Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Dobber Sports Padawan

^ agreed

As for Nichushkin, the only team in the top 10 that I can see possibly taking a swing at him in Tampa.

Buffalo could see another Russian fall into their lap.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I like keeper leagues where you can't draft a player until he is drafted by a NHL team.. Makes the draft that much more interesting.. Just my opinion though!!
    I personally find it to be the exact opposite. It takes pretty much no homework in order to draft after the clubs have drafted. You can just walk in and follow the NHL draft. In my format you have guys drafting from 3 different draft years at the same time. Very unpredictable and much more exciting imo. Also rewards the owners who work hard and do there homework.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    ^ agreed

As for Nichushkin, the only team in the top 10 that I can see possibly taking a swing at him in Tampa.

Buffalo could see another Russian fall into their lap
    Cause the last one has really worked out for them.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    kind of early to jump to conclusions no? they clearly rushed him in.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't really know how you came to the conclusion that Grig's hasn't worked out for them. If they pick again today they would still draft him there I would think.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    kind of early to jump to conclusions no? they clearly rushed him in.
    Garbage pick at the time, garbage pick now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I personally find it to be the exact opposite. It takes pretty much no homework in order to draft after the clubs have drafted. You can just walk in and follow the NHL draft. In my format you have guys drafting from 3 different draft years at the same time. Very unpredictable and much more exciting imo. Also rewards the owners who work hard and do there homework.
    I see what you mean.. I understand it would take more homework, but definitely water's down the mid-season draft..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Keeping my eye on Lucas Wallmark.

Dobber Sports Stud

Garbage pick at the time, garbage pick now.
    I don't like Grigs much but I think he was a reasonable pick at the spot he was taken (ie. worth the gamble outside the top 10). I just can't stand people talking about the pick as if was some sort of 'steal' before they've seen him do anything. By that logic just about everyone in the draft outside the top pick can be considered a 'steal' for the first year or so.

Dobber Sports Veteran

To me drafting ahead of the NHL draft is good only if you have to make real choices with roster spaces. If you just keep everybody in some 40 player farm team then it is the law of averages that some players will turn out. For example: If you want to draft Nikita Korostelev from the 2015 draft it should cost you dropping Drew Shore now.

Dobber Sports Guru

interesting tweet re Nichushkin, if true it bumps him up in the draft.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 59s Traktor Chelyabinsk's hockey director says Valeri Nichushkin's agent wants him to play in North America next season #SomeDraftOtherThanNFL

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    To me drafting ahead of the NHL draft is good only if you have to make real choices with roster spaces. If you just keep everybody in some 40 player farm team then it is the law of averages that some players will turn out. For example: If you want to draft Nikita Korostelev from the 2015 draft it should cost you dropping Drew Shore now.
    Were salary cap with a maximum farm of 20 players and can not keep a player on the farm if a player has played more then half an NHL season. So there are decisions a plenty.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Veteran

Were salary cap with a maximum farm of 20 players and can not keep a player on the farm if a player has played more then half an NHL season. So there are decisions a plenty.
    Cool. How big is your pro team? How many teams?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    Cool. How big is your pro team? How many teams?
    H2H 25 man active roster 5 reserve, Modified cap, 16 teams. It has been around for about 20 years and is a spinoff of our other pool that was feature in THN about 10 years ago.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

The Great One

Thi big reason why drafting before the NHL draft is terrible is because a players value hugely depends on the team drafting them.