Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

I'm not a big movie theater guy (over priced) but the wife and I went and saw the new Star Wars movie. I felt it made sense seeing as I saw the original Star Wars at a drive in theater with my parents back in 1977.

It was well worth the money if you're a Star Wars fan. They wrapped it up nicely. 9/10 for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Saw this thread pop up again, so here are another 5:

32 Hours 7 Minutes - Some guys try to break the US Express record for driving across the USA. Interesting doc/reality, it has some Cannonball run history in it - 7/10
    The Aeronauts - about the hot air balloon and the crazy dude who invented meteorology. I'll watch anything with Felicity Jones, but had to put up with Eddie Redmayne in the process - 5.5/10
    Zombieland Double Tap - awww yeah, Woody is great, and I like Emma Stone even more that Fecility Jones. And everyone gets some. I laughed - 8.5/10
    Lucy in the Sky - Natalie Portman wishing she was still in Star Wars. This was pretty bad, even Don Draper couldn't save it - 4/10
    Joker - if they could've held back on the mental illness plight message id have liked it a lot more (-1) because the acting was fantastic, and I really enjoyed how it wasn't a superhero movie - 8/10

Shout out to Crown Vic, which I saw a few weeks back. If you liked End of Watch and Training Day then you will like Thomas Jane as a surly weathered veteran cop with a rook riding shotgun - 7.5/10
    Oh and also Parasite — a.k.a. Gisaengchung. If you don't mind reading your movies, or are fluent in Korean, this is a good one, albeit a tad strange. It has a bit of everything and keep you engaged to the end - 7.5/10

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm not a big movie theater guy (over priced) but the wife and I went and saw the new Star Wars movie. I felt it made sense seeing as I saw the original Star Wars at a drive in theater with my parents back in 1977.

It was well worth the money if you're a Star Wars fan. They wrapped it up nicely. 9/10 for me.
    Lol. I saw it yesterday too and I thought it was absolute garbage. Maybe the worst of the series. I would struggle to give it a 2 out of 10.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

I liked the last Star Wars. I try to always temper expectations so things dont disappoint. There were a few groan moments, but all in all, I enjoyed myself. I mean you have to see it. Its not like folks are gonna give it a pass because of bad reviews. Dont expect it to change your life and you might just have a good time watching.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I liked the last Star Wars. I try to always temper expectations so things dont disappoint. There were a few groan moments, but all in all, I enjoyed myself. I mean you have to see it. Its not like folks are gonna give it a pass because of bad reviews. Dont expect it to change your life and you might just have a good time watching.
    Now that the hype has died down, I think I will go see it soon. I have seen them all in theatres so might as well.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So....I saw it. Without getting too spoilery.....if I step back and view it as a popcorn/action movie then it was fine. Once I try to add in the previous movies/lore/40 years of history, I just get frustrated at the lack of cohesion between any of the movies in this final trilogy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Snow day today in NS so I watched Ad Astra, the Brad Pitt scifi flick.

It was alright but nothing special. A bit too slow for my liking. 5/10

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Snow day today in NS so I watched Ad Astra, the Brad Pitt scifi flick.

It was alright but nothing special. A bit too slow for my liking. 5/10
    I have to follow this up with my favorite comment about this movie. It should have been called either Brad Astra or Dad Astra.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So....I saw it. Without getting too spoilery.....if I step back and view it as a popcorn/action movie then it was fine. Once I try to add in the previous movies/lore/40 years of history, I just get frustrated at the lack of cohesion between any of the movies in this final trilogy.
    The is damn near exactly what my brother said. He hated it but admitted it'm more palatable if you disconnect it from the last 2 movies.

Watched Knives Out recently and loved it. Easily one of my favourite movies of last year, though I didn't watch too many movies from last year so there's little competition for it. Still, good flick.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ad Astra - lasted only 40 minutes into this one. Couldn't get past the "space monkeys." Boring flick.

Knives out was very good. Little dry for the first 12 minutes, then it takes off nicely. Give it a go. 8/10

Enjoying TOGO by Disney. Half done. If you are a dog lover, you will like this one. Some bad CGI in it, but otherwise nicely shot.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The is damn near exactly what my brother said. He hated it but admitted it'm more palatable if you disconnect it from the last 2 movies.

Watched Knives Out recently and loved it. Easily one of my favourite movies of last year, though I didn't watch too many movies from last year so there's little competition for it. Still, good flick.
    Just watched Knives Out for a second time. What a fun movie. I heard the director (aka the guy who ruined Last Jedi Rian Johnson) is already writing a sequel. To which I say...why? Just leave it. For once in Hollywood just leave it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Ford vs Ferrari this afternoon.

It's based on a true story (which are movies I love) and was quite entertaining. I'd give it an 8/10.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched Ford vs Ferrari this afternoon.

It's based on a true story (which are movies I love) and was quite entertaining. I'd give it an 8/10.
    Still waiting to see this one.

Surprisingly not excited about the Oscars tonight. Normally I love them, but now I just find the Golden Globes are the better show to watch.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I guess everyone has to see Parasite now....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Parasite was epic... I saw it three weeks ago with zero expectations thinking it would be the usual Korean rom com... boy was I wrong.