Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

The Great One

Default 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Might as well make a thread of it.

If you haven't heard of Peter Cehlárik, you probably will as the draft approaches. He could be a really late and fast riser.

Dobber Sports Pro

who is your number 1 pick?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's between MacKinnon and Drouin, and I really don't know...
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Pro

I think it depends of the team who draft 1st..... In calgary I see more Mackinnon than Drouin for the rought style of west..

If its Florida its party time for Drouin whit Huberdeau, they played well together during subway series or whatever name !!! ( could be party with Mack too..)
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    who is your number 1 pick?
    Jones without question

Jones
    Mackinnon
    Barkov
    Drouin
    Lindholm
    Ristolainen

I have said this a million times and will put it in writting again regardless if Jones goes first or not Drouin will NOT go before Mackinnon. Not happening 0 chance. Will bet anyone any amount they want and we can put the money in sort of an account to hold....
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Might as well make a thread of it.

If you haven't heard of Peter Cehlárik, you probably will as the draft approaches. He could be a really late and fast riser.
    Ya I had no idea who this kid was until about two months ago. Have seen him popping up in a lot of top 50 recently.

Speaking of this draft how stupid were the Avs for matching that.offer on Reilly? Could have had two top 4 picks in this draft and Calgary is still going to suck next year and they should have known that. They could have added a Reinhart or an Ekblad to the mix maybe.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Ya I had no idea who this kid was until about two months ago. Have seen him popping up in a lot of top 50 recently.

Speaking of this draft how stupid were the Avs for matching that.offer on Reilly? Could have had two top 4 picks in this draft and Calgary is still going to suck next year and they should have known that. They could have added a Reinhart or an Ekblad to the mix maybe.
    How lucky are the flames that the Avs matched - Lose ROR to waivers, give up lottery picks ... Franchise loses all hope for future
    Semi-retired

Administrator

I've not really been a fan of Slovak prospects in recent years but colour me intrigued by his decision to play in Sweden. A lot of their better prospects have been coming over to play in the CHL and have had success in Junior but not so much beyond. This is a novel path so I'm curious to see how it plays out. Ultimately, I don't think your league truly matters from a developmental standpoint so long as the prospect is always challenged to improve but I just like guys who do things differently so I will keep an eye out.

As for #1 pick I'd probably go with Jones then Mackinnon because they play premium positions that teams just cannot seem to fill. Drouin is right up there with them but doesn't play that premium position. It's like if you asked the Blackhawks who they'd get rid of between Toews, Kane and Keith. My money's on Kane even though he's a stud.

As a generality, this draft strikes me as being very similar to 2011 where you probably can't go wrong with any of the top guys and most of them will be able to step in right away and make an impact although it is a little bit more tiered than that year and I do think that when it's all said and done Jones is going to prove to be the best choice of the bunch.

As for fantasy, Drouin #1 all the way.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've not really been a fan of Slovak prospects in recent years but colour me intrigued by his decision to play in Sweden. A lot of their better prospects have been coming over to play in the CHL and have had success in Junior but not so much beyond. This is a novel path so I'm curious to see how it plays out. Ultimately, I don't think your league truly matters from a developmental standpoint so long as the prospect is always challenged to improve but I just like guys who do things differently so I will keep an eye out.

As for #1 pick I'd probably go with Jones then Mackinnon because they play premium positions that teams just cannot seem to fill. Drouin is right up there with them but doesn't play that premium position. It's like if you asked the Blackhawks who they'd get rid of between Toews, Kane and Keith. My money's on Kane even though he's a stud.

As a generality, this draft strikes me as being very similar to 2011 where you probably can't go wrong with any of the top guys and most of them will be able to step in right away and make an impact although it is a little bit more tiered than that year and I do think that when it's all said and done Jones is going to prove to be the best choice of the bunch.

As for fantasy, Drouin #1 all the way.
    That's my feeling too for Fantasy side, for NHL side I'll go with Jones !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

The Great One

Food for thought:

When Washington traded Varlamov to Colorado it was for a 1st rounder in 2012 and either a 2nd rounder in 2012, or 2nd in 2013. Washington opted for the 2nd in 2012 and drafted Mike Winther 54th overall. If they would have waited a year, they probably could have got someone in the 31-35 spot, and a much deeper draft to boot.

Easy to say now, but worth noticing.

The Great One

Interesting draft picks information (top picks)

Avalanche: Have all their picks....except their 7th rounder....
    Blackhawks: They don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
    Columbus: They own LA, NYR, and their own first, and their own 2nd, but most likely will have to forfeit their 3rd because the Rangers aren't making it to the Cup Finals (Nash deal)
    Blues: If they make the playoffs they will lose their first rounder, they don't own their 2nd, but they own Ottawa's 2nd.
    Bruins: If they advance to the East Finals, they owe Dallas their 1st.....anything other outcome and it's their 2nd instead.
    Canadiens: They have their first and 3 seconds (their own, Calgary, Nashville). 4 picks in the top 40 potentially.
    Canucks: Don't own their 2nd (Roy deal)
    Capitals: Have all their picks
    Coyotes: Have all their picks except their 4th, but own Florida's 3rd too.
    Devils: Currently hold the 10th overall spot, and they host the draft this year. They will not be forfeiting their 1st rounder this year (Kovalchuk saga), and will HAVE to forfeit it next year. Can't wait for that.
    Ducks: Own their 1st and 3rd and the Islanders 2nd.
    Flames: They have their own first, Pittsburghs first, and maybe St.Louis 1st if they qualify for playoffs. They don't have a 2nd though!
    Flyers: They will own their top 3 picks
    Hurricanes: They will own their top 3 picks
    Islanders: They have their 1st and 3rd.
    Jets: They have their 1st, Chicago's 2nd, their own 2nd, and a compensatory 2nd from the league (59th overall).
    Kings: They don't have a first (Jeff Carter deal)
    Lightning: They don't own a 3rd
    Maple Leafs: They will own their top 3 picks
    Oilers: Don't own a 3rd or 4th but they have their own 1st and 2nd and Anaheim's 2nd.
    Panthers: They don't have a 3rd.
    Penguins: They don't have a 1st or 2nd but will have two 3rds
    Predators: Don't own a 2nd
    Rangers: Don't pick until the 3rd, where they own three picks
    Red Wings: Have all their picks
    Sabres: Own their own and Minny's 1st, and their own and Blues 2nd.
    Ottawa: Doesn't own a 2nd, but have two 4ths.
    Sharks: Have their own first, and three 2nds.
    Stars: Have their own first, and 2nd along with Vancouvers 2nd....And will own either Boston's 1st or 2nd depending if Boston reaches the East Finals.
    Wild: Don't have their first, but own their 2nd and New Jerseys and San Jose's third too.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interesting draft picks information (top picks)

Canadiens: They have their first and 3 seconds (their own, Calgary, Nashville). 4 picks in the top 40 potentially.

Maybe my math is hazy, but "top 40" would mean that all the second round picks would be in the first ten picks of the second round. Since Montreal has clinched a playoff spot, their own pick can't be any higher than 15th in the second round (right after the 14 teams that didn't make the playoffs), so best case scenario (draft-wise, since that would mean a major collapse to end the season, plus an early exit from the post-season), they have 4 picks in the top 45.

4 picks in the top 50 potentially would be a little more realistic an expectation, even though as a fan I'm hoping that their own pick is as late as possible!

(unless this was a typo on your part?)
    Last edited by Potatoeman; April 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Good catch. Mistake on my end.

Montreal do own Calgary's and Nashville's second rounder along with their own.

So 3 in the top 40 is what I 'meant' to say!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good catch. Mistake on my end.

Montreal do own Calgary's and Nashville's second rounder along with their own.

So 3 in the top 40 is what I 'meant' to say!
    Yup, they got Calgary's in the Cammalleri deal and Nashville's in the A.Kostitsyn deal.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Montreal

Ya Montreal got 1 1st round and 3 second ... but their first round will be like the 25 to 29 depend where they finished the season ...

So they got 4 pick between 25 and 55 ?? some thing like that ? Is this exact ?
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons