Thread: Draft Day Trade?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Draft Day Trade?

I currently have the 10 slot locked up for my upcoming ladder draft (keepers in sig). The guy with the #2 overall pick is willing to trade this for my #10 and #20 overall. I would move up to grab Benn (if not taken first) or a guy like Duchene or Yakupov.

I'm a contender this season so should I make this move and play catch up with the rest of my picks (3rd round on)?

Administrator

Impossible to answer this without knowing everyone available in the draft, the draft tendencies of your competitors, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Guys in my draft are really unpredictable. Some guys love taking rookies, some guys just follow their guides cheat sheet. Below are the players that can potentially be picked in the first round (12 teams).

forwards:

benn
    duchene
    couture
    marleau
    yakupov
    pomenville
    semin
    pavelski

D:

Yandle
    boyle
    campbell
    subban
    streit
    keith
    shultz
    suter

G:

Luongo
    Raask

Administrator

Seems to me like there's too much talent in this draft to be giving up two top 20 picks to move up, especially since odds are you won't be keeping whoever you draft. Better off keeping the picks and drafting as many win-now players as you can.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think it something worth debating if you can get him to send his 3rd rounder back the other way as well

a lot of potentially doing that depends on how confident you are in mike smith and if you think the first guy isnt taking raask

you can recover from 10+20 for 2+32 with good drafting and following your waiver wire like a hawk given your keeper list is already one that should have you competitive

so no i dont do the deal as is if i am competing however i would seriously think about it if i get that 32 pick

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i think it something worth debating if you can get him to send his 3rd rounder back the other way as well

a lot of potentially doing that depends on how confident you are in mike smith and if you think the first guy isnt taking raask

you can recover from 10+20 for 2+32 with good drafting and following your waiver wire like a hawk given your keeper list is already one that should have you competitive

so no i dont do the deal as is if i am competing however i would seriously think about it if i get that 32 pick

I don't think he would go for that. He might be the most frugal GM in our league and I guarentee he will say, "it's not worth it for me to move down 8 spots in the first to move up 4 spots in the 3rd".

I will absolutely try this though. Maybe it's because I had to drop Benn but I hate the fact that he might have his breakout year on any roster but mine.