Page 123 of 239 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    So far I am gravely disappointed.
    I am surprised by this. Explain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Has "Barry" been mentioned on here ? Barry's pretty good. Also "Big Little Lies" was a pleasant surprise.
    Both great shows and even better because my wife will sit through them.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched the first episode of Season 2 for Jack Ryan. Not that I expected much less, but it was excellent.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

So far I am gravely disappointed.
    You have to watch it with your eyes and ears open.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Caught the first episode of the Mandalorian. I liked it but something seemed off...my wife and I think we narrowed it down to the music, of all things. And the music is not bad, to be fair....it's just very much NOT the Star Wars music many of us are used to and take for granted. John Williams is such a big part of what made the original trilogy of Star Wars so special, and obviously incorporating a synthy, sparse soundtrack is going to have a very different feel. At a few points it was quite jarring to hear that and not an orchestra

One my wife is watching lately is Atypical. I don't usually do the family drama sitcom stuff but this one definitely has some funny moments. It's about a teenager who is on the autism spectrum and his family. I actually laughed out loud last night to something I overheard on the show and it got my attention enough to even abandon the pretty dicey situation in the Civ 5 game I was playing to watch the rest of the episode. Anyone who plays Civ games knows this is high praise.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

I've been watching Transformers: The Complete Original Series from the 80's on DVD. Recommended. 10/10

Dobber Sports Icon

Life XP is a new web show that is coming out one ~10 minute or so episode at a time or you can buy the entire first season which lasts about 90 minutes on Vimeo. It's written by and stars a stunt woman named Cassandra Ebner who's been in The Flash, GOT, Arrow. The show is directed by her husband Trevor Addie who was Sam's stunt double in GOT among other credits.

The show is about a lady who gets invited to beta test a brand new VR gaming system even though she's never played a video game before. My wife and I watched it the whole season together and loved it. We are hoping they get some funding to make another season or 6!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Anyone with Star Wars interest should get on board with Mandalorian. That is all.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife and I are suckers for teen drama.
    Good one on Hulu we are 4/8 episodes through (each about 1hr).
    Looking for Alaska. (Metacritic 73)
    There's 3-4 main characters... and they are cast well, do a great job. (annoying at times, but heck, teens are... right).
    The school leaders ("camp" teachers & manager) & parents are actually given great depth themselves - which really helps to enrich the environment.

Recommend it to anybody that liked 13 Reasons Why... or teen movies like The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, Spectacular Now or Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Based on a book (which always makes for a better storyline):

Dobber Sports Veteran

Catching up a bit here:

Ms. Maisel, Fleabag (good shows but ill have to finish one before starting the other, can only handle so much man bashing at once. )

Mandalorian, Barry

Jack Ryan S1 was ok, will try S2. Rick and Morty was recommended by an IRL friend so I will try it now that Im hearing more about it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Catching up a bit here:

Ms. Maisel, Fleabag (good shows but ill have to finish one before starting the other, can only handle so much man bashing at once. )

Mandalorian, Barry

Jack Ryan S1 was ok, will try S2. Rick and Morty was recommended by an IRL friend so I will try it now that Im hearing more about it.
    It's actually one of my favourite shows. It's so well thought out. It really is just good because of the fact they can literally get away with any bit of writing because of the story premises. The multi-universe can be see as a crutch, but they do it well.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

S2 of Jack Ryan kicked ass, huge step up from S1, IMO. Highly recommended.

Excited for S3 of Marvelous Mrs Maisel, which drops in a week.

Will also finally dive into The Boys before cancelling my one month of Amazon service. Anything else on there that's highly recommended?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watchmen is fantastic. I will admit Im not a huge fan of the comic/movie but I am at least aware of the story so that probably helps.

But holy crap I just flew through episodes 3-8 this week to catch up for the finale and I absolutely blown away by the story, characters, history and surprises this continuation has brought.

Cannot wait and that is all I will say.

Dobber Sports Deity

S2 of Jack Ryan kicked ass, huge step up from S1, IMO. Highly recommended.

Excited for S3 of Marvelous Mrs Maisel, which drops in a week.

Will also finally dive into The Boys before cancelling my one month of Amazon service. Anything else on there that's highly recommended?
    Im 6 episodes into S2 Jack Ryan and I agree, it's awesome. I'll be finishing that up this weekend.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's actually one of my favourite shows. It's so well thought out. It really is just good because of the fact they can literally get away with any bit of writing because of the story premises. The multi-universe can be see as a crutch, but they do it well.
    It has taken me about 4-5 episodes to "get it". Im enjoying it very much now. Aside from the humor I love how they are more subtle with the social commentary, they don't pound the table, unlike The Orville (a good show regardless).

Watched Black Mirror season 5 - that show has lost its magic in a big way.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Atypical's good.