Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Fantastic. I've missed almost all of the games do far this year because of work or some event, and now Reyes is out before I could really watch him play.

I haven't even witnessed a jays win yet
    Him and J.P are the only guys who have had there heads out of there asses.

But I have an ace up my sleeve. For the first 9 games of the season I switched my FB profile pick to whom ever was starting for the Jays. That didn't seem to be working so tonight I made my profile pic Louis Mendoza and low and behold 8r in 5 2\3. I have switched my picture to Shields for tomorrow. Let the voodo work baby!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

bbb you're channeling your inner bondon there LOL
    Lurker.

Dobber Sports Star

Fantastic. I've missed almost all of the games do far this year because of work or some event, and now Reyes is out before I could really watch him play.

I haven't even witnessed a jays win yet
    Not many people have
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Ninja

So how do we bounce back from something like this.

My first hope is that they can maybe acquire Johnny Mac cheaply. If nothing else I just want someone who can play defense.

Other option is considering putting Jose back at 3B and bring up Gose to play RF or do some other shifting in the outfield. Lawrie has some decent range, wonder if he could play SS.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Losing Reyes is shitty but I'm glad it happened this early in the season. According to AA, Reyes will be gone ofr 1-3 months (from these eyes, i"d say closer to 3). Which brings them to the all star break. If Reyes is back around then, the Jays will compete for that playoff birth.

As for how to play this? Move Jose to 3B (until Lawrie is back), DeRosa/Izturis SS, Boni 2B...at RF they can go Davis or maybe call up Sierra or Gose?

The pitching will come around (it has to). This team is too good to not get their shit together.

April showers brings May flowers.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Losing Reyes is shitty but I'm glad it happened this early in the season. According to AA, Reyes will be gone ofr 1-3 months (from these eyes, i"d say closer to 3). Which brings them to the all star break. If Reyes is back around then, the Jays will compete for that playoff birth.

As for how to play this? Move Jose to 3B (until Lawrie is back), DeRosa/Izturis SS, Boni 2B...at RF they can go Davis or maybe call up Sierra or Gose?

The pitching will come around (it has to). This team is too good to not get their shit together.

April showers brings May flowers.
    This sounds about right to me. Lawrie can never play Short.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just seen an tweet from A.A and Davidi that says the Jays will make a trade for a S.S to tide them over till Reyes return. If they get one good enough could solve our minor problem at 2nd when Reyes returns.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Ninja

Y'know, really have to call in to question why PH Davis in for Rasmus when he was 2-2 with a homerun in the game. I know Rasmus was set to face a lefty but I find that to be the most overblown shit in the game. If my guy is 2-2 with a homerun I give him the bat and tell him to go get'er.

Not to mention Rasmus' defense in a tie game is a huge asset. Bonifacio just not cutting it at any position defensively right now. Granted that was a tough ball to get to but I think Rasmus would have had done a better job of tracking it and maybe could have gotten an early jump.

Well, if they lose this I still haven't seen the team win a ****ing game yet. I've only seen them play 6 or 7 games this year so far and i think this if the fourth time i've seen them blow it at the end.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Also Delabar is getting way too overworked. I like the guy's stuff but he's already at 8 IP on the year and I think last year was his most IP at around 55. At this rate he'll clear that before the halfway point of the season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Y'know, really have to call in to question why PH Davis in for Rasmus when he was 2-2 with a homerun in the game. I know Rasmus was set to face a lefty but I find that to be the most overblown shit in the game. If my guy is 2-2 with a homerun I give him the bat and tell him to go get'er.

Not to mention Rasmus' defense in a tie game is a huge asset. Bonifacio just not cutting it at any position defensively right now. Granted that was a tough ball to get to but I think Rasmus would have had done a better job of tracking it and maybe could have gotten an early jump.

Well, if they lose this I still haven't seen the team win a ****ing game yet. I've only seen them play 6 or 7 games this year so far and i think this if the fourth time i've seen them blow it at the end.
    I agree with you about Bonifacio. I new he couldn't play in the feild for time. He is a good come off the bench ph, pr. but not an everyday ball player.

Gibbons is crap! we need Bautista in the lineup everyday...

Happ has been our Ace and he goes today. We need a win so bondon please don't watch

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I agree with you about Bonifacio. I new he couldn't play in the feild for time. He is a good come off the bench ph, pr. but not an everyday ball player.

Gibbons is crap! we need Bautista in the lineup everyday...

Happ has been our Ace and he goes today. We need a win so bondon please don't watch
    I never liked Gibbons and it was a big mistake bringing him back. Im putting all the loses on Gibbons and no one else.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    I never liked Gibbons and it was a big mistake bringing him back. Im putting all the loses on Gibbons and no one else.

A big mistake? Why because he ph Colby Rasmus? Or because the jays bats have been quiet to start the year? Or because their starting rotation has had some rough outings?

If you were being sarcastic, I apologize for not picking up on it. If you were serious, I would like to know how you could come to the conclusion (in April) that Gibbons was a mistake

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still haven't seen them win a game yet this season...

Administrator

So I'm blaming you for this poor start to the season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    So I'm blaming you for this poor start to the season.
    So is this the equivalent 'goalie' curse for baseball?