that show.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Spent yesterday rewatching the first season of The Newsroom. Good lord is that show great. Sam Waterston is fantastic as always, and it was really the first time I looked at Jeff Daniels as a serious actor and put some of his "Dumber" movies out of my mind. The characters are just fantastic and deep, and I really love the mix of reality and fiction, humour and drama.
    I agree, this show was really well done. I saw an episode the other day and said to a buddy that it's a shame this show didn't last.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

OMG, if you haven't started watching Big Mouth on Netflix yet, I recommend it. DO NOT watch this around your kids LOL! This show is friggin hilarious!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Did anyone here watch all of The Leftovers. I watched the first episode last night and found it interesting. From what I can tell the series wasn't cancelled and the story they were telling ended after the 3rd season. Is this accurate?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Did anyone here watch all of The Leftovers. I watched the first episode last night and found it interesting. From what I can tell the series wasn't cancelled and the story they were telling ended after the 3rd season. Is this accurate?
    I watched the the first few episodes. I thought that the premise was really interesting. I could never get into it though. I have a good friend who watched the whole series, and she said it was brilliant. However my sister says it was brutal, and reminded her of “Lost” because she wasn’t happy with the ending. So... lol. I may give it another shot.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

We only watched one episode and my wife said its another "Lost". I dont see the similarity, but I was interested to learn more about the story. I like that its a three season show than done. At least I know that it ends with the intended story being completely told. Most likely my missus will stop watching it and I will end up watching the rest of it on my own. That's what ususally happens. She's got a low tolerance for not completely understand what the hell is happening. Whereas I quite enjoy having layers of information being revealed as the season goes along.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    OMG, if you haven't started watching Big Mouth on Netflix yet, I recommend it. DO NOT watch this around your kids LOL! This show is friggin hilarious!
    I've heard this is good!! Will have to wait for the kidlets to hit the sack!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

So I just finished Breaking Bad this weekend. I did not know a thing about the show and watched in all over about a 6 month span. If you are also late to the party and have not seen it is is incredible and worth the watch. Without giving much away It was amazing to see Bryan Cranston, who I really only knew from Malcolm in the Middle, play this character who transforms several times over the show.

Now I need a new drama to binge watch. Ideally on Netflix because that makes life easier.
    I'm considering Dexter, or MadMen, or Prison Break.

Also will watch "Churchill" at some point.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    So I just finished Breaking Bad this weekend. I did not know a thing about the show and watched in all over about a 6 month span. If you are also late to the party and have not seen it is is incredible and worth the watch. Without giving much away It was amazing to see Bryan Cranston, who I really only knew from Malcolm in the Middle, play this character who transforms several times over the show.

Now I need a new drama to binge watch. Ideally on Netflix because that makes life easier.
    I'm considering Dexter, or MadMen, or Prison Break.

Also will watch "Churchill" at some point.
    Watch Better Call Saul!
    It's a nice follow-up to Breaking Bad.

Of your list though I'd say Dexter.

I rewatched Breaking Bad recently for the first time since it's original airing, and boy does it hold up.
    So well written and acted, simply a masterpiece, up there with The Wire.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Pro

HBO's Rome is pretty awesome. Kind of like a historical version of Game of Thrones. Intrigue, nudity, violence... it's all there.

It was a bit before its time, I think... so there were only two seasons. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Looking back at all the TV I've watched in my 40+ years, Breaking Bad is my favourite drama of all time. (Seinfeld for my comedy)
    Which means anything else watched after is going to "relatively"... suck.

But yeah... Better Call Saul is the perfect transition... and REALLY good.
    It actually works because you aren't/can't possibly expect it to live up to same hype, but it's solid.
    Thumbs up to evans334 on that recommendation for a show to follow BB.

Wife and I are in-between shows. Ho hum.
    I'm re-watching some s1/s2 episodes of Black Mirror with her - she hadn't seen them.
    We watched the pig-fugger last night! LOL, love that one! What a predicament! A whole hour of "would you really do that?" with the wife...

I've been halfway through Fargo s2 over the entire fall/winter, gotta get back on that.
    And I just started "Atlanta", about 3eps into that... pretty solid.

I'm still on the fence about where I'm going to invest April/May TV time...
    Philly looking like they are heading to the playoffs - so I gotta keep my evening schedule O-pen!!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Watch Better Call Saul!
    It's a nice follow-up to Breaking Bad.

Of your list though I'd say Dexter.

I rewatched Breaking Bad recently for the first time since it's original airing, and boy does it hold up.
    So well written and acted, simply a masterpiece, up there with The Wire.
    Good point I will do probably check it out. I did not love Saul's character to be honest thought he was too goofy and over the top to be a criminal mastermind.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR