Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I ended up watching Elvis finally. Solid movie. Brought Elvis to light to a different generation. Always fun.
    I need to check this one out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I need to check this one out.
    It's on Crave if you have it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Elvis was entertaining. It felt waaaay too long to me when sitting through it though. I'm not even sure what the runtime is, and it may not even be that long by current standards.

But I seriously thought it was going to end about 3 times before it actually did. Made it feel like a very, very long film (to me, at least).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Elvis was entertaining. It felt waaaay too long to me when sitting through it though. I'm not even sure what the runtime is, and it may not even be that long by current standards.

But I seriously thought it was going to end about 3 times before it actually did. Made it feel like a very, very long film (to me, at least).
    I do typically watch movies for about 45minutes at a time before going to bed. So I didn't notice lol.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I do typically watch movies for about 45minutes at a time before going to bed. So I didn't notice lol.
    Exactly my way of doing it too. Started Top Gun last night.

Also started Glass Onion the other night. I'm into it...we just fell asleep lol

Administrator

I watched Violent Night over the holidays. I'd rate it about 3/10. This movie had no idea what it was trying to be. Or rather, it seemed like it was trying to have a little something for everyone while ending up having nothing for anyone. It had pieces of like every Christmas movie or pseudo-Christmas movie (Die Hard, Home Alone, Bad Santa, Love Actually, The Santa Clause), but really is just a reverse slasher movie where Santa is Michael Myers and you are unequivocally rooting for the killer because he's freaking Santa played by David Harbour. If the movie could have picked one or two genres or one or two audiences it would have stood a chance. This monstrosity was for no one.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Checked out Shotgun Wedding on Amazon Prime. 6/10. Entertaining romp. Well done blend of the romantic comedy and action genres. If you can survive (or maybe even enjoy) the first 15 minutes that are pure classic rom com then you'll likely enjoy this flick because it takes off after getting tilted on it's axis. Very refreshing to get one of these mid-budget comedies again. We used to get at least a dozen of these a year. Not sure I'm ever watching this again, but I'm happy with the time I spent on it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just watched True Spirit on Netflix. True story about a 16 year old Australian girl who sailed around tge world. Good family movie. It was worth watching. 8/10
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Checked out Shotgun Wedding on Amazon Prime. 6/10. Entertaining romp. Well done blend of the romantic comedy and action genres. If you can survive (or maybe even enjoy) the first 15 minutes that are pure classic rom com then you'll likely enjoy this flick because it takes off after getting tilted on it's axis. Very refreshing to get one of these mid-budget comedies again. We used to get at least a dozen of these a year. Not sure I'm ever watching this again, but I'm happy with the time I spent on it.
    Wife and I just watched this one now. I'd say your 6/10 is accurate. It was alright but nothing special.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Just watched Bullet Train on Amazon Prime. 7/10. One of those ensemble comedy crime heist Guy Ritchie type movies. It isn't Guy Ritchie so it isn't top shelf, but it's still quite entertaining and funny, with a star performance from Brad Pitt who still has it. I'm not reaching to watch this again, but I'm not averse to the idea either.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Also Bullet Train. The above comment applies perfectly to my feelings about it.
    Everything Everywhere All At Once. Much overrated imo. Visual spectacle and a decent watch, but not as entertaining or thought provoking as some would make it out to be. 6/10, at most.

Administrator

Caught up on Glass Onion this week. 7/10. Very good for a sequel and would have been entertaining enough as a standalone. I thought this one was a little more obvious than Knives Out but it still executed at a high enough level. I'm also the right market for this type of movie. I love a good heist/mystery type movie where you meet the ensemble cast one by one as they get the band together and there's all sorts of misdirection and clever reveal at the end. So yes, colour me very pleased that there will be more Benoit Blanc films. I'll keep coming back for more.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    OMF... I watched this one last night. I wanted something that I didnt have to think. Well, I think a lobotomy would be required for this one. There were a lot of cringe moments. It was an unmitigated disaster. Wow. We were even talking about how shit it was today. We stopped with 20 minutes to go. Could... not.... carry... on. I laughed. Dont get me wrong, but there were more cringing than laughing. Sheesh!

Dobber Sports Titan

I decided to give Black Adam a watch to see how bad it actually is.

OMG, it's awwwful. It feels like they tried to make the movie 300 into a superhero movie with a lead actor who refuses to play a vulnerable character who tries to make one-liners for trailers as his only dialogue.

I don't understand how they can release movies like this. We all know if you introduce a new OP superhero, you need to nerf them by making them learn what they can do. Black Adam comes in and just destroys everything. It's like being a level 99 pokemon and going back to destroy lvl 1 guys over and over and over.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Watched White Noise with Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, Don Cheadle and others a few nights ago. Not a fan overall.

It started out entertaining, but lost me about halfway through when (in my opinion) it devolved into truly non-sensical -- almost felt like it was trying to be too clever and/or offbeat for its own good.

Interested to hear what others who've seen it think though. Honestly, I can envision it being loved by some.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith