Thread: Studs & Duds for Thursday 1/24

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Studs & Duds for Thursday 1/24

Studs
    Brad Boyes
    It seems like a move to Long Island might be enough to regenerate Boyes. In only roughly 15 minutes of ice time last night, Boyes managed to put up 1 goal and 2 assists while maintaining a plus 2 rating. He could be a great value pick if on the wire in your league.

Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture
    Thankfully, for opposing teams, these guys all don’t play on the same even strength line. They would be very tough to defend. Unfortunately, for opposing teams, these guys all don’t play on the same even strength line. There are two lethal lines that have to be defended. Another great night in all from these four with a combined total of 4 goals and 8 assists.

Varlamov
    33 shots on goal and no goals allowed. Even against the Blue Jackets, that’s always impressive. Varlamov seems to be continuing his play from late last season and early this season overseas. I would suspect the chance to buy low on him has closed.

Honourable Mention: Steve Sullivan – keeps getting it done.

Duds
    Ovechkin
    Granted, the Caps have had a revolving door of coaches and playing styles of the past couple of seasons but Ovechkin is much better than this. Another night of laying goose eggs on the scoreboard and only two shots on goal to show for it – truly a dud from a supposed superstar. Would it make a difference if he could run the offense as he saw fit? Who knows!

Weber
    No points for Weber last night or this season. Is Nashville’s anemic offense to blame? Or is the impact of the loss of Suter, as many predicted, having a significant impact on the stud defenseman. Too early tell, but he’s not doing anything to quell those rumours.

Johnson
    JJ was underwhelming at times in LA when he wasn’t “the man”. In Columbus, he came in with gusto and changed many perceptions about him production while playing for the Blue Jackets. He’s never been known for his defensive ability, so he’ll need to spark some offense to be valuable to Columbus and fantasy owners alike.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports All-Star

I didn't watch the game. What's going on with WAS and why are they in such a gridlock right now?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I didn't watch the game. What's going on with WAS and why are they in such a gridlock right now?
    They had some good chances but no sustainable pressure. Price made a huge difference though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Thanks for doing the studs and duds.. Gonna be hard to trade now with u!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

I second that Newp. Good job AR! Wow. We have AR on Thursdays and me doing S&D on Mondays. Our league was already tough enough. AR, be sure to make your moves in our league before putting up your weekly S&D column...lol
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Studs
    Weber
    No points for Weber last night or this season. Is Nashville’s anemic offense to blame? Or is the impact of the loss of Suter, as many predicted, having a significant impact on the stud defenseman. Too early tell, but he’s not doing anything to quell those rumours.

Nice S&D a-rogue!

I'm glad to see Weber & Rinne struggling. I predicted both to have some bumps this year based on:
    1) Losing Weber, but also
    2) The money Weber & Rinne get paid eats away at the budget Nashville has to build an overall good team.

I wouldn't say "many predicted" this decline... just a few.
    And, for now, I'm giving myself a pat-on-the-back for being one of those few.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks all!

I enjoyed doing this and look forward to future weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Nice S&D a-rogue!

I'm glad to see Weber & Rinne struggling. I predicted both to have some bumps this year based on:
    1) Losing Weber, but also
    2) The money Weber & Rinne get paid eats away at the budget Nashville has to build an overall good team.

I wouldn't say "many predicted" this decline... just a few.
    And, for now, I'm giving myself a pat-on-the-back for being one of those few.
    Pw7, I may have been mistaken with your the number of people that predicted a Weber decline. It was likely the clout you have around here that made it seem like a popular opinion.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Pw7, I may have been mistaken with your the number of people that predicted a Weber decline. It was likely the clout you have around here that made it seem like a popular opinion.
    LOL.
    I think this off-season I got biggest disagreement in threads on:

1) Rinne to have decline in numbers
    2) Weber to have decline in numbers
    3) Giroux to have decline in numbers

People don't like to hear somebody say that their players might not put up same numbers again. (but so far... check, check, check...)