Page 129 of 239 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3575

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: I need a new show...

I live in the Montreal area so I knew all about the murder and the packages sent to Politcal parties headquarters.
    I wasn't aware of all the rest though. Those internet vigilante work is just simply crazy!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I live in the Montreal area so I knew all about the murder and the packages sent to Politcal parties headquarters.
    I wasn't aware of all the rest though. Those internet vigilante work is just simply crazy!
    I think this was my only gripe with the series, they romanticized the hell out of being an "internet vigilante".

When they're are a number of times the internet got it wrong and there were consequences.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    I think this was my only gripe with the series, they romanticized the hell out of being an "internet vigilante".

When they're are a number of times the internet got it wrong and there were consequences.
    I thought they did a good job of reflecting upon the possible culpability of the internet sleuths in the escalation of the story.

I also felt like approaching it from the perspective of the sleuths they gave it that detective story angle that really made it pop.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Who's watched Witcher? Is it worth the time?

I have a hard time imagining Cavill as anyone but Superman...
    I haven't played the video game, but I have read the first book, Last Wish, in the book series. This first season follows the Last Wish quite well with some characters from later books introduced in the Netflix series for continuity sakes.

The film adaptation is full of great action, merging storylines, and Cavill plays Geralt of Rivia quite well, even nailing Geralt's trademark "hmmph" on several occasions.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Finally finished The Keepers. It was good but a bit anticlimactic.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I haven't played the video game, but I have read the first book, Last Wish, in the book series. This first season follows the Last Wish quite well with some characters from later books introduced in the Netflix series for continuity sakes.

The film adaptation is full of great action, merging storylines, and Cavill plays Geralt of Rivia quite well, even nailing Geralt's trademark "hmmph" on several occasions.
    I stand by my take that the Witcher is a very fun watch and I loved Cavill as Geralt.

Dobber Sports Deity

I enjoyed The Witcher.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

It took 4-5 episodes but I'm finally hooked on Witcher. Glad I hung in there, thought about ditching it many times early on

Now I can't wait for season 2! Contemplating whether I should read the books... doesn't seem to have the same praise that the GOT books received. Anyone read them?

Dobber Sports Master

Star Trek fans rejoice...Picard is back. I just watched the first episode of Star Trek: Picard, and it was quite enjoyable. Unlike past Star Trek series, where the main cast met with a new problem every episode, Picard looks to be a mystery / whodunit sort of deal that will last the span of ten episodes. Of course, it also attempts to cover some of what has happened since we last saw Capt. Picard in the movie "Nemesis", but the introduction of some new characters mixed with the (potential?) return of favorites like Data and Will Riker is especially very enticing to an old Trekkie like me.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Just finished the second season of Big Little Lies. Totally enoyed it. Meryl Streep is a rock star actress. She is amazing. Me and the missus dont find a lot of shows we both enjoy together. This is definitely one of them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Starting Sex Ed season 2 tonight

Dobber Sports Deity

Starting Sex Ed season 2 tonight
    Season one was excellent. I didnt know Season 2 was out. Thanks for the heads up!

Dobber Sports Immortal

It took 4-5 episodes but I'm finally hooked on Witcher. Glad I hung in there, thought about ditching it many times early on

Now I can't wait for season 2! Contemplating whether I should read the books... doesn't seem to have the same praise that the GOT books received. Anyone read them?
    Toss a coin to your Witcher should have been nominated last night. That's all I know.

I haven't but watching the show made me want to do the same.

Big Daddy

Last couple series I’ve watched have been great....

Servant (M. Night Shyamalan)
    The Act (True Story)

Not to mention Curb Your Enthusiasm is back!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Curb snuck up on me. I had forgotten it was returning until I saw a picture of Larry David wearing a MAGA hat and immediately knew it was a plot line of Larry pretending to be a Trump supporter to get out of some trivial engagement.

Amathing few episodes so far.