Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (DOUBLE REP) Drop 5 Might need to drop 7

Dobber Sports Stud

Default (DOUBLE REP) Drop 5 Might need to drop 7

Team is done for the year, need to drop 5 might have to do 2 more due to Cam Ward and Milan Michalek being on IR - who gets cut? League categories and team are in sig, here is who I'm thinking of cutting, in this order:

Ville Leino
    Mark Fraser
    James Wisniewski
    Sean Matthias
    Tyson Barrie

And if I need to drop 7

Matt Read
    Jacob Trouba

Would you do anything differently? I'll rep twice.

Other guys I'm thinking about dropping are Beauchemin, Hagelin, and Toffoli - in that order.

I am pretty against dropping any goalie (yes, even S. Mason), because of the high value of goalies in our league.
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; April 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Master

A double rep sell is a new one on me! haahahhaa Get creative. A lot of guys here (especially the old school crew) will be commenting just to help you out. Promising rep is usually not necessary.

I'd keep Trouba over Hagelin. I dont know if its worth keeping Mason, but there isn't a better option than him, so may as well keep him. Its good to have him and Bryz then you get guaranteed starts.

I'd be looking to upgrade Fleury somehow. He's on a good, team, but he's had limited fantasy value the last couple seasons.

It also seems like you are carrying a lot of Dmen. 4 slots and you have 8. I might keep Matthias instead of Fraser. He has progressed this year and there is some upside there. He could surprise folks next year. FLA has a lot of young talent. If he were to ride some coat tails, he could do quite well as he has skills himself.

Dont drop Toffoli.... he got some good upside.

Now that I have looked at your roster a little bit, I think you have too many goalies. Even if one gets hurt, you still have 5 for 2 spots. None of the guys you have are prospects either. What would a Fleury+Ward combo get you? Might be worth thinking about if goalies have inflated value in your league. Parlaying those two into a genuine stud would be a good move.

Dobber Sports Stud

Some good advice, thanks .

Also, I just learned that I can't give rep to the same post twice so... I'll just rep another post of yours elsewhere <,<

EDIT: Also another question I had for you was - Beauchemin or Barrie? Barrie might turn out to be a steady producer, but Beauchemin has already shown newfound offensive flair, and I have no shortage of good young D men.

As for goalies, I'm thinking about moving either Ward when he gets really hot, or Enroth if he takes over the starting spot in buffalo. (No one is going to buy Bryz/Mason for a decent price because both of them are question marks, and I'm loathe to trade Fleury just because he's been so steady despite giving up starts to Vokoun- though I'm certainly open to moving him for a stud winger).
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; April 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Some good advice, thanks .

Also, I just learned that I can't give rep to the same post twice so... I'll just rep another post of yours elsewhere <,<

EDIT: Also another question I had for you was - Beauchemin or Barrie? Barrie might turn out to be a steady producer, but Beauchemin has already shown newfound offensive flair, and I have no shortage of good young D men.

As for goalies, I'm thinking about moving either Ward when he gets really hot, or Enroth if he takes over the starting spot in buffalo. (No one is going to buy Bryz/Mason for a decent price because both of them are question marks, and I'm loathe to trade Fleury just because he's been so steady despite giving up starts to Vokoun- though I'm certainly open to moving him for a stud winger).
    I usually try to balance out my teams with proven and prospects, and you have a lot of younger guys.. Further I think defencemen take longer to develop so I would personally hold on to Beauchemin, but the leagues I am are a little different then the CATs you use..

Also, I don't know if I would drop Read.. I kinda like what I've seen so far, and would look for an improvement in Philly next year and Read through association..
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, I don't want to drop him either. Hagelin gets a lot of shots, and guys like that tend to develop into raunchy scorers, so I want to hold onto Hags as well. I might end up dropping Trouba before Read, because I have guys like Rielly, Dumba, and Hamilton on D.

Double rep given!

Dobber Sports Sage

Bro you need to find a way to keep Truba he is built for a league with you setting. With PIMS and hits I would keep him over Reilly even but I'm not suggesting dropping Reilly. I would drop Haglin. The rest of the guys you said I support.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with your top 5 cuts, no doubt. I gotta chuckle each time I see Leino's name... the man is literally stealing money in the NHL! More power to him, I guess.

I'd try hard to keep Read. The kid has alot of poise to go with his sniper qualities. It's just been a bad year overall for any Flyer in real life and in fantasy. I suspect a coaching change will occur once the season ends, so things "should" improve next year for most every Flyer in fantasy. The NHL coaching carousel turns...

I'm a Trouba fan. Drafted him last year with my 1st Rd pick (10th overall) and have watched his star rise ever since. Once he gets settled in WPG, he'll thrive in your league with PIM and Hits counting, no matter what happens with those ahead of him on the WPG blueline. Try hard to keep Trouba.

Just me, but I'd keep Toffoli over Hagelin. Playing in that Kings Top 6 will be a sweet role for Toffoli. When he lands full-time in LA, look for Brown to go down to the 3rd line, which improves the Kings Top 9 immensely.

And now, for Mason. He'll be a backup in Philly next year. Whether that is to Bryz, or someone else if Bryz is amnesty'ed, who knows. The local rumble here is Homer amnesty'ing Briere and Bryz, then making a push for Luongo. If that happens, you know Luongo gets 60-65 starts, making Mason a (hopefully) solid backup as he looks to resurrect his promise from that rookie year. Nothing more for Mason than that, sorry.

Good luck!
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Stud

What about Jaden Schwartz instead of Matt Read? I already have too many centers with Crosby, Lecavalier, Ott and Toffoli
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; April 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Matthias, Leino, Fraser, Toffoli, and Trouba would be my first 5 drops. If you need two more I'd look at Dumba and Hagelin. I would definitely keep Barrie, considering how much the Avs are relying on him right now.

It's fine to keep prospects on the bench, but when half of it is dedicated to prospects you are effectively shortening your bench by that much. Having someone like Fraser on your bench is much more valuable than having a guy like Trouba simply because Fraser plays in the NHL. That's why most of the drops I'd make would be prospects. Would I take Fraser over Trouba purely on value? Never. But you're really handicapping yourself when you have so many prospects that don't play in the league yet. Having a couple guys like that is a good strategy, like Rielly, but too many hurts you.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    Matthias, Leino, Fraser, Toffoli, and Trouba would be my first 5 drops. If you need two more I'd look at Dumba and Hagelin. I would definitely keep Barrie, considering how much the Avs are relying on him right now.

It's fine to keep prospects on the bench, but when half of it is dedicated to prospects you are effectively shortening your bench by that much. Having someone like Fraser on your bench is much more valuable than having a guy like Trouba simply because Fraser plays in the NHL. That's why most of the drops I'd make would be prospects. Would I take Fraser over Trouba purely on value? Never. But you're really handicapping yourself when you have so many prospects that don't play in the league yet. Having a couple guys like that is a good strategy, like Rielly, but too many hurts you.
    I agree completely. But my motivation for winning matchups right now and getting more nhlers on the roster is overshadowed by finishing my rebuild, so I guess that's why I'm prospect heavy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Team is done for the year, need to drop 5 might have to do 2 more due to Cam Ward and Milan Michalek being on IR - who gets cut? League categories and team are in sig, here is who I'm thinking of cutting, in this order:

Ville Leino
    Mark Fraser
    James Wisniewski
    Sean Matthias
    Tyson Barrie

And if I need to drop 7

Matt Read
    Jacob Trouba

Would you do anything differently? I'll rep twice.

Other guys I'm thinking about dropping are Beauchemin, Hagelin, and Toffoli - in that order.

I am pretty against dropping any goalie (yes, even S. Mason), because of the high value of goalies in our league.
    I'd dropped in this order:

Fraser
    Matthias
    Leino
    Beauchemin
    Wisniewski
    Hagelin
    Schwartz
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Legend

I would drop...

1. Matthias
    2. Fraser
    3. Leino
    4. Beauchemin
    5. Hagelin
    __

6. Read
    7. Enroth

I think your kids: Schwartz, Toffoli, Dumba, Trouba, Barrie, etc. have too much upside to cut. Beauchemin is performing over his head (fantasy-wise) and next year the Ducks blue line will shakeout differently with a healthy Lindholm, maturing Fowler and emerging Vaatanen. Read is a good player but easily replaced in your format. I know you love goalies but without Enroth you still have 4 solid ones and I don't see him being a huge factor anytime soon.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would Drop:

1. Matthias
    2. Leino
    3. Fraser
    4. Beuchemin
    5. Wisniewski (band-aid boys are bad for fantasy)
    6. Mason
    7. Toffoli or Read

I like your team alot, only concern I have is the sheer amount of youth on your D, they all have huge upside but it could be frustrating weathering the spurts until they become reliable fantasy options. I would give Schwartz and Hagelin another year before you cut them to see how they shake out. I think in your format Hagelin had a pretty good season for where he's at and should improve.

My #7 cut is the only one I'm shaky on and could debate for awhile, I think the other 6 are fair cuts for your team and maintain your teams competitive integrity.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the input everyone, I've repped and dropped

Matthias
    Leino
    Beuchemen
    Wisniewski
    Fraser

-----

I have 2 more to drop - Basically it will be among these 5

Barrie
    Schwartz
    Trouba
    Hagelin
    Read

I'm most inclined to drop the top 2. I'm not going to drop a goalie due to Mason and Enroth potentially threatening the starting position for next year (or perhaps going as 1A/1B platoon with Mason/Bryz and Enroth/Hackett - if miller gets moved). Even though I don't need 5 goalies, the inflated value of goalies in my league means that I'll get a lot more in trade return for a hot Steve Mason than I do for a hot Tyson Barrie.

I also know that D men take a long time to develop into fantasy contributors, and I don't mind the wait - I'm looking 2-3 years ahead when Dumba, Rielly, and especially Hamilton will start playing decent minutes.

I've decided not to cut toffoli, just based on his performance in a few games this year and his good scoring pace in the AHL- which puts him above schwartz for me.

Finally, I'm weakest (long term) in the wing position - so I want to keep Read and Hagelin over guys like Schwartz... not sure if this is the best thought, but it's what I'm leaning towards.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; April 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Thanks for the input everyone, I've repped and dropped

Matthias
    Leino
    Beuchemen
    Wisniewski
    Fraser

-----

I have 2 more to drop - Basically it will be among these 5

Barrie
    Schwartz
    Trouba
    Hagelin
    Read

I'm most inclined to drop the top 2. I'm not going to drop a goalie due to Mason and Enroth potentially threatening the starting position for next year (or perhaps going as 1A/1B platoon with Mason/Bryz and Enroth/Hackett - if miller gets moved). Even though I don't need 5 goalies, the inflated value of goalies in my league means that I'll get a lot more in trade return for a hot Steve Mason than I do for a hot Tyson Barrie.

I also know that D men take a long time to develop into fantasy contributors, and I don't mind the wait - I'm looking 2-3 years ahead when Dumba, Rielly, and especially Hamilton will start playing decent minutes.

I've decided not to cut toffoli, just based on his performance in a few games this year and his good scoring pace in the AHL- which puts him above schwartz for me.

Finally, I'm weakest (long term) in the wing position - so I want to keep Read and Hagelin over guys like Schwartz... not sure if this is the best thought, but it's what I'm leaning towards.

Thoughts?
    SP

Going by your latest rationale, drop Schwartz and Barrie I guess - although I would still drop Hagelin over Schwartz. I like Trouba more than Barrie long-term and think he's close to jumping right in and making an impression.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka