Thread: Goalie Help

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Goalie Help

I'd appreciate any sound advice you guys can give me here. I'm in dire need to address my goaltending woes in my Roto league. My goalies are Schneider, Hiller, Vokoun. O U C H. I knew my goaltending was going to suffer after having the #1 pick in a snake draft but didn't know it was going to be this bad.

I'd say the team with the strongest goaltending in my league with an ability to trade has Anderson, Quick and Niemi. He said he's probably not willing to part with Niemi but would deal either of the other two. He's pretty weak on G and SOG so he's looking for offense.

I'm also willing to make a blockbuster deal for any other goalie out there but I know it's hard to offer advice when you're not able to view the other teams in my league.

Here's my roster...you have to start 6 Forwards, 4 D men and 2 Goalies on a weekly basis.

Malkin
    Benn
    Toews
    Plekanic
    Kesler
    Burrows
    Clowe
    Marchand
    Hartnell

Edler
    Byfuglien
    P.K. Subban
    Souray

Hiller
    Vokoun
    Schneider

Just looking for your thoughts on a fair deal (or slightly in my favor!) for a Goalie.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Try to buy low on Quick...you have Kesler and Hartnell on IR too...so maybe one of those guys, Vokoun, and add Clowe or Marchand to the mix if they don't like the earlier combo? But I'd start there and work my way up...but I tend to be a scrub when it comes to offering trades...
    ESPN 8-Team H2H Points

C(2) LW(2) RW(2) D(4) UTL(3) G(2) B(11) IR(4)

G(4) A(2) +/-(1) PIM(.25) SOG(.25) SHG(2) SHA(1) GWG(3) HAT(8) HIT(.25) BLK(.25) DEF(1) PPP(1)

W(5) L(-2) SA(.1) GA(-1) SV(.2) SO(5) OTL(2)

C: McDavid(K), Barzal, Kadri, Suzuki, Hischier, Keller, Teravainen
    LW: Huberdeau, Robertson, Verhaeghe, Caufield, Benn
    RW: Kucherov (K), Fiala, Thomas, Thompson, Jarvis, Necas
    D: Josi, Heiskenan, Dahlin, Hamilton, Hronek
    G: Oettinger, Fleury, Talbot
    IR: Andersen

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the feedback red prince.

Based on my original post, what do you guys think of this deal...

I get: JVR and Halak

I give up: burrows, Plekanec and either Schneider or Hiller

This is a done deal if I want it. I kind of like it. What do you guys think? If you like, who would you give up...Schneider or Hiller?

Then I plan on picking up Ladd from free agency to fill my last roster spot.

Thanks in advance for your help guys

Dobber Sports Newbie

Well guys, here's what I did.

As a refresher, my goalies were Schneider, Hiller and Vokoun.

I dropped Vokoun and picked up Reimer the other day.

I just traded Plekanec and Hiller for Gagner and Halak.

So my goalies are now Schneider, Halak and Reimer. My depth at forward is pretty good which allowed me to trade Plekanec, especially since Hartnell is back.

Forwards now:

Malkin (afraid he's going to be out for a while)
    Benn
    Toews
    Gagner
    Hartnell
    Kesler
    Burrows
    Marchand

If you guys wouldn't mind, please give me your honest opinion on the moves I made. If your thoughts are negative, go ahead and tell me...I can take it.