Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Watched Ford v Ferrari.

It was good. I wouldn't have been upset if I spent money to go watch it in the theatre.
    Yeah, I was entertained. Not worth fifteen bucks a ticket tho. Perfectly fine way to spend a couple hours at home.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Papillon 7.5 would recommend to people interested in historic movies.
    The Lost City of Z 7.6 same as above
    1917 6.8 same as above
    Shotcaller 7.8 Prison movies with lots of violence.
    3,2,1 Frankie Go Boom 4.9 Funny along the lines of Road Trip but not as good or Two smoking barrels with less action. Still worth some laughs.

Dobber Sports Genius

What do you got? We have time now to discuss our options.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The Natural. Never seen it. Solid movie and had ZERO idea how he got "sidetracked" from his career.
    Molly's Game. I had seen it already but watched it again with my wife. What a great movie. Also Jessica Chastain is great. Really great.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I watched Rise of Skywalker over the past few days and did not enjoy much of it at all. I went in with very low expectations and it still disappointed thoroughly. Even though a good chunk of the movie was well-shot action it was just soooo dull overall and the fake-outs thrown about were probably more frustrating to watch than the realisation that the majority of the first act just served to throw out as much of the Last Jedi as they could.

How Disney spent billions and couldn't get 2 directors over 3 movies to get on the same page is beyond me. Still, hell of a lot better than the Solo movie.

Also watched Sonic the Hedgehog. Not very good at all but Mario Bros. prepared me for that. Nice to see Jim Carrey chew some scenery and be his odd self though. That's the only reason I was interested in the first place.

Dobber Sports Jedi

1917 - Fantastic. Have watched it twice. So damn good. If you like good stories, WW1 movies - you'll love it. The singular scene shooting of this movie really amps up the intensity
    Midway - The acting is sub-par. My link didn't work so well so haven't watched the full movie. If you like special effects - this movie is a good option
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Recently watched Spenser Confidential. Not the best Mark Wahlberg movie I've watched but Iliza Schlesinger was fun to watch. She looked good in the movie.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Doctor Sleep - Sequel (sorta) to the Shining. Much better than I expected. 8/10
    Contagion - Saw it when it came out, but watched it again because it's trending on Netflix. I have to say they did a pretty realistic job with that movie given what we're experiencing today. 7/10

Dobber Sports Master

Just finished The Hundred-Foot Journey from 2014. Really enjoyed it.

Dobber Sports Genius

This one was pretty good. Netfilix. 7.5/10. Decent popcorn movie.

Dobber Sports Icon

Figured I'd watch Contagion again, really well done and great acting. Probably not the best option for anyone with high anxiety levels to watch right now. It's amazing how much our response to COVID-19 is mirroring that movie. Obviously the filmmakers put their time in on the research.

Started watching Dark Phoenix last night, fell asleep, not even sure if I'm going to finish it as it started quite slowly. I try to ignore poor reviews and evaluate a movie myself, but these ones may have been deserved
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Figured I'd watch Contagion again, really well done and great acting. Probably not the best option for anyone with high anxiety levels to watch right now. It's amazing how much our response to COVID-19 is mirroring that movie. Obviously the filmmakers put their time in on the research.

Started watching Dark Phoenix last night, fell asleep, not even sure if I'm going to finish it as it started quite slowly. I try to ignore poor reviews and evaluate a movie myself, but these ones may have been deserved
    I also downloaded Contagion. My manager told me it was a good watch while Im off work . Dark Phoenix - blech, Id rather sleep too.

Best last 5 for me - The Ladies are kicking some butt!:

• Queen and Slim
    • Portrait of a Lady on Fire (this one is easily top 10 of the last couple years)
    • Guns Akimbo (fun shoot'em up)
    • Little Women (2020)
    • Blow The Man Down (recency bias but consistently good start to finish)

for reference here is my checklist https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/audiopile/

Dobber Sports Genius

Invisible Man (2020) - a satisfactory watch. Quite over-hyped on twitter when it was released for home viewing. Not nearly as good as the Kevin Bacon release. Not scary or very thrilling at all - mostly predictable. 5/10.

Half way through Contagion - yes that writer was spot on. Watching current events play out on TV is down right freaky.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I saw Invisible Man over the weekend too. I had high hopes given the great reviews. It was good but def overrated. I probably would have enjoyed it much more not knowing the reviews beforehand. 7/10

Dobber Sports Immortal

Had a double Gosling weekend. The Nice Guys and Crazy Stupid Love. He is absolutely hilarious in the Nice Guys. I love that movie.

Don't normally love rom/coms but Crazy Stupid Love was pretty enjoyable.