Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty League with a Twist

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

Thought I\'d get this out before the season ended!

I\'m looking for about 25 owners for a serious dynasty league concept (two leagues). I want active but not hyperactive owners. The regular season will be run on Yahoo. Playoffs can be maintained off-line in excel.

The concept is that there will be a 20 team league and a separate 10 team feeder league. Both will be governed by essentially the same rules.

The regular season will be rotisserie style counting Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, Penalty Minutes, Shots on Goal and Power Play Points for both forwards and defensemen and Wins, Goals Against Average and Saves for goaltenders.

Roster size will be 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G and 10 player Bench/Reserve List. There will also be 3 IR spots.

Position eligibility, games played and IR will be governed by Yahoo.

Playoffs will be Head to Head (H2H), but based on points only. There will be no redraft for the playoffs. The bottom 4 teams in the 20 team league and top 8 teams in the 10 team league will have a playoff to determine which four teams come back to the 20 team league.

The bottom two owners in the 10 team league will be let go and two new owners found each year. The Comish will maintain a list of prospective new owners.

We would be looking to run the initial draft on Yahoo this fall once Yahoo opens their fantasy hockey site. In the following years, there would be an annual five round draft.

If you are interested, I will send you the rules and put your name on my list. You can also send me an email to:

[email protected]

This pool will not cater to the weak.B)

Edit: I\'m now looking at one 20 and one 16 team league in order to bridge the talent gap during the relegation playoffs - The top 10 team league guys would have a decided advantage over the bottom 20 team league guys.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

That sounds very interesting, very good concept. You can jot my name down as a prospective owner, please and thank you.

Just wondering scoring, will there be seperate scoring categories for forwards and defencemen, or are they combined into one? Im assuming one as you mentioned Yahoo. My keeper league right now is weak, I\'m ready for a challenge.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hi Anonymous,

Unfortunately, Yahoo doesn\'t separate forwards and defence scoring. The two roto keeper leagues I run have a category for defence scoring and two other leagues I have teams in do as well.

Send me an email at [email protected] and I\'ll send you the rules. Cheers
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like an interesting idea. If I wasn\'t already committed to being in less hockey pools next year I\'d be in!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sounds like a good Keeper League Im in My e mail is [email protected]. How are you going to do the draft how to pick 1st overall? How do you pick GM\'s to be in the 25 team from the 10 teams?
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

The Magnificent One

hey pretty interesting. i just sent you an email. hope to hear back soon.

question: how does the draft work in regards to the 10 in the feeder league? do they have a seperate league with players, and if so when they come into the main league what players do they get? how would there team work
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i\'m in and sent an email...prepared to get destroyed boys

Dobber Sports Guru

im interested comish. [email protected] !!

The Magnificent One

anyone hear anything from this? havent yet.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ninja

newper,

I just sent you the rules, your email ended up in my bulk folder and I look there last!

We are up to 15. Looking for 15 more poolies looking for something different and challenging.

Torture

Sounds cool Comish.

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What the hell. Someone new to beat.

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Stud

Comish, just sent you an email.

Dobber Sports Master

Comish sent you an email
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

The Magnificent One

wow this league is going to be a problem... i usually ask all my advice on this site now. if i have all you guys in it who am i going to ask advice from.

crazynuck and the comish and others you have all helped me in the past. i be in trouble now