Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Did you ever check out The Changeling? Definitely has that element to it.
    No, haven't seen it (yet).

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Two movies I seen recently that I enjoyed :

Perks of Being a Wallflower (thanks to an earlier post)
    Craiglist Joe (available via Netflix)

In theaters :

Looper
    Skyfall

Going to see Hobbit this weekend (I think anyways...)
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Expert

HOBBIT 10 out of 10
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched the first Bourne movie, pretty entertaining. 7.5/10 Wanted a little more though. Have the tilogy at home, part II on the weekend.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

^Bumped!

Finished 'end of watch' last night. OK but nothing too great. Some will disagree with me. NOT for children or even the wife/significant other. I read it has well over 420 F-bombs. My ears were bleeding. Watched it solo.

Finished my Bourne trilogy, really like all of them.

Began Looper but not quite done yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9YEggf3mU
    Fav song from end of watch, a little public enemy
    Last edited by Call of Doughty; December 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM.

The Wolverine

Just watched the Hobbit today. It was just ok. Maybe my expectations were higher, but I got into the characters more in the other films e.g. their chemistry and banter, but nobody really jumped out amongst this group. I also felt it dragged a bit at times. Not bad, just didn't think it was great.

Dobber Sports Pro

In no specific order...

This is 40
    While I enjoyed this movie, it lacked when compared to Knocked Up. I am a fan of Apatow movies, and I'm glad I took the time to watch it. I'd rank it 3.5/5

Moneyball
    I loved this movie. Not really sure if it's because I love baseball and sabermetrics or if it was really that good of a movie. Either way, I don't really car. I'd rank it 4.5/5

Trouble with the Curve
    Solid movie, but I found it a bit predictable. Have really enjoyed Eastwood in his latest roles. 3.5/5

The Hobbit
    It was a decent movie. I enjoy the LOTR movies much more, but will watch a Hobbit sequel if there is one. I'm a fan of fantasy, so I enjoyed that aspect 4/5

Shooter
    I was bored, and it was the first thing I saw on Netflix. It was enjoyable, but nothing to get excited over. 3/5
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    In no specific order...

This is 40
    While I enjoyed this movie, it lacked when compared to Knocked Up. I am a fan of Apatow movies, and I'm glad I took the time to watch it. I'd rank it 3.5/5

Moneyball
    I loved this movie. Not really sure if it's because I love baseball and sabermetrics or if it was really that good of a movie. Either way, I don't really car. I'd rank it 4.5/5

Trouble with the Curve
    Solid movie, but I found it a bit predictable. Have really enjoyed Eastwood in his latest roles. 3.5/5

The Hobbit
    It was a decent movie. I enjoy the LOTR movies much more, but will watch a Hobbit sequel if there is one. I'm a fan of fantasy, so I enjoyed that aspect 4/5

Shooter
    I was bored, and it was the first thing I saw on Netflix. It was enjoyable, but nothing to get excited over. 3/5
    As a fantasy GM, who loves wheeling and dealing, Moneyball was an excellent movie. Loved watching Pitt work the phones making those deals. I liked the 1st half alot; 2nd half = so so.

Trouble with the curve is on my shortlist.

Dobber Sports Expert

Adding some movies to the list I watched over xmas break:

Django Unchained - Great Film, probably Terrantinos best movie yet. Really good story, fun, though since its during slavery times, lots of N words thrown around. 9/10

Bourne Legacy - I was really skeptical about a continuation of the series. Loved this movie though, ended strangely but otherwise I liked it. 8/10

Lawless - Decent movie, wished Oldman had a bigger part, would watch it again. 7.5/10

The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Disney movie, about a couple who can't have children and they magically grow one in the garden. Good story, characters and was touching. I recommended it to my mom. lol 8/10

Total Recall (2012) - Well. I asked for The Amazing Spiderman for Christmas and my brother got me this movie instead. I asked him if he liked it and he said it was ok. Good buy brother good buy. It was as he said. Ok. nothing special, just your normal action movie with a three breasted woman thrown in there. I don't recommend it. 5/10
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Is Django Unchained the same as the rest of his movies. Ultra violent etc? I think the last movie of his I watched was Pulp Fiction. Zero interest in the other crap he puts out, but this one has me somewhat intrigued.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Is Django Unchained the same as the rest of his movies. Ultra violent etc? I think the last movie of his I watched was Pulp Fiction. Zero interest in the other crap he puts out, but this one has me somewhat intrigued.
    Yes very violent in parts but a la Kill Bill its almost comical violence. It's got the same feel as Inglorious Bastards (which I really enjoyed), and yet again Christoph Waltz steals the show. Its defintely not for the faint of heart though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cool, I appreciate the head's up. He seems to be a favorite of a lot of people but isn't my cup of tea. Maybe one night I'll take a chance on this one. I have not seen Inglorious Bastards/Kill Bill etc. Like I said, Pulp Fiction was the last one of his I had watched.

Dobber Sports Pro

This is 40....loved it. Smart. Funny. Brutally honest. Odd. One particular scene had me laughing so.hard tears came out of my eyes. 8/10

Jack Reacher.....good mystery/suspense/action flick. Very disturbing watching the opening scene, fresh off of Sandy Hook. 7.5/10

Cloud Atlas....holy shit. If you dont have a lot of patience dont bother. Very confusing at times but I liked it overall. I think this movie might be a little bit ahead of times....years from now wouldnt be surprised if it gets more buzz. 7/10 just because of the grand scale the movie encompasses, and some great scenes by the ensemble cast can carry the film even when the story isnt making much sense at the moment. Its a film you probably have to watch 2 or 3 times to make sense of things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I didn't know he did Ultra Violet?

Kill Bill - Great Films, a must watch for anyone who enjoys great story and cinematography

Inglorious Bastards - A Really good movie, he found a great cast for this.

Django - A first it feels like a homage to spaghetti westerns, but it is in no way that type of movie. It is really entertnaining from start to finish.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Genius

Time for a bump!

Summer is here. Hockey is in hibernation. What flicks have you been checking out lately, either in theatre or DVD or dare I say it, download....

For me lately, Fast and Furious 6 (meh), Iron Man 3 (meh), The Proposal, The Last Stand.....

On deck, 42, Promised Land and Life of Pi.

What should I be seeing?? Give me some must see movies to pass the time with. Any genre is good with me. Don't forget the chick flicks for my wife.

Thanks
    COD