18 - ultrawhiteness
    19 - Anonymous
    20 - Al Martin
    21 - bleedblue
    22 - raccer
    23 - Chicleteur
    24 - Nehithaw
    25 - Rad64
    26 – Broad Street Bullies (replaces WhatThePuck?)
    27 - sd1976
    28 - Leafsfan64
    29 - Dan Milburn
    30 - Noriculous

Some ground rules for the slow draft. As a minimum, you MUST draft at least 3LW, 3RW, 3C, 4D, 1G and 1 F/D. Everyone should attempt to fill their 25 roster slots. Top prospects will be invaluable in a dynasty league.

You don’t have to stop taking C for example once you have 3, but at the end of the draft you MUST have your starting 15 filled out.

Please keep track of your money spent. The cap is $1000, once you don’t have enough for the $5 minimum, you are done drafting. I will try to inform guys who are close to not having enough money to get to the 15 starting roster slots.

I will keep track in excel and later on in the draft, I see posting or sending updates of rosters and money left.

I will be starting two new threads in dobber hockey forums under my Comish’s Corner blog. One will be called Draft Summary and I’d like it if only The Comish posts there and the other will be dedicated for each Round. I will start a new thread for each round and that is where everyone will post their picks and trash talk, etc.

Once Monday 12 May rolls around, if everyone could at least pay attention to their emails and/or be online if it is near their pick. This is going to take a long time and if we pay attention, it will go much quicker than anticipated.

Once you read this, I will have opened the two threads and Martin can start with the first pick, when he’s ready. Please don’t post telling guys to hurry up. I will have already sent them an email and will prompt them when I feel that too much time has passed. My thoughts are, prior to 20 May, we are just casually trying to advance the draft picks. Between 20 May and 10 Jun, I would like to pick up the pace and try to get guys to make their picks quicker. After 10 Jun, we lose at least one guy to work/holidays.

If you know you will be away from internet/email access for more than a day or so, please let me know. I’ve already received four replies with dates they will be inactive.

Anyway guys, happy drafting. I am flying to Ottawa Saturday (10 May) – it will take most of the day, so I may not be responsive immediately. You all know the draft order, so feel free to post it in the thread (Round 1) in the Comish’s Corner or send me an email and I’ll post it there. For those who are not members of dobberhockey’s forums, you should become a member, it is an unbelievable repository of hockey pool knowledge.

The Comish

Dobber Sports Ace

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

I there

The Nordique Fan Are please to choose Alexander Ovechkin for the first pick
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

NordiqueFan wrote:
    I there

It has begun!! Have a good draft everyone!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nice pick NordiqueFan and Good Luck to all!

You might want to go to Comish\'s Corner and post your pick under the Round 1 thread though.

I think everyone is switching over to that area of the boards for coms regarding this league.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Master

NordiqueFan wrote:
    I there

Welcome NordiuqeFan to the Dobber forum.

Nice first pick and Karma to you for getting this amazing draft started.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'ve resent the email. Thanks for posting here Chinny! Just arrived in Ottawa, but I\'m about to head out. If you guys see a pick posted (it better be in order, no jumping the cue boys!), the next guy can pick - at least that\'s the idea.

I\'ll try to keep sending emails prompting guys, but if you are certain it\'s your pick, go right ahead and post. When I\'m back tonight, I\'ll update and send an email if necessary to the next guy we are waiting on. Thanks guys.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chinny wrote:
    I have yet to find an easy way to explain it but the way it works is this

you get the stats from the past 3 years
    in every stat cat you give them a % of the max for that cat.
    so the top Goal scorer will be a 1 and a guy that has 50% of the max goals would be a .5, this is done for every stat.
    We then take 1/6th (there is 6 stats) of every percentage and add them together to get that persons rating for that year.
    We then take 10% of the oldest yr, 30% of the 2nd oldest wave, and 60% of the most recent yr. that becomes the players 3yr rating.

from there we get a min and a max and then we interpolate it between the salary ranges of $200-$5 and that becomes the players salary.

hope that helps a bit!
    I think I am getting there...I have the three year ratings for each player, but I am not sure how you get from there to the salary...is it a straightforward multiplication or formula I can plug into a spreadsheet?

Also, did you handle GAA differently...that type of stat wouldn\'t seem to be as easily handled

Thanks again, I am going to have as much fun predicting salaries as I am drafting
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Stud

You want me to explain this after a couple drinks?

ok i\'ll try (i will try and concentrate on spelling errors so it is readable

for GAA we take the min of about the top 50 goalies (based on wins)the calc we use is 1-((\"players GAA\"-min GAA)/Min GAA)\"

then to get the overall points and salaries for players and goalies it goes liek this
    for goalies i take 1/3 of each goalie stat and add it up for each year, for players i take 1/6th of each stat and add it up for the players yearlly points
    we then take 10% of the oldest year, 30% of the middle year and 60% of the most recent year, that gets you the overall ranking

after all that every player has a ranking, from those ranking are then interpolated between $200-45 to get their salaries,before that is done we add a small offset to the max ranking when assigning it to the max salary value to keep anyone from getting to the max and also to align the golaies in a good spot.
    the min is based on a player and goalie down far enough to allow each team to get $5 players that aren\'t just prospects to fill out their roster.

one day i hope to get a better explanation of this all, just not after a few drinks!