Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I went n with lower expectations. It was good. Put it on the same level as the AntMan movies. Good and funny, but not the best one in the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Worth seeing.
    This about sums up how I felt about it. Good, predictable middle of the pack Marvel movie. I wouldn’t say that it’s required viewing for Avengers Endgame by any means.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just saw it. Definite MEH factor to it. It's a movie. That's about all I can say about it.

Dobber Sports Star

Yep. I saw Captain Marvel. I thought it was super mediocre...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Has anybody seen "The Dirt"? It's the Motley Crue movie released on Netflix today. I am certainly going to watch it. Haven't seen it yet.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Has anybody seen "The Dirt"? It's the Motley Crue movie released on Netflix today. I am certainly going to watch it. Haven't seen it yet.

Rylant
    Cool I didnt realize it was a Motley Crue story.

Re-watched 40 year old virgin last night. Hard not to laugh.

Dobber Sports Master

Rylant
    Been a fan of Motley Crue since the "Shout at the Devil" days. I enjoyed the film even if it isn't as spectacular as "Bohemian Rhapsody". These guys did some crazy stuff though, and the film doesn't just focus on the highs, but also the lowest of the lows (Vince's car crash, Nikki's near death, Vince's daughter's cancer). Worth watching even if you aren't a fan just to see the dark side of being a rock star looks like.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

I watched Venom earlier. It actually......wasn't bad......

Still wish it was really rated R.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Been a fan of Motley Crue since the "Shout at the Devil" days. I enjoyed the film even if it isn't as spectacular as "Bohemian Rhapsody". These guys did some crazy stuff though, and the film doesn't just focus on the highs, but also the lowest of the lows (Vince's car crash, Nikki's near death, Vince's daughter's cancer). Worth watching even if you aren't a fan just to see the dark side of being a rock star looks like.
    Just seen this and yeah, these guys were unreal early in their career. As bad ass as you can get. I was amazed that these guys survived through the early years, although, Nikki's near death was a life changer for them. I never got into Motley Crew but know some their music. The movie was definitely entertaining.

Oh, and the scene with Ozzie Osbourne by the pool...lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Rylant
    I have it downloaded but haven't watched it yet. I've heard good and bad things about it. A few friends said the acting was terrible but the story itself is good, if you are a fan. This one certainly wont be competing with Bohemian Rhapsody for any awards LOL.

I just watched Triple Frontier off Netflix. It was alright. It killed a couple hours.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have it downloaded but haven't watched it yet. I've heard good and bad things about it. A few friends said the acting was terrible but the story itself is good, if you are a fan. This one certainly wont be competing with Bohemian Rhapsody for any awards LOL.

I just watched Triple Frontier off Netflix. It was alright. It killed a couple hours.
    Triple was pretty decent - yup good to kill 2 hours with.

The Dirt was very good IMO. Yes raunchy but it doesn't bother me. I read the book years ago, dusted it off the shelf and will dive back into it again. Solid 8/10. Cheesy acting but it worked for a Netflix film.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Icon

Beyond the Curve - 7.5/10
    Really enjoyed this "documentary" about Flat-Earthers. It was super entertaining and informative. I thought it made some really great points about not completely dismissing these people as "idiots". Some of them are actually highly intelligent people who just went off the rails due to various circumstances. It's kind of sad that their intelligence and motivation couldn't have been put to use on something legitimate. Overall, I'd highly recommend a watch of this.

The Dawn Wall - 8/10
    While it pails in comparison to the book "The Push", the Dawn Wall is a fantastic account of Tommy Caldwell's life, the adversity he faced and his successful free climb of the Dawn Wall in Yosemite National Park. The movie is far more accessible to people who aren't members of the climbing community and will be entertaining to anyone who enjoys nature, sports or inspirational stories.

Captain Marvel - 6.5/10
    Solid movie but nothing spectacular. Probably put it in the lower half of all the Marvel movies but still entertaining. Wanted to make sure I caught it before Endgame, turns out I didn't really need to. Guess I should have read the forums here first

Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse - 6.5/10
    Went in with high expectations due to all the things I saw when it was first released. Overall it wasn't too bad but I wasn't blown away. Felt a little bored at times and wasn't a huge fan of some of the animation. But I can understand why others liked it so much.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

The Dawn Wall - 8/10
    While it pails in comparison to the book "The Push", the Dawn Wall is a fantastic account of Tommy Caldwell's life, the adversity he faced and his successful free climb of the Dawn Wall in Yosemite National Park. The movie is far more accessible to people who aren't members of the climbing community and will be entertaining to anyone who enjoys nature, sports or inspirational stories.
    I LOVED this doc. So good, regardless of whether or not you're into climbing. 9/10 for me.

Dobber Sports Guru

The Avengers Endgame: No spoilers. Saw it Friday night. It was good, but I don't agree with everyone else saying it was the greatest thing ever. I thought it was slow in the first half, and it doesn't hold a candle to Infinity Wars. I'd give Endgame 7/10.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Fighting With My Family

I expected a time killer but this was actually a damn good movie. Based on a true story, this movie had me in stitches a few times. Some classic one liners in there.

"Dick me down and bury me pregnant " LOL!

Definitely recommend this film.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Peter Rabbit. I was only moderately interested in checking this out, but it turned out to be pretty fun, with some decent comedy. 7/10