Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: phaneuf for backstrom (washington)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:phaneuf for backstrom (washington)

hockeylifer wrote:
    I digress. We are talking about 2 years of Backstrom compared to 1 year of Phaneuf, STRAIGHT UP? I am sorry, in my world, I don\'t mean to be disrespectful and there are a lot of more knowledgeable people than I but I would certainly go with Backstrom. The upside of Backstrom with Ovechkin or Semin has to be higher than what Phaneuf would do for you. Did I miss something? No disrespect intended.
    No disrespect taken. The way I look at it if I am playing to win next year and Backstrom gets 75 points and Dion gets 55pts 100 pims I am much better off with Phaneuf. Phaneuf is the only good D available between now and our draft. I have a really good shot at winning next year. I would love to go for back-to-back titles but I lose some key guys after next year.

I am thinking now though Backstrom\'s trade value is going to grow through the year while Phaneuf\'s is already known. I am going to stick with the kid!

Thanks again for the advice all

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:phaneuf for backstrom (washington)

lanky522 wrote:
    You must have said something someone didn\'t want to hear. The Kharma points are very fickle.
    Maybe whoever gave me the karma point in the first place changed his mind... :laugh:

Don\'t hate me for saying that... I have the guy in my keeper league. I like him a lot too...
    I agree. Phaneuf is probably the way to go...but....just a feeling...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)