Page 180 of 240 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 190 230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Stopping or spinning. Enough already
    lol I know, never got dizzy watching a show until Yellowstone. Enough!
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

I finally caved and cashed in my air miles for a smart TV so I can get t Disney Plus for the little guy (ok and honestly for me too). Can’t wait to open up a whole new world of shows (like the recent Marvel shows) and classic movies from my childhood (and their recent live action remakes).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I finally caved and cashed in my air miles for a smart TV so I can get t Disney Plus for the little guy (ok and honestly for me too). Can’t wait to open up a whole new world of shows (like the recent Marvel shows) and classic movies from my childhood (and their recent live action remakes).
    Just a heads up. I bought a new Roku smart TV maybe 4 months ago and it works great... except for Disney+ which runs like absolute garbage on it. I assumed the problems we had with Disney+ and my Roku box in my basement were related to old hardware/weak wifi but it appears Roku and Disney+ do not work well together. I actually just cancelled Disney+ because of it. I have enough time left to finish Hawkeye and the kids only want to watch Paw Patrol on Netflix anyway.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Just a heads up. I bought a new Roku smart TV maybe 4 months ago and it works great... except for Disney+ which runs like absolute garbage on it. I assumed the problems we had with Disney+ and my Roku box in my basement were related to old hardware/weak wifi but it appears Roku and Disney+ do not work well together. I actually just cancelled Disney+ because of it. I have enough time left to finish Hawkeye and the kids only want to watch Paw Patrol on Netflix anyway.
    SmartTV's are horrible for streaming, and a majority of the time the TV providers don't support or update the inherent Smart TV apps.

Buy yourself a Fire Stick, NVidia Shield or Apple TV if you are going to predominantly streaming.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I got a Sony. It will be my first experience with a smart TV. My current tv is an old LG I’ve had for around 13 years. It still works great but I figured the air miles deal was too good to pass up. Appreciate the tips man.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Binged both seasons of this in a week as I was sick. I never watch that much tv but found this absolutely addicting. May even pick up the graphic novels it was based on. Highly recommend this show!
    I can't stop watching either. Totally preposterous premise but they do it so well. It's similar to Stranger Things because of the high school cast and the fantasy plot.

I also can recommend "The Tower" 3-part mini series, basically a movie in length. It's a British cop crime mystery that keeps you guessing and touches on morality a bit as well.

*I gave up on streaming devices, bought a mini PC for the living room. Plex to the TV from the computer for downloaded content. It pricier but hassle free, no need to worry about which hardware has which app.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Finished the Beatles docu: Get back on Disney+

long, dull, boring

Some interesting footage though.

Yoko Ono is a creepy weird stalky type of person. She reminds of the girl from The Ring.
    John Lennon was way weirder than I "imagine" (pun intended)
    Paul McCartney is a dick. His way or the high way kind of a guy. It actually irritated me.
    George Harrison seemed like a nice guy who got out voted on most "issues" he presented.
    Ringo Starr was my favorite. Laid back, and kinda funny.

Only watch if you're a beatle fan. I don't think I'd watch it again had I known what I know now.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am currently hooked on Lost In Space on Netflix. Almost done the first season, but it's a solid show.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Too many individual posts that I'd like to reply to, so instead I will just list my thoughts...

- I really enjoyed Hell bound. Some great stuff coming out of South Korea lately.
    - I'm also enjoying Hawkeye. I find it quite comical at times.
    - Yellowstone is just ok. Not sure if I will continue watching. I enjoy parts of it a fair bit, but other parts just drag and I lose interest.
    - I'm really enjoying Star Trek Discovery and Lost in Space. I'm a nerd about that stuff, though.
    - Narcos: Mexico is good. More of the same. I'm getting a little tired of the drug cartel stuff, but I'm still watching partially because I enjoy the historical/real life elements.
    - Locke & Key was average, imo. I probably won't continue with that series.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dopesick on Disney+... its really good so far.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Anyone watch The Expanse on Prime? Started it, but it's a tad slow for me. Does it get better after 3 episodes?

Administrator

3 episodes into Outer Banks and I am hooked.

Psyched for the return of Cobra Kai in the New Year!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Anyone watch The Expanse on Prime? Started it, but it's a tad slow for me. Does it get better after 3 episodes?
    I really like The Expanse. Definitely starts slow...tbh, the entire first season is slow. It really gets good by the second season and beyond.

Full disclosure, though, in that I am a space show junkie so I likely have a lower bar than most.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

For those who said to watch MAID, thank you. Good show, pretty heavy.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm enjoying Yellowstone. Currently on season 4. Sheridan, who created and co-wrote the show, plays Travis in the show. He's a bona fide horseman in real life and this might explain the excessive horse bits/rodeo scenes - of which he is quite prevalent in. Jimmy's current location in the show (ranch 6666) is partially owned by Sheridan, and this will be home base for his new spin-off, 6666. Yellowstone is a solid 8/10 for me. Rip remains my favorite, in addition to Beth's cleavage. Teeter is a solid actress too (Jen Landon).

Liked Squid Game but that watch feels like ages ago. Glad season 2 will be a go. 8.5/10.

Currently into Money Heist, season 5. Bit drawn out in parts, but the pay off remains solid with this show.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.