Page 116 of 239 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Just finished watching the entire season of the Boys yesterday, excellent show. Definitely not for kids but really cleverly written. I think Homelander is the most interesting character, he totally keeps you guessing.
    Hmm, I'll have to go find this. After reading the last two posts I had to go look up the show. I've never heard of it or the premise of it. It looks interesting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's a show I thought had steadily been declining in quality since it started but I just watched the 5th season of 'Luther' over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Definitely the best since its premiere season. Probably the best use of villains too, aside from Alice Morgan of course.

A buddy of mine was raving about 'The Boys' over the weekend and I started the last night too. The pilot was great and seems to be right up my alley. I expect to finish the season in short time. It looks like a lot of it was filmed in Hamilton as well and I always get a kick out of that.

Dobber Sports Deity

I finished watching The Boys last night. It was a really good first season although I didnt really like the ending much. I get it that they want to roll into season 2 but that was wide open.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to go find this. After reading the last two posts I had to go look up the show. I've never heard of it or the premise of it. It looks interesting.
    The Boys is based on a comic series from the same writer (Garth Ennis) that did Preacher (AMC). I've read the whole of the Boys comic book series so I know what to expect (definitely for adults only) but I don't know when I'll get around to watching the show.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    The Boys is based on a comic series from the same writer (Garth Ennis) that did Preacher (AMC). I've read the whole of the Boys comic book series so I know what to expect (definitely for adults only) but I don't know when I'll get around to watching the show.
    Preacher is the best graphic novel series ever IMO. If only the show did it justice. The Boys TV show is waaaay better.

Administrator

Anyone have an opinion on Succession? Hearing some hype but uncertain if I want to dive in.

Also season 3 of GLOW just dropped, but I'll probably wait until winter to dive in. Enjoyed the first two seasons.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Mindhunter Season 2 dropping this Friday booya

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Nice... I read the books years ago.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

RIP my free time.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just started Season 2 of Dark. Had to read a recap of Season 1, cause I know it’s gonna be hard to follow. Next show then is the last 2 seasons of Bosch, they are a bit dark for her. And yea I’ve got some great shows from this thread

I think some industrious person create an excel by genre and get them listed wehere we all can vote

Dobber Sports Monster

I am hoping it opens at midnight tonight

CANNOT. WAIT!!!!!

The Great One

?

Omg omg omg!! This is like the only show I'm excited about these days. Season two supposed to be pretty different tonally- can't wait!

What's the boys about? Is is netflix

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    What's the boys about? Is is netflix
    It's on Amazon Prime. I've only watched a few episodes but basically superheros are dicks so Karl Urban, his questionable London(?) accent, and 'the Boys' throw a murder party and invite the Justice League.

The Great One

Awww man- I'm in a huge slump of good but not great shows on Netflix. I'm a huge mindhunters fan so I'm stoked for that but I'll probably binge it in a day . After that nightfkyers got progressively better and better to the point of epicness. I'm a big fan of American gods but it's exceedingly difficult to get access to anything other than nflix these days. On that note (as a Gaiman fan) I'd love to check out Good omens!

I've been ok with glow ,stranger things, master of none, OITNB, animal kingdom, big mouth, bojack manhorse and to some extent altered carbon (although I'm losing interest fast and not a fan of the man barbie lead trying to be dark- lol).

Anyways with that as a template does anyone have some good suggestions for netix bingables?? I keep looking at the alienist but I sometimes struggle with period pieces over the long haul Peaky blinders got good reviews for avoiding the pitfall of so many Netflix dramas in that apparently its pretty lively and doesn't have too many parts that drag on. Also Tom Hardy with a semi regular cameo sounds intriguing af.

Anymore I'm missing??? Help me!!!

The Great One

I think I need to watch the second season ok. First impression is good but not great like the first season which is weird BC I heard Fincher was more involved in this one. Any other opinions?