Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VCR @ COL - What do you think about the goalies?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default VCR @ COL - What do you think about the goalies?

Marty already mentionned this do me as a probable good matchup for Theo. With their huge win over CLG on Monday combine with the dramatic lose from VCR yesterday, what is your feeling on this game?

My original plan was to play Luongo everytime, but I should either play Theo instead or in addition and go for the autowin.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have both and I\'ve already decided to sit Luongo tonight.

Note: Colorado is being offered good odds to win by Proline.

Dobber Sports Guru

Louie is on top of his game right now. No way calgary could have won that game last night if not for his team taking stupid penalties.

I would play Louie for sure, and maybe both. I notice you don\'t lose points for losses, just goals against, correct chic?

Dobber Sports Giant

You said it stupid penalities!!! You\'re correct regarding my scoring cats UW. If I decide to play both, I have to pray for a low scoring game.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I\'d play Luongo, he has been in the zone the past 10 games. The Canucks pissed away two points last night and I expect Luongo to come out fired up.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Giant

angus wrote:
    I\'d play Luongo, he has been in the zone the past 10 games. The Canucks pissed away two points last night and I expect Luongo to come out fired up.
    I\'m glad to see another nuck expert comments on this. As I said, it is my plan to play Luongo all the way and sure with the yesterday lost he should be on fire. But what if it screw up their confidence?

Dobber Sports Guru

Chic I expect them to be angry, not unconfident. I hate forecasting matchups, as really, anything could happen and I don\'t want to screw your team if I\'m wrong, but if I were to put money on the game I would bet for a low scoring affair. Colorado wasn\'t exactly blasting pucks past Kipper on Monday. Look for a 3-2 victory, maybe 2-1.

typo88

I dont think it is possible to justify playing theo over luongo in this situation. Anyone that watched the game yesturday (painful...) will know that loui stood on his head all night, and the nucks simply gave up in front of him, surrendering about 30+ shots in 2nd/3rd periods alone, and not putting any pressure on calgary. I think tonight your gonna see a MUCH more determined effort in front of luongo.

Yesturdays game was a total disgrace for the nucks, and i hope vinny ripped that team a new one in the dressing room, especcially shannon. DID ANYONE ELSE SEE HOW HE LET UP ON THAT ICING LATE IN THE GAME CAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO GET HIT!!! WTF

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Chic I expect them to be angry, not unconfident. I hate forecasting matchups, as really, anything could happen and I don\'t want to screw your team if I\'m wrong, but if I were to put money on the game I would bet for a low scoring affair. Colorado wasn\'t exactly blasting pucks past Kipper on Monday. Look for a 3-2 victory, maybe 2-1.
    Oh sure! I hate that either... Don\'t worry I won\'t blame anyone giving me advice as I\'m the one who take the final decision.

Dobber Sports Giant

typo88 wrote:
    I dont think it is possible to justify playing theo over luongo in this situation. Anyone that watched the game yesturday (painful...) will know that loui stood on his head all night, and the nucks simply gave up in front of him, surrendering about 30+ shots in 2nd/3rd periods alone, and not putting any pressure on calgary. I think tonight your gonna see a MUCH more determined effort in front of luongo.

Yesturdays game was a total disgrace for the nucks, and i hope vinny ripped that team a new one in the dressing room, especcially shannon. DID ANYONE ELSE SEE HOW HE LET UP ON THAT ICING LATE IN THE GAME CAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO GET HIT!!! WTF
    Sure Bobby was playing great yesterday. I\'m not really looking to play Theo over Luongo, but maybe more tempted to play Theo in addition to BobbyLu.

Dobber Sports Star

VAN is 5-7-1 on the tail end of back-to-back games (3-5-1 of that is on the road). Looking at the rest of COL\'s games, if I was going to play Theodore against anybody, this would be the game. Look forward to watching this one on TSN, should be a dandy
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Super Moderator

I know you should never bet against Bobby but I just have a feeling the Avs will win. I think he can get 50 saves but the team won\'t score. And Theo is hot right now and the Avs at home are great and like mapletreemarty said, \'Nucks don\'t have a good record in the tail end of back-to-back. So if you are going to play Luo, I\'d also play Theo. My $.02.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Giant

50 saves would be awesome! 1-0 SO win would be a dream!

Dobber Sports Guru

ya, i think you gotta play both. i don\'t think the game will be a blowout. you\'re guarenteed a win and 50 saves (between both tenders)... 8 points in your format.

lets say you only play one, choose the winner, get 25 shots and 2 GA... that is 4.5 points. if you put in both and its 3-2, you get 6.5 points. heh, math is fun.

Dobber Sports Giant

Sure, but I would lose a game played... I\'ve made up my mind... I will play both!

Thanks guys!