Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Dobber Sports Star

Im currently debating a deal with OEL as the centerpiece, but it may kill me this year and send the other guy to the promise land.

Chara/Marleau - OEL/J. Williams

Due to the heavy goal weighted league, I get killed this year, BUT love landing OEL. Back and forth on this one, would love any opinions!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Padawan

A lot has been said already but one thing that speaks volumes is that he was the #1 D in terms of ice time by the end of last year in the desert and Tippett's teams tend to score a bunch from the point.

He ate into Yandle's PP time by the play-offs as well.

Their reporters in the desert said he was their best player by the end of the season.

So I'm thinking he's pretty bad-ass.

Lidstrom 2.0.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Im currently debating a deal with OEL as the centerpiece, but it may kill me this year and send the other guy to the promise land.

Chara/Marleau - OEL/J. Williams

Due to the heavy goal weighted league, I get killed this year, BUT love landing OEL. Back and forth on this one, would love any opinions!
    I totally understand your plight here. What you say is true. Chara and Marleau is a steep price to pay on the Hype (albeit perhaps justified) of OEL and Justin Williams who has been great...but still...not necessarily a game changer like each of Chara and Marleau at points of their respective careers.

I know this isn't much help as I'm echoing what you're issue is, but if you're more apt to rebuild, sounds like this is a helluva guys to take a chance on. But maybe see if you can upgrade Williams. You're giving up 2 studs...and only getting one potential stud in the making back. As much as I like the idea of OEL, this is fairly steep price, but I wouldn't criticize you for pulling the trigger.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I totally understand your plight here. What you say is true. Chara and Marleau is a steep price to pay on the Hype (albeit perhaps justified) of OEL and Justin Williams who has been great...but still...not necessarily a game changer like each of Chara and Marleau at points of their respective careers.

I know this isn't much help as I'm echoing what you're issue is, but if you're more apt to rebuild, sounds like this is a helluva guys to take a chance on. But maybe see if you can upgrade Williams. You're giving up 2 studs...and only getting one potential stud in the making back. As much as I like the idea of OEL, this is fairly steep price, but I wouldn't criticize you for pulling the trigger.
    I ended up shipping Chara and Iginla for OEL and Michalek. It may seem like I got deflowered at first blush, but...

In my goal heavy league, Michalek had virtually the same points as Iggy and is 8 years younger. I think out of the two of em, Milan has the better shot at 35 goals going forward - he has landed in a pot of gold with his coach, team, linemate, PP time, etc. It made losing Chara (which stings for sure) for the 21 year old OEL more palitable.

I am hoping that I didn't lose TOO much this season and that I can still contend, while still landing the younger guy.

We'll see
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Best of luck on your deal!

In the spirit of OEL...I need some help on this one (Note my team and cats below).

Offer on the table...

My Kulikov and 2nd round pick
    for
    OEL and a 9th round pick

Help me out guys...Is now the time to move on OEL, assuming he'll edge out B.Smith and Whitney as my #4 defender?