Thread: Need goalie starts for this week

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need goalie starts for this week

Hey there!

I am in the semifinals of a OneYear, 16Team HeadtoHead Leaque and I have Smith, Luongo and Jake Allen as well as Ward on the IR.

Goalie Stats are W, SA, GAA, SV%, SHO

3 Minimum Starts are required, otherwise I lose all categories.
    With Smith’s injury situation unclear (any updates?) and the other goalies just being the back-ups I am worried that my tenders won't make the 3 required starts. I have one start so far from Luongo this week.

Upcoming games:
    PHO: THU, SAT
    VAN: THU, SAT
    STL: THU, FRI, SUN

Allen might get one of the btb, but in STL you never know, as they are often going with the hot goaltender, which is obviously Elliott at the moment.

LaBarbera, who imo would be the obvious pickup has just been dropped and will be on waivers until FRI, so I could get max one game from him if I get him at all. (I have a bad waiver position, but who would want him?).

Goalies are Kiprusoff, Khudobin, Budaj, Neuvirth, MacDonald, and the two Masons.
    Do you think I should pick up any of those?

Thank you for reading and for your input!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also have Smith and Allen, Allen might start in one of teh BTB games but def nowhere near guaranteed. but lets puthim down for 1. Budaj is starting tonight, they have pulled Price last couple times but I don't think it will be all Budaj the whole week, but he will be starting tonight, but no back to backs.

the onyl goalie of half decent interest there who will be starting games is MacDonald I think. Still Mason in Philly has shown up, but again nothing 100%. if you need 3 starts, and it is possible for ALlen to start one, you could be safer and grab MacDonald (not sure how good that will go) or be slighltly more risky and grab a Budaj (although your guarunteed a start tonight, so thats 2) or even more "risk" and get Mason for Philly. Khudobin is an opton but no back to backs for Boston. good defense in front of him though so the team/quality of the goalie is high there.

basically... budaj is starting tonight, sothat would beb2. could be a good grab. MacDonald will start games but think about his team/what the stats will be. Khudobin good team, but no guarunteed starts (might get 1).

Make the risk match the reward.
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your reply...the problem is if I grab Budaj today I can only play him tomorrow...otherwise it would definetly be a good pickup.