Page 206 of 240 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3592

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: I need a new show...

Mayor of Kingstown..binged the entire season n a few nights.
    Bosch - Legacy, i only started last night, but if youre a Bosch fan you'll like it
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Mayor of Kingstown..binged the entire season n a few nights.
    That was a good one, perhaps not that accessible as a Paramount+ show, but worth it. Probably a 7 out of 10. If you're a fan of Yellowstone, it's by the same writer Taylor Sheridan.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The Dahmer thing has been the only murder involved show I can't watch more than 1 episode a day. Not because it's bad, because it throws my anxiety through the roof.
    never knew the details of the case but he came so close to getting caught while out disposing the body of his first victim in 3 garbage bags that he told the cops were yard clippings

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    never knew the details of the case but he came so close to getting caught while out disposing the body of his first victim in 3 garbage bags that he told the cops were yard clippings

I wonder how those cops who let the serial killers go without realizing end up mentally. Do they even realize who they let go since it was yrs later and maybe they forgot? Does it eat at them forever? It's def such a weird thing.

I've always wondered what the factors are in life that prevent serial killers and I've mostly thought it was technology, but I wonder how much of just basic police work is one of the top 3 reasons.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

Line Of Duty is a series I highly recommend. https://www.justwatch.com/ca/search?q=Line%20Of%20Duty

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally got around to watching Black Bird. Just have the finale to go but it's definitely one to watch.
    Very good show. I'm gonna check out The Patient next.

Oh, and Dahmer is good but heavy. I can only watch an episode or two in a row before I need to shower.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Very good show. I'm gonna check out The Patient next.

Oh, and Dahmer is good but heavy. I can only watch an episode or two in a row before I need to shower.
    Yaaa that one might be too much for me.

I've been watching Dopesick and that just has my blood pressure through the roof.

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched a couple more episodes of the Dahmer show. Evan Peters as Dahmer looks a lot like Connor McDavid.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Dahmer is very creepy but Peters does it well from the AHS days. Another show I was waiting for since I read all the books was Interview with a Vampire. So far it is a dark gift indeed.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Been a while so here goes....

Dopesick was a good watch but obviously very frustrating and difficult at times.

Rings of Power kind of lagged through the middle but it definitely had some great moments. I'm still not done but hoping to finish tonight. I've heard great things about the last couple episodes.

House of Dragon......ugh...why make this show if you're going to have 3 or 4 time jumps? It tells me there isn't enough interesting material about these characters, who I feel like I hardly know. We will see what happens in the finale.

Dobber Sports Star

House of Dragon......ugh...why make this show if you're going to have 3 or 4 time jumps? It tells me there isn't enough interesting material about these characters, who I feel like I hardly know. We will see what happens in the finale.
    Ya it seemed a little strange to me too. Also, I didn't get them recasting the 2 female leads halfway through the season because a few years had gone by. I get them recasting the 10 year olds who are now 17 year olds, but to recast Rhaenyra and Alicent was goofy. They didn't recast any of the male leads, why recast the 2 women? I don't get it...

That being said, I like the show so far. Definitely interested to see where it goes in the finale.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you knew the Targaryen history (which the vast majority of casual viewers don't) and saw the family tree, you would see why the need for the time jumps.

Long story short... there is a LOT of content and story to be told. It really depends how much of the timeline the show writers want to cover, but the events between Viserys up until GOT (the original) can probably cover 20 seasons if they really wanted to milk it.

I LOVE HOD so far... the production, writing and acting actually seems to be a notch tighter than the original show (but admittedly it's not as fun as the original).

This first season was more about establishing the characters and families... but don't worry though... next season is going to be BRUTALLY violent (you know what I mean if you saw the finale)!

Dobber Sports Veteran

My wife got a trial of Apple+ and we've been loving Severance so far. I really hope it has a satisfying finale.

I like Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest on there as well but not much else has interested me. Maybe I'll try 'For All Mankind' if I get the time. Anything else worth watching on Apple?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Severance is my/wife fave show of past year. Some shows pigeon-hole themselves into specific directions... I think this one sets up an even wider range of things they can do. Really looking forward to s2.
    Ted Lasso is nice, easy watch... especially because it gets heavy in parts of the most recent season and that's a nice change of pace when it does.

For All Mankind is (what I call) a terrific "background watch". It's a great story and cool idea... especially if you are OK with a United States that *could* (honestly, truly) be in a different direction today had a few past events unfolded as they do in this show.
    There is the "big picture" to the show and the smaller character interactions - which are great. The "Hey Bob" references really, eventually, strike-a-chord in s2 and s3... which gives the show some depth.
    They work in some real, past political situations with subtle twists, like having Ronald Reagan be US President in 1976 and 1980 (instead of 80, then 84).
    I mean... "SPACE" shows aren't for everybody. But I think exploration & isolation are situations that anybody can appreciate.
    One sort-of-spoiler I'll provide... because it's good to know before you invest in the show... is that there is about a 8-10year "time jump" from s1 to s2... and then again from s2 to s3.

WE (wife & I) really liked that... because you have characters that can make BIG leaps in their future roles.
    And... the show can say "this is how technology *could* have emerged"... which makes it fun.

We really loved this show - but, again - as a sort of "background watch".
    Sitting and only watching each 60min show can sometimes drag scene-to-scene.
    But the overarching series plots and s1-to-s2-to-s3 shifts are quite excellent. I think.

We watched because Metacritic shows increasing scores from season to season.
    60+ score on Metacritic is OK-ish... but...
    80+ score on Metacritic is pretty much a gold standard for a terrific show... that site's number has never let us down for investing in a show.
    We both loved it.

Season 1: 65 (this one was a bit of a grind to get through... but character development sometimes is)
    Season 2: 75
    Season 3: 84
    https://www.metacritic.com/tv/for-all-mankind

Dobber Sports All-Star

Loved HOD and Rings of Power. In Rings, looks like we got to see some early development of a couple of major characters, hopefully a certain wizard(s).
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent