Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studs & Duds - Friday 4/20/13

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It was easy, especially after BRich wracked up his 7th point in the last 3 games to make it 15 in the last 15. Swarms of mental midgets scare the shit out of me and I just want to retreat.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well there's no need to be insulting.

In any case, a little blurb from the ramblings today, seems like Dobber feels the same way about Richards this year

And Brad Richards, who has been equally terrible, has seven points in his last three games. Too little too late to help most poolies, yet it boosts his final statistics up to a level where he'll be held in high regard in next year's fantasy drafts. I hate that too. I won't forget, and I'll remind you of it too. He's been a 45-point player this year, not the 65-point player that he'll wind up being thanks to a strong five games or so to end it.
    Edit: Funny, he happens to be heating up at just the right time for the guy who owns him in the league I commish with some buddies. His team was tanking hard early in the year and I encouraged him to keep fighting to get into a playoff berth. Richards and Nabokov both heated up at the right times and he managed to sneak into the playoffs in the last week as the last seed and knock me out in the first round.

Which marks the second consecutive year that I've been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by someone whose hand I had to twist to not give up. Funny how these things happen sometimes lol.
    Last edited by bondon; April 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well there's no need to be insulting.

In any case, a little blurb from the ramblings today, seems like Dobber feels the same way about Richards this year

Edit: Funny, he happens to be heating up at just the right time for the guy who owns him in the league I commish with some buddies. His team was tanking hard early in the year and I encouraged him to keep fighting to get into a playoff berth. Richards and Nabokov both heated up at the right times and he managed to sneak into the playoffs in the last week as the last seed and knock me out in the first round.

Which marks the second consecutive year that I've been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by someone whose hand I had to twist to not give up. Funny how these things happen sometimes lol.
    Lighten up Bondon - it was poking fun.

I always look to see who has Richards coming down the stretch and throw out an offer if he has been quiet. He has gone on some ridiculous tears in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Lighten up Bondon - it was poking fun.

I always look to see who has Richards coming down the stretch and throw out an offer if he has been quiet. He has gone on some ridiculous tears in the past.
    Well duh, obviously. I mean, "mental midget"?!?

Any can see I'm 6' tall. Silly.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

You should be twisting necks not hands, silly. This fantasy game is cut throat.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You should be twisting necks not hands, silly. This fantasy game is cut throat.
    Well, over the past couple of years I've been trying to get my friends into the whole fantasy hockey scene. For a variety of reasons (either don't feel they have enough time, don't think they stand a chance, don't think they know the players well enough, don't want to pay the buy-in, etc.) they've been pretty apprehensive about playing. The demographics where I live don't help either.

It's worked though, I've got more and more people wanting to join the league because they start off by co-managing another guy's team and then realize how fun it can be. Last year I had 10 teams, this year I had 12, next year I might be looking at looking at 14 and that's even after cutting a few people who weren't too reliable.