Thread: Keeper League: Brodeur vs Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper League: Brodeur vs Lehner

I'm in a keeper league the weighs goalies very heavily. We're also a salary league. 10 person league; we keep 3 goalies each.

This year I feel I'm "in it". It could be my year to win. I am offering up Robin Lehner for Martin Brodeur because I fear my Jimmy Howard may let me down.

Comments? Am I paying too much? Too little?

How would you rate Lehner vs Brodeur in a keeper?

Dobber Sports Immortal

If you're going for it all this year I throw the keeper part out the window for the most part. Who are your other goalies?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We field three goalies. Their entire season counts for points, sv% and gaa. I have Howard, Lehtonen and Backstrom.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would do the deal. Brodeur gives you a bit of stability in goal so you don't have to worry about Howard struggling or the potential injuries of the other two.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As much as it hurts me to see Lehner traded for a 40 year old, I think it's a deal you have to make if you believe you have a legit chance at winning the league. You could potentially ride Lehtonen and Backstrom all year as long as they stay healthy they could be enough to carry you, but one injury and you're relying on Howard who is a huge question mark at this time.

Is there anyone else you could deal for Brodeur? If there isn't there isn't but Lehner is gonna be a stud unless everything goes horribly wrong.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I prefer Brodeur, knowing he's got a two-year contract and should play next year.
    Also - the Olympics are next year and I can foresee Marty wanting to be part of one more.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the input folks.

I am in negotiations for Brodeur as we speak (as well as three other goalies who might be able to help me).

Thanks again for the help.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I prefer Brodeur, knowing he's got a two-year contract and should play next year.
    Also - the Olympics are next year and I can foresee Marty wanting to be part of one more.
    As an assistant coach ???
    twitter: @hugotwigg