Thread: Hamilton for Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Icon

Question Hamilton for Tarasenko

YES its another Tarasenko thread...

Been offered Hamilton for my VT - 2nd league in sig.

My forwards (non-prospect) are pretty solid (although very young, so not exactly a sure thing) with only starting 6 weekly, but I am concerned about my D, which looked promising until recently.

Carlson is turning into more of a 2-way guy, McBain has fallen off the map, Rundblad got sent down again, I don't know what to expect from Voynov, Larsson or Orlov really, and Schmaltz is a crap shoot who is years away if he ever arrives. Karlsson is my only solid sure fire stud.

Tarasenko is my only blue-chip prospect and has been highly touted for years, but so has Hamilton. I would expect Hamilton to take a while to develop, but as with any rookie you just never know. Tarasenko is looking lights out right now of course, and I have only seen highlights but he does look pretty freaking good.

League is heavily weighted to goals and points with hits only a tiny fraction of the total, so Hamilton doesn't really give an advantage there - but D-man point are worth ~35% more than F points (F: 5/G, 3/A, and for D: 7/G, 5/A. Hits are only 0.2).

Dealing from strength towards weakness? Or am I underrating my D? Will Rundblad ever stick or is he Filatov, D-version? I am getting sick of waiting on the guy. Larsson for real? How long?

I am at the end of a rebuild with this team and its time to rise up the standings.

My gut feeling is to just hold on to Tarasenko...but it is making me think.
    Last edited by PrairieDog; January 22, 2013 at 3:42 AM.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

With his hot start I have no doubt that you could do better, and if your looking to win soon it would make sense to aim for a dman who is already making an impact.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i have two issues here

first it is not nearly enough for tarasenko

second with your history of young defensemen i am shocked you are willing to try again and would be willing to move tarasenko to do it

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be looking to get someone more established rather than another unproven quantity to be honest if you're going to be giving up your best prospect. Like lucifer alluded to your luck with young defensemen is about as good as my luck with goalies lol.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Keep Tarasenko, even with your very unbalanced team.
    Defensemen come & go... you'll be able to pluck some rising young kid soon enough.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'd be looking to get someone more established rather than another unproven quantity to be honest if you're going to be giving up your best prospect. Like lucifer alluded to your luck with young defensemen is about as good as my luck with goalies lol.
    another thing is that i am beginning to notice that how soon you should draft prospect defensemen is very specific to how your league runs its farm system and how long prospects get to be free keepers etc

if you cant hold them long enough to develop fantasy relevance before shit or get off the pot comes in terms of putting them on the big club you have to rethink how you draft them

there very well could be guys on the wire who give more however you have invested in the guy and tend not to want to give up on him

so i am not sure it is his luck necessarily as much as perhaps his farm rules dont allow for proper maturation

also i think that because the number of 18-20 year old defensemen jumping into the league recently that people think it is now the norm rather than the exception and that might be coloring how quickly we think some of these guys should be developing

and its not just a fantasy phenomenon anyone that visits any message boards of their favorite team i am sure can attest to the increased amount of people declaring bust when an offensive defenseman doesnt have 50 points in a season by his 23rd birthday

so i think there are a bunch of factors in play in terms of why we all (because i made a major blunder myself regarding prospect defensemen) may need to rethink how we are going about drafting our prospect defensemen

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

Who is on the free agent list for D? You really need some experienced D that will put up some points. Bad, No more young inexperienced D for you.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Genius

Keep Tarasenko, he is too good to trade away. I would look elsewhere for a dman.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Prospects can stay on our farm until 100 NHL GP. Nothing better on the waiver wire than what I have.

Thanks, responses have confirmed my initial gut feeling.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keep Tarasenko, young Dmen are far too fickle in their developmental timelines. You could end up waiting years for the ROI on this trade and even then your lucky if it's a wash.