Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty League with a Twist

Dobber Sports Giant

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

Chinny wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    I really like Chinny\'s idea on how we can setup a 3-tiers league. If everybody is active and do his job it can work. However, I totally understand that this can create a lot of work for the Comish and I would fully respect his decision and will still be in for the 20-10 setup.

As for the chance of having the same players, if I recall the rules properly, this will only happen during the playoff with the bottom 4 teams from the 20 league and the top 8 of the 10 league.
    The part of the having the same players picked in each league was that the lower league has no use in \"building\" a team it is always all or nothing, if you win the feeder league then you move up and I am assuming after following this that you just take over a bottom team in the above league and you let your old team go. My idea woudl allow you to build a team from nothing, sure it will take time but there is a chance at a huge reward, but after years of being in the bottom league you could work your way up to the top league based strickly on how your players develop and it would bring a real feel to the fantasy keeper idea.
    The one major flaw with my setup is that the rosters sizes can\'t exceed 15 players, unless we go to 27 or 24 teams. As for the playoffs i under stand why The Comish needs to have the 2 leagues have a similar number of teams in each league because if you have a team that picked from a pool with 19 other gm\'s compared to a team that only had 9 other gms to grab guys your overall depth would be much better than that of the bottom 20 team leagues.
    I won\'t say it\'s all or nothing, because if you don\'t get promoted, you still keep your team and have a chance to build up for next year. However, I agree when you say that once promoted you get a bottom league team.

What\'s really wrong with the fact of having only 15 players? Sure we might have to go with a 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G setup, but using the same pool would be really fun and really challenging imo.

Again, Comish started this thing and he\'ll take a decision.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I do like Chinny\'s suggestion. I\'ve been toying with the concept of a 3 tiered league for years. Hell that\'s where the 3 tiered concept came for the Dobber Expert, Pro and Entry leagues. My idea was initially supposed to be a keeper though.

Hmmm, I need to think about this idea. I don\'t like the reduced rosters, but would accept no less than 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1G with 82 game max\'s (that way you NEED two goalies - just like the NHL). That\'s 14 and I think I would need at least 5 bench.

The idea of being able to keep YOUR team is very compelling and consistent with what I initially wanted to create.

Let me think on this and I\'ll get back to everyone.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    The idea of being able to keep YOUR team is very compelling and consistent with what I initially wanted to create.
    Honestly, that\'s what really seduce me in Chinny\'s idea. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1G and 5 or 6 bench space should do the job. You would be able to have a spare for each position plus another one.

Well I guess, we\'re changing your plan a bit, but it looks like to be for good!

Dobber Sports Ninja

If this what ends up happening then count me in.

Dobber Sports Giant

doulos wrote:
    I\'m glad to see you\'ve changed your mind Doulos! This is shaping up to be an awesome league!

Dobber Sports Stud

doulos wrote:
    Believe it or not but i would also be in the same boat, there was just something about a keeper pool where a bad year or a rebuilding year and you get a new team didn\'t quite appeal to me.

do go bigger rosters we can\'t have 30 teams, thats the catch, 30 15 man teams is the \"easiest\" number.

Dobber Sports Master

I just can\'t wait to draft next season
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Stud

Chicleteur wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    Honestly, that\'s what really seduce me in Chinny\'s idea. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1G and 5 or 6 bench space should do the job. You would be able to have a spare for each position plus another one.

Well I guess, we\'re changing your plan a bit, but it looks like to be for good!
    the problem with a 3-3-3-4-1 +5(C-LW-RW-D-G-bench) system is that it won\'t work with 30 teams. With 30 teams the max roster size is 15.
    The best a 30 team league could do is 2-2-2-3-1 +5, or set each position to less than 82 games maybe 65, 70 or 75 or of course reduce the number of bench spots. If we only had 27 teams the dummy teams get a bit trickier because you go get 18 man rosters, but that would prevent putting 2 teams together one 1 dummy team, yahoo roster max is 30, so 15 seems to be ideal, but not as big as most would like.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hi everyone,

I sent an email with an update. Doulos, if you are interested, send me an email to [email protected] and I\'ll forward you what I sent the others.

Basically, I think we can do what Chinny has suggested - using the three tiered ten team approach. The only drawback in my opinion is the \"small\" rosters of 15 players. The thing is with 30 teams, that makes it 450 players deep!

In the email I\'ve asked for your guys thoughts. If everyone who has expressed interest still wants in, we are at 29!

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Cheers,

The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi everyone,
    The Comish wrote:
    I sent an email with an update. Doulos, if you are interested, send me an email to [email protected] and I\'ll forward you what I sent the others.
    I just forwarded the info to Doulos

I am extremely pumped for this!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Email sent!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If #30 is still available, I\'d join!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous,

It just so happens that a friend dropped out (too many pools to add one more!). Welcome No.29! Send me an email at [email protected] and I\'ll forward you the email update that I sent out earlier this week.

I\'m looking for feedback from everyone on some of the details. Some of the rules will be changed with the info I get from you guys.

I know you haven\'t got a high post count, but your posts tell me you know what you\'re doing. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Giant

Any idea on when you\'re going to come up with the new rules? As I\'ve told you in my email, a friend of mine might be interested in joining depending on the direction...

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'m working on it Chic! Everything\'s been been crazy lately.

I have many different suggestions from you guys. There are so many knowledgeable poolies giving me their opinions/ideas. I have to read through all the responses and then I will sent one more email looking for your thoughts on the changes.

I\'m trying to get the rules as good as they can be so that we don\'t have too many issues during the season.

Once the rules are settled and we know who our 30 are, then I can start working on coordinating the draft.

With 30 teams, it is next to impossible to do live, even in these forums - we\'d get hung up on one guy (there\'s always one in the crowd!).