Thread: Studs & Duds - Thursday 3/7

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Studs & Duds - Thursday 3/7

Studs

Jakub Voracek
    This guy is absolutely the real deal. After a slow start, he is lighting the league on fire. Another 2 goals and 7 shots last night. He’s making the absolute best of his opportunity in Philly. Although, I would expect a regression as I don’t see this pace as sustainable.

Chris Kunitz
    A solid player in a fantastic situation is fantasy gold! When your most common linemate is #87 and you are often on a PP unit with guys named Malkin and Neal, expect good things. 2 goals and 3 points from Kunitz last night in what’s becoming a career best season.

Alex Ovechkin
    A great night from (great?) 8 last night. OV seems to be righting the ship. I can’t help buy make the comparison to Kovalchuk and his struggles from a few years ago. Ovechkin might come out of this a better player like Kovy did.

Duds
    Jonathan Quick
    Quick is not having the same success he had in LA last year. Another rough outing last night with 4 goals on 21 shots. With games like that, it’s tough for the Kings to stay in games. Luckily for them, their offense hasn’t been as anemic this season.

Jordan Eberle
    Wow, talk about a regression. No points last night compounds his rough season. He’s still putting up decent points but he’s only scored in 5 of his 23 games. Compounded with a 8.3% shooting percentage, he’s got to be better than this. Likely, he’s somewhere in between this year’s Eberle and last seasons.

Dustin Byfuglien
    I called out Buff a few weeks back, and he responded with a solid game. After another lackluster offensive night, I have to name him a dud again. In his 12 games since injury, he only has 3 points. It’s time for him to turn the corner and get back to his producing ways.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nice read, a few thoughts I have relating to your post:

Voracek - That's the hard part...figuring out if/when to sell. In my one-year league I was ready to give him away as a toss in a month ago...now how do I gauge his value. What kind of player do I target, or do I target anybody at all or do I simply ride it out. One thing that has never changed this year was his PP time. I believe the only two people currently with more PPP than him are Ribeiro and Malkin, and he's tied with a handful of other guys.

Kunitz - Boy did I miss the boat on that one. I drafted Ryan effin Callahan over him this year. Oye.

Quick - Ugh...what more is there to say. Ugly. I hate having to carry Bernier around as a handcuff right now, taking away that roster spot.

Eberle - I don't understand how you pinpoint him as a dud when his buddy Ryan Nugent Hopkins sits at only 8 points and 3PPP...less than half of what Eberle has got in both regards. Talk about a sophomore slump.

Byfuglien - I actually posted a thread regarding Buff a week or two ago...I'm wondering if he's playing through injuries (and was actually injured the game before I posted that thread lol)...no doubt not having Enstrom hurts him as well.

Dobber Sports Giant

good job. appreciate it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Eberle - I don't understand how you pinpoint him as a dud when his buddy Ryan Nugent Hopkins sits at only 8 points and 3PPP...less than half of what Eberle has got in both regards. Talk about a sophomore slump.
    I just focused on Eberle due to extreme love he got last year. I even remember reading someone's thoughts that his shooting % was sustainable because he was a "sniper" and that his goal production may go because he will shoot more. It still may happen, but I just don't see it. I really think his perceived value outstrips his actual value by quite a bit - especially in multi-cat leagues.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow...giving up Voracek for Frolik and Dalpe a couple years ago...is making me ill.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin