Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Lady Bird - wonder years meets Juno. @ 1 h 30 mins, it's a quick one. Mildly entertaining. Laurie Metcalfe was great in it. 8/10
    Darkest Hour - 8/10 Solid cast. I like anything to do with WWII. I'd watch this one first, then Dunkirk for those who have yet to see either.
    1922 - netflix movie based off of a Stephen King novella. Bit of a slow burn and somewhat dark/depressing. 6/10
    The Florida Project. 2/10 pass on this one.
    There Will be Blood (2007). Again, slow burn but D.Day Lewis was fantastic in it. Slow but held my attention throughout. 8/10

Still working on Thor:Ragna and Jumanji but both have been pretty stupid thus far.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Game Night.

Fantastic! Great cast!

Good time for 2 hours of laughs.

Dobber Sports Star

I watched Star Wars; The Last Jedi for the first time. Wow; I thought it was absolutely horrible. The Snoke stuff was horrible. The stuff with Po trying to relieve the Admiral was horrible. Kylo is not a believable main bad guy. The Yoda stuff was horrible. Brienne of Tarth was horrible. The main general for the Empire, young guy, horrible. Chasing the fleet while they ran out of gas? Wow... horrible. The 2 things about it that I did like, were bitter Luke, and I like Rey.

I pretty firmly believe, that this is now the worst movie in the franchise, easily beating out Attack of the Clones for that distinction.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched Jumanji last night. Very fun movie. The Rock and Kevin Hart should do everything together. If Kevin Hart is in Baywatch 2 that would be perfect.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I watched Star Wars; The Last Jedi for the first time. Wow; I thought it was absolutely horrible. The Snoke stuff was horrible. The stuff with Po trying to relieve the Admiral was horrible. Kylo is not a believable main bad guy. The Yoda stuff was horrible. Brienne of Tarth was horrible. The main general for the Empire, young guy, horrible. Chasing the fleet while they ran out of gas? Wow... horrible. The 2 things about it that I did like, were bitter Luke, and I like Rey.

I pretty firmly believe, that this is now the worst movie in the franchise, easily beating out Attack of the Clones for that distinction.

Rylant
    I watched this last night as well. I am not quite as hard on it as you are as I didn't mind it. I actually liked the odd time when they added a bit of humor to the story.

Brienne of Tarth?? Thats GOT bro.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched this last night as well. I am not quite as hard on it as you are as I didn't mind it. I actually liked the odd time when they added a bit of humor to the story.

Brienne of Tarth?? Thats GOT bro.
    She plays the absolutely pointless/total marketing toy campaign only chrome Storm Trooper. That's the kind of stuff that bugs me a lot. LIke what was the point of her or the "evil" black version of BB8. Probably both in the movies a combined 4 minutes.

Dobber Sports Master

I caught Alien Covenant a few weeks ago and thought it was a decent flick .

Dobber Sports Master

I watched Alien Covenant recently as well. It is as described on the tin. Enjoyable wy to spend a couple hours.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally saw Black Panther. Great movie. Great cast and story. Not sure why it took me so long but figured I had to if I want to see Avengers.

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw Avengers Infinity War today. Great flick.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally saw Black Panther. Great movie. Great cast and story. Not sure why it took me so long but figured I had to if I want to see Avengers.
    Good decision.

Watched "Bruce Almighty" again the other day. It's not often that I enjoy a sequel more than the original, but "Evan Almighty" was just genuinely funnier, I think. Jim Carey doesn't carry the movie the way I remembered. Definitely not his funniest flick.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Genius

^ End of April was last reply. My god, no one is watching the good old movie anymore.
    Thought I would bump this for any recommendations. Me - not one.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    She plays the absolutely pointless/total marketing toy campaign only chrome Storm Trooper. That's the kind of stuff that bugs me a lot. LIke what was the point of her or the "evil" black version of BB8. Probably both in the movies a combined 4 minutes.
    This is in no way different than the original trilogy after the success of episode 4

The chrome would also help distinguish her from the rest of the people wearing identical uniforms and masks. Personally I prefer the white armour of the stormtroopers but apparently the toy sold like crazy. These characters sometimes take on a life of their own. Boba Fett was barely in the original trilogy but everyone loved that dude. You get the same thing here.

Not sure if you?ve noticed a very simple and very strong theme of ?light vs dark? in the Star Wars movie but there?s why you have a dark bb8. Kids love bb8. These are kids movies, they?ve never been anything other than big dumb campy space fun.

Dobber Sports Master

watched a classic from 1983 called Gorky Park
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2XO39vz01M

Dobber Sports Legend

Gotti - 7/10 because Travolta was awesome.