Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The best articles of the lockout

Administrator

Thinking I should have provided links with the article titles but screw it they aren't that hard to find.
    Last edited by metaldude26; January 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Wish I could comment but I have to admit I haven't read a single article since the lockout started.
    We both lost out here. I lost the traffic, you lost the info. Some of this stuff from the columnists taught me things. Changed my opinion in some areas. And since most of it isn't stale, it's worth a read
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Thinking I should have provided links with the article titles but screw it they aren't that hard to find.
    Ha - no problem, it was very well done nonetheless. Now if I could get 50 more people to do that, this project would be a snap!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IF/When the NHL season gets going, most people will be looking to tweak the existing team that they drafted. So whether something was a good article or not - may not be the most important thing. What is more important is revisiting an article with relevance to the upcoming season.

In other words, I'd key on articles that have information on players that may be sleepers for the coming season. Find some articles with information on guys like Schultz, edit the article and write "UPDATE: Since time of article, Schultz has __pts in __games and appears to be shoe-in for PP1".

I think the position-specific articles will be the best ones to revisit (not because they are necessarily the best-written, though many are, but because they are most relevant to usefulness).
    Start with goalies, then find something with emerging rookies who might get a job due to AHL time, then maybe some sleeper defensemen.

Best wishes with the project.
    Last edited by Pengwin7; January 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Administrator

Also, send some love to the Top 100 Roto Guide series. Tons of good stuff there including occasional specialty articles that accompany the rankings.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust