Page 200 of 240 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: I need a new show...

I watched a mini-series on Netflix called Midnight Mass. It's about a small island and a new priest coming to it and strange things start to happen.

7/10. Terribly slow and wordy for the first 4 episodes of the 7 ep series. And a heavy religious tone (obviously), which is a bit tiresome after a bit for me. However, it was a pretty cool view on science, religion, and past "fairy tales". I won't go out of my way to suggest it, but it's not a waste of time if you want to invest 7hrs, because it's not instant gratification. Takes to ep5/6 to really pay off.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I watched a mini-series on Netflix called Midnight Mass. It's about a small island and a new priest coming to it and strange things start to happen.

7/10. Terribly slow and wordy for the first 4 episodes of the 7 ep series. And a heavy religious tone (obviously), which is a bit tiresome after a bit for me. However, it was a pretty cool view on science, religion, and past "fairy tales". I won't go out of my way to suggest it, but it's not a waste of time if you want to invest 7hrs, because it's not instant gratification. Takes to ep5/6 to really pay off.
    Almost gave up on this show. It was ok if you have nothing else to do up North. (Accompanied by drinking of course) 6/10 <-- score may be influenced by alcohol intake.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

Conversations with a Killer- The John Wayne Gacy Tapes on Netflix was excellent. If you have an interest in the topic, you will thoroughly enjoy it. There's a lot of taped interviews with Gacy and it is fascinating to listen to the lying, justification, and excuse-making of a psychopath. The interviews with Gacy's lawyer, the detectives, and the prosecutors provide rich details of the story. I found it even more interesting since I live relatively close to the area Gacy lived. Hell, last Sunday I fished in the river where he dumped a couple bodies. Plus, Gacy was the age of my parents and seeing all the footage from the 70s gave me an idea of what life was like back then around Chicago. It's a short, 3-part series that is definitely worth watching.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

I am 3 episodes into The Offer on Paramount+ and very much into it. It's about the making of The Godfather. I was skeptical going in, considering the concept feels a lot like the tail wagging the dog, but the story is compelling, production value is high, there are some big names involved like Miles Teller, and there are some great performances. Just a fun ride thus far. It's a 10-episode limited series too, so no major commitment.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finished Snowpiercer Season 3. This season got me back on the bandwagon after losing a ton of momentum in season 2.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just finished Peaky Blinders season 6 which is expected to be the final season.
    Cillian Murphy as Tomas Shelby is exceptional again. However I don’t want to comment too much on season 6 plot or episodes.
    I thought seasons 1-5 were very good. However I was very disappointed in the final season especially the final episode.
    I would be curious to hear what others think about the 6th and final season.

Moving on to “Blindspot” on Netflix. The pilot has me intrigued. Potential to be a good show depending on the direction they take following the pilot.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports All-Star

I believe there will be a Peaky Blinders movie coming in the future. A spin off series might be in the making as well. A lot of things being promised so let’s see what happens. I loved Peaky Blinders S1-6. Can’t wait for the “movie”.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone else watching The Bear on HULU? 2 episodes in and loving it. odd that they are 30 minute shows but they are jam packed with intensity.

i too was disappointed in S6 of Peaky.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched "The Most Hated Man on the Internet" on Netflix. I think it's worth the watch. 3 episodes totaling about 2hr45min and it's about this guy who started the first (first famous one) revenge adult site in 2012. I was in college during this, and I knew it was happening online, but didn't know this site or the full story behind it. I remember it being in the news, but not really the ending of it.

Netflix's niche right now are these 3-5ep docs on criminals and this is def in that category. Not the best one out there, but I watched it with my partner over the weekend pretty quickly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I am 3 episodes into The Offer on Paramount+ and very much into it. It's about the making of The Godfather. I was skeptical going in, considering the concept feels a lot like the tail wagging the dog, but the story is compelling, production value is high, there are some big names involved like Miles Teller, and there are some great performances. Just a fun ride thus far. It's a 10-episode limited series too, so no major commitment.
    Finished this off last night. Very entertaining limited series with some absolutely exceptional performances.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Anyone else watching The Bear on HULU? 2 episodes in and loving it. odd that they are 30 minute shows but they are jam packed with intensity.

I watched the first couple episodes based on your recommendation and I am enjoying it. It makes me want to smoke, cuss at people, and call my wife "chef" when she's in the kitchen. I've also been watching the Old Man and Atlanta on Hulu. The Old Man is pretty damn good. I've been a huge Donald Glover fan since Community so I am finally getting around to Atlanta.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Finished this off last night. Very entertaining limited series with some absolutely exceptional performances.
    I'm hearing incredible things about this one. On my list for sure
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Just finished Obi-wan Kenobi. I must say, I thought it was bad; really bad, lol.

It was definitely well-acted and the effects were great. However, the writing was horrible. The characteters were constantly in incredibly contrived situations doing things that made absolutely no sense. I found myself rolling my eyes or muttering "come on..." several times in each episode. The characters were commically bad, flip flopping between light and dark, good and bad, trusting and not trusting over the simplest little things. I just didn't buy any of it. Interestingly, I found a lot of the same things in The Mandalorian as well.

I am sure Rataylor will contribute a quick "can't you just enjoy it?" LOL. Sorry, I can't. Overall, Obi-wan Kenobi gets a 2 out of 10 from me...

Rylant
    I'll balance this off. It gets a 9 out of 10 from me. I would say it was the best of the SW series so far, and I enjoyed the Mandalorian. But I'm hardcore for Star Wars, having read over 200 books from that universe.
    Obi Wan tied everything in very well, had tons of nostalgia. And until you mentioned it, I didn't catch onto any "contrived situations"
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Immortal

All caught up on Saul and ready for the finale.

The Woodstock doc was interesting to watch but infuriating to see those execs still completely denying responsibility.

I am finally starting Westworld Season 3. I heard it's less confusing than S2 so I am giving it a go to try and get caught back up to S4.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    All caught up on Saul and ready for the finale.

The Woodstock doc was interesting to watch but infuriating to see those execs still completely denying responsibility.

I am finally starting Westworld Season 3. I heard it's less confusing than S2 so I am giving it a go to try and get caught back up to S4.
    How did Netflix's doc compare to the one HBO did a year ago? Does it add anything?