Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks- Retired

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Chicago Blackhawks- Retired

Hi everyone, with Shakedown taking over the Bruins thread I have been asked to take on the Blackhawks. I was previously covering the Blue Jackets, but had some issues with letting the thread slide.....that won't be a problem here since I'm now covering my favorite team.

I've been a Hawks fan my whole life, well since I was 8 or so and got into hockey. I just barely caught the tail-end of the Roenick-Belfour era, and was mostly raised during the underwhelming Chelios-Amonte-Zhamnov-Daze years. And who can forget the glory days of the ABC line? But I stuck it out, and it eventually paid off in 2010 with the greatest day of my life. Seeing Hossa raise the Stanley Cup in the same sweater he won a Memorial Cup in 12 years earlier is one of my favorite hockey memories, as you can see from my avatar.

So I look forward to keeping everyone up to date on the latest Hawks news. This thread will be an evolving concept....don't expect daily practice line updates, or recaps after every single game since living in Oregon makes it tough to catch every game. But I will give my best insight on this team from top to bottom, from the stars to the prospects.

First note.....this team has a lot of very good hockey players. Where else are you gonna get that kind of cutting edge information? You're welcome everybody.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports All-Star

Excellent to hear FTD, you'll do great. Do you have any insight on CHI prospect Adam Clendening? I have him, but want to drop him. Thanks.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sweet.

Now, as I said in the now locked previous Blackhawks thread... That pass to Hossa from Kane for the game winner last night was DIRRRRTY!!! I think Kane finishes top ten in scoring this year.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Monster

5-0 Baby!! BOOM!

Dobber Sports Wizard

First time the Hawks have started a season 5-0 since 1971, WOW!

As long as Crawford has a bounce back season, the Hawks could be the team to beat. The defense has been much better this season compared to last, and the offense is there like always. Exciting times for sure.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Hawks caught a huge break on that disallowed Columbus goal, but you have to be lucky to be ood, and good to be lucky! Hawks are flying high again, I'm thinking they keep it going against Detroit tonight!

G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    Util (1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

Corey Crawford will start in goal for #Blackhawks tonight vs. Red Wings.

Dobber Sports Monster

Nick Leddy with the overtime goal!! 6-0 on the season!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Huge win. That was one of those games that teams need to win if they want to make it in the playoffs. Character building stuff. ****ing right!

Util (1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Huge win. That was one of those games that teams need to win if they want to make it in the playoffs. Character building stuff. ****ing right!
    Yeah for sure. Hawks were out of gas and outplayed in big chunks of the game. Playing B2B games and totally spent on energy. Huge win! Crawford has been FANTASTIC!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

BTW, Shake, I'm glad to see that you dropped the Bruins colours. As much as I do like the Bruins, it was disconcerting to see the indian head replaced by the big 'B'. I can deal with the neutrality of your current avatar/sig.

Util (1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    BTW, Shake, I'm glad to see that you dropped the Bruins colours. As much as I do like the Bruins, it was disconcerting to see the indian head replaced by the big 'B'. I can deal with the neutrality of your current avatar/sig.
    Thanks man. Yeah it was weird lol. I am a diehard Hawk fan, period!! I like Boston quite a bit ( big fan since late 80's) and watch a lot of their games and follow the team closely, so I wanted to just write about them and let FTD take the Hawks. It's all in good fun and a nice change, but at the end of the day I am a diehard Blackhawk first and foremost!!
    Last edited by Shake; January 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Thanks man. Yeah it was weird lol. I am a diehard Hawk fan, period!! I like Boston quite a bit ( big fan since late 80's) and watch a lot of their games and follow the team closely, so I wanted to just write about them and let FTD take the Hawks. It's all in good fun and a nice change, but at the end of the day I am a diehard Blackhawk first and foremost!!
    Oh yeah, never had a problem with the Bruins, they were always my little brother's favourite team. We thought it was very fitting that the Hawks won in '10 and the Bruins won in '11, just for us! Bourque and Neely are two of my favourite players ever as well, for what it's worth.

Util (1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Nucks vs Hawks tonight 10pm!! Stoked.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Got it on DVR (I'll be at work ) I'll have some hard hitting analysis tomorrow. Or, more likely, a long post of nananananabooboo as Luo is chased in the first period.