Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Randomly watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) recently and I friggin loved it. What an awesome movie. Just made me think about how great it is to have good friends.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Got out to a theatre at lunch yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 years to see Shang Chi. I loved it and thought it was one of Marvel's better movies. Still felt like a Marvel factory production but had a lot more colour than usual and used some nice long (cgi-assisted) takes to showcase the action.

I may be a bit biased though since I went on a big Hong Kong movie kick as a teenager so I was really looking forward to this, especially when Tony Leung was cast as the villain. He was fantastic as was the rest of the cast. I hope we see him and Simu Liu get some juicy roles in the near future.

Dobber Sports Master

I kept on seeing Sylvio's face from Sopranos (Van Zandt) while scrolling through shows on neflix . I watched one episode of it but have no idea if its worth proceeding (Lilyhammer)

movies ; I really enjoyed once upon a time in hollywood .

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched Schindler’s List and it was great. 4.4/5
    A Quiet Place 2 - it was ok like 3/5
    Suicide Squad 2021 - kinda hokey villain 2.9/5
    Dazed and Confused - far out man 3.8/5
    The Candyman - why say it? 2.2/5
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Free Guy - A surprising 7.8/10. It's weird at first. It's a pretty weak storyline. But there's just something about Ryan Reynolds acting where I can't give it a bad rating.

I'd be upset if I went to the movies to watch it. But I streamed it through Disney+. It's Grand Theft Auto if one of the NPC's gained sentience.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - A WEAAAK use of Carnage 6.9/10. I HOPE COVID had an influence on the movie because it was such a weak execution on a lot of fronts. Seemed quickly paced. One of the characters was pretty pointless. Lost a lot of purpose dialing back Carnage for the PG13 rating. Ran the typical Super Hero Sequel formula but even made the hardship seem like only a hurdle for an hr in the movie time. I dunno, it could have been much better, but it had that feeling of big re-shoots, script editing, and rushed production. Post-credit scene is 0.9 of that rating alone, hope it redeems Venom as a character because they've butchered his origin story so far.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Anyone see Dune yet? Keen to know what people think.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Michael Clayton - 4.5/5, just an awesome slow burn pseudo-legal thriller
    Yesterday - 2.5/5, love the beatles, love the concept just feel like they left a lot on the table
    Schumacher - 2.5.5, amazing story and definitely worth a watch, just found the direction and lack of clear chronology annoying
    Point Break (original) - 4/5, glorious trash
    Ratatouille - 4.5/5, great pixar as far as that goes
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Anyone see Dune yet? Keen to know what people think.
    I didn't think it was out yet? I can't wait though. Might be my first movie in theatres in a longggggg time.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife & I's last few movies:

CODA (Metacritic 75): 5/5 - AppleTV. Story of hearing-girl and her fully deaf family (mom, dad, brother). They use actual deaf actors for the deaf parts, which really works.

The Guilty (Metacritic 63): 3.5/5 - Netflix. Remake of a Euro movie about call-center ex-cop trying to solve mystery from his end of a phone. It works. Jake Gyllenhall is good. Budget for this movie must've been <$10m. Good background watch if you're on your phone.

Synchronic (Metacritic 65): 3.5/5 - Netflix. Two paramedics seem to find themselves in a world of creepy deaths and alternate timeline, disappearances. It's a big weird. We do weird on the weekend.

Love and Monsters (Metacritic 63): 3.5/5 - Amazon$. Young guy is tired of living in bunker protection from world of mutated creatures. Goes to find old love-interest somewhere's away. Entertaining moments. Another good background watch.

Eternal Beauty (Metacritic 71): 4.5/5 - Amazon. I effin loved this movie. About kind of blah-ish woman who's mind pretty much went into the gutter after getting dumped at altar. Lead actress is terrific. Sort of one of those downer movies with good comedic blips.

Evolution (Metacritic 77): 2.5/5 - ???. This movie that has only women and young boys in strange seaside town is just weird. Super weird. One of those movies with a lot of scenes without talking. I wasn't in the right place to enjoy it.

10 Cloverfield Lane (Metacritic 76): 4/5 - . Follow-up to Cloverfield has woman in some enclosed bunker with two other men. It does well, suspenseful. Has John Goodman as the Doomsday Shelter guy and he is GREAT.

Movement and Location (Metacritic 74): 4.5/5 - . This one is about a woman in Brooklyn that seems very out of place from the rest of society but she is trying REALLY hard to look like she fits in... and learning on the fly. This was probably actually one of our favourite films of the past year. The scenes where "weird woman" interacts with her roommate are hysterical in a sort of "the viewer gets it", but the other two do not... understand why it would be so funny. Loved it.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched Free Guy as some background noise. Some fun moments for video game players but otherwise nothing really to see here.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Watched Free Guy as some background noise. Some fun moments for video game players but otherwise nothing really to see here.
    That's how I felt. If you enjoy video games, you'll enjoy it more. But it's an alright movie carried by Ryan Reynolds.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

1. "The Little Things" with Denzel Washington...a slow burner for sure but as a fan of Denzel it's still pretty enjoyable darkish crime drama but not superb 6.5/10

2. "Stillwater" with Matt Damon...this one really got me confused...one of those movies that you really looking forward to but in the end leaves you somewhat disappointed. Fells like you are waiting for something major to happen but it never does even the ending was kinda underwhelming, 5.5/10

Dobber Sports Deity

I love westerns so when I saw one called "Old Henry", I gave it a whirl. It's a typical western type, good guy/bad guy movie but I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 8/10. Good way to waste an afternoon stuck on the ship.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Watched The Eternals yesterday...

Man I get the hate, but it's not as bad as the hate that it's getting. It's long for a Marvel movie (2.5hrs), and there's a lot of exposition. Lots of dramatic standing. And it seemed like they were making EVERY scene dramatic. Like, it was tiring somehow because scenes were pushed as dramatic from the opening scene to the end. I think the main actor and actress were miscast as there was nothing engaging about their acting.

The reason why I liked it...it was different. It was not a typical Marvel movie, and I enjoyed that. It wasn't just fast punchy punchy, good guy beat villain, big boom boom fire on everything. The scenes and special effects were great. The fighting was pretty solid. The comic characters were funny (I actually wish they got a bit more screen time). I was not upset I saw it in theatre on a Tuesday (discount), but I'm not going to tell people they need to see it.

7/10. Not the best Marvel movie, but definitely not the worst. I can't remember what I gave Black Widow, but I think this is way better. Looked back, I gave BW a 6.5/10...I think that needs to be bumped down to a 5.5/10.

The Great One

I enjoyed "The Harder they Fall", for those who like Westerns.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98