Thread: Goalie prospects, who do you like?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Goalie prospects, who do you like?

Frederik Anderson
    Jeff Frazee
    Martin Jones
    Riku Helenius
    Eddie Pasquale
    Harri Sateri
    Calvin Pickard
    Chet Pickard
    Jeremy Smith
    Sami Aittokallio

If you had to pick one of these guys as a FA to place in your minors system, who would you take?

Do you think any of them have starter future or simply career AHL goalies?

Any future solid backups at the very least??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

From what i have heard/read i would group them as,

starters: Frederik Anderson/Riku Helenius/Martin Jones/Harri Sateri
    back up:Calvin Pickard/Eddie Pasquale/Jeremy Smith/Sami Aittokallio
    Ahl:Jeff Frazee/Chet Pickard

I'm not an expert on tendy's by any stretch tho. That's where i have them all pegged. Some of the guys are longer shots then others, and most of the back ups above have had starter potential earlier in their careers so i guess you can't rule them out 100%.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post
    From what i have heard/read i would group them as,

starters: Frederik Anderson/Riku Helenius/Martin Jones/Harri Sateri
    back up:Calvin Pickard/Eddie Pasquale/Jeremy Smith/Sami Aittokallio
    Ahl:Jeff Frazee/Chet Pickard

I'm not an expert on tendy's by any stretch tho. That's where i have them all pegged. Some of the guys are longer shots then others, and most of the back ups above have had starter potential earlier in their careers so i guess you can't rule them out 100%.
    Thanks for the reply and thoughts.

Rep to ya mate for taking the time and effort!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jones, Andersen and Sateri basically all fall in the same position of having potential to be a starter but are stuck in with several good goalies ahead of them, at the NHL and lower level too. My feeling is Jones may be the closest, since I see the Kings having to trade Bernier by this off-season, though I think Andersen may have the best ceiling.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    Jones, Andersen and Sateri basically all fall in the same position of having potential to be a starter but are stuck in with several good goalies ahead of them, at the NHL and lower level too. My feeling is Jones may be the closest, since I see the Kings having to trade Bernier by this off-season, though I think Andersen may have the best ceiling.
    Thanks bud. Rep to you as well!

Dobber Sports Deity

Anyone else got an opinion here?

Dobber Sports Novice

Frederik Andersen is the best of this bunch IMO. He has been awesome these past 2.5 years. He is in tough competition for a NHL job with Fasth, Bobkov and Gibson all in the system, but this guy is huge, and he stops pucks wherever he plays. Simple as that.

Martin Jones is the most likely to get a backup job next (in my opinion) as it's only a matter of time before Bernier is moved. Jones has been very consistant over the years (save percentage about .910 for 6 years in a row).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by shamblaow View Post
    Frederik Andersen is the best of this bunch IMO. He has been awesome these past 2.5 years. He is in tough competition for a NHL job with Fasth, Bobkov and Gibson all in the system, but this guy is huge, and he stops pucks wherever he plays. Simple as that.

Martin Jones is the most likely to get a backup job next (in my opinion) as it's only a matter of time before Bernier is moved. Jones has been very consistant over the years (save percentage about .910 for 6 years in a row).
    Thanks mate. Good info. Rep to you!