Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty League with a Twist

Dobber Sports Giant

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

Crazynuck wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:
    Should be fun, first keeper and first roto! :cheer:

Feeder league for me, as well. Have to start somewhere...
    feeder league.... did you get an email saying this?
    Yup it was in the email with the rules I got from the Comish. So if you got the email with the rules and it wasn\'t on, I\'m assuming your in the main league.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazynuck wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:

Crazynuck,

I sent out an email last Friday. We had 22 teams and only 20 were going to make the first 20. Unfortunately 2 teams would have to start in the feeder league, which will have 16-18 competitive teams (plus my dummy team needed to commish).

I decided a fair way would be to assign two Super 7 numbers to each of the 21 teams (sorry Comish automatically gets in). Last Friday, whoevers number came up as the bonus number would start next year in the feeder league. This coming Friday, the same deal, one team will go down.

Both of those teams will get first dibs if someone drops out before we start drafting next year.

For everyone else, they will have to sign up for the feeder league. Essentially the same rules for both leagues. In my opinion, the feeder league already has several (up to 5 now) knowledgeable poolies in it, based on what I\'ve read from their posts in these forums.

I will resend the email out so you know what I\'m talking about. I wondered why I only received one response.

It\'s shaping up to be a very interesting pool(s?).B)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What was the Super 7 Bonus number for last Friday?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lucky number 7. You were spared WTP. Unfortunately bleedblue will start the season in the feeder league. One more draw this Friday...

To be honest, we will have some serious poolies in the feeder league. All it means in the first year is that they signed up late. There will be 16-18 teams (instead of 10) in the feeder league. It will bridge the competitive gap between the two leagues.

We have 6 teams signed up for the feeder league already. I am confident it will be a very good group as well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:

Crazynuck,

I sent out an email last Friday. We had 22 teams and only 20 were going to make the first 20. Unfortunately 2 teams would have to start in the feeder league, which will have 16-18 competitive teams (plus my dummy team needed to commish).

I decided a fair way would be to assign two Super 7 numbers to each of the 21 teams (sorry Comish automatically gets in). Last Friday, whoevers number came up as the bonus number would start next year in the feeder league. This coming Friday, the same deal, one team will go down.

Both of those teams will get first dibs if someone drops out before we start drafting next year.

For everyone else, they will have to sign up for the feeder league. Essentially the same rules for both leagues. In my opinion, the feeder league already has several (up to 5 now) knowledgeable poolies in it, based on what I\'ve read from their posts in these forums.

I will resend the email out so you know what I\'m talking about. I wondered why I only received one response.

Thx Commish

didn\'t get the first email but got your second one.
    hoping for 40 or 41 not to hit.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wish I didn\'t have to do that Super 7 crap, but I should have said straight up the first 20 will compete in the 20 team league and the rest in the feeder, but I didn\'t.

I was really hoping to pick the top 20 teams, but then I realized that was unfair. The emails slowed to a trickle and I made a decision to cut it off at 22 and then came up with the Super 7 idea.

My initial concept of this pool was to have 30 teams in 3 10 team tiers all drafting from the same pool of players (um, the NHL) and moving up and down within the three leagues. Plus it was supposed to be an auction pool with salary limitations.

It was just too hard to do an auction over the internet with 30 teams. Working within Yahoo seemed to be the easiest way to work it.

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Sure it is! I really look forward for this one!

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    I wish I didn\'t have to do that Super 7 crap, but I should have said straight up the first 20 will compete in the 20 team league and the rest in the feeder, but I didn\'t.

I was really hoping to pick the top 20 teams, but then I realized that was unfair. The emails slowed to a trickle and I made a decision to cut it off at 22 and then came up with the Super 7 idea.

My initial concept of this pool was to have 30 teams in 3 10 team tiers all drafting from the same pool of players (um, the NHL) and moving up and down within the three leagues. Plus it was supposed to be an auction pool with salary limitations.

It was just too hard to do an auction over the internet with 30 teams. Working within Yahoo seemed to be the easiest way to work it.
    Great concept and yahoo is definately the site to use for this type of league.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

3 tiers would have been amazing!

Dobber Sports Ninja

doulos wrote:
    I won\'t rule that out. If we get enough owners it could happen. Each feeder league would have to be 16-18 teams I think in order to keep the competitive balance.

We\'ll have to wait and see how much interest there is in a three tiered concept.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lucky number 7 here. The 3 League - 10 team system sounds awesome.....even more interesting now that I lost the \'lottery\' LOL !

btw Commish - if you ever wanted to run with the Auction format, I commish one of these myself and could give you some input on how we struture things.

Go Gens Go !
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    doulos wrote:
    I won\'t rule that out. If we get enough owners it could happen. Each feeder league would have to be 16-18 teams I think in order to keep the competitive balance.

We\'ll have to wait and see how much interest there is in a three tiered concept.
    As you said, I\'m not so sure about the aunction thing with the fact that we\'re spread all across the board, but I also like the 3 tiers setup. However, I don\'t really know how you can do this in Yahoo...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hi Chic,

I\'m not looking at doing the auction in my new dynasty league.

If we get enough owners, maybe a three tiered set up would work. The third tier could even be added after next season or later.

Dobber Sports Master

Another vote for the 3 tier.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Crazynuck wrote:
    Another vote for the 3 tier.
    Add me to that vote list.

It\'s the way most European hockey leagues work as well as Soccer leagues. Bottom teams get relegated while the top teams in lower leagues get promoted.