Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Watched 13 hours Secret soldiers of Benghazi. I'd give a good 3/10.

One sentence to resume this : Fox News propaganda.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

Lastly, I started watching Only God Forgives with Ryan Gosling. I loooooved Drive even though it was different and had long awkward silences, but this Nicolas Winding Refn (same director as Drive) movie was so confusing and weird that I stopped it 30 minutes in. I guess I will give it another shot soon, but I just couldn't get into it. Did any of you see it and if so, did you enjoy it?
    For me, it was one of the longest short movies (think it was around 90 minutes) I've ever seen. I wasn't impressed - too many slow motion scenes, Gosling didn't do much IMO and it was just a drag.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    For me, it was one of the longest short movies (think it was around 90 minutes) I've ever seen. I wasn't impressed - too many slow motion scenes, Gosling didn't do much IMO and it was just a drag.
    Exactly!!! 30 minutes felt like I had watched all 90 minutes of it! I don't know if everything gets answered later on, but there were way too many cut-scenes where Gosling is in a certain area (i.e. strip club, hallway) and then he was not right after.

Pan's Labyrinth was weird too as a comparable ''unconventional movie'', but at least things made sense and the story was gripping. This one, not so much.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Exactly!!! 30 minutes felt like I had watched all 90 minutes of it! I don't know if everything gets answered later on, but there were way too many cut-scenes where Gosling is in a certain area (i.e. strip club, hallway) and then he was not right after.

Pan's Labyrinth was weird too as a comparable ''unconventional movie'', but at least things made sense and the story was gripping. This one, not so much.
    Interesting, I would've never thought on comparing it to Pan's Labyrinth. That is a brilliant film and one of my all-time favourites, as you can tell from my avatar.

Dobber Sports Giant

Interesting, I would've never thought on comparing it to Pan's Labyrinth. That is a brilliant film and one of my all-time favourites, as you can tell from my avatar.
    Hehe ya, what a great movie!! There's a couple of gems that are ''weird'' and typically misunderstood during the first viewing such as Pan's Labyrinth, Donnie Darko, Requiem for a Dream,... But it's the artistic nature of the movie that draws you back to it and has you wanting to fully grasp with the director intended on portraying. Like I said above though, I'm not really sure where Only God Forgives was going... I'll try to finish it tonight and give more feedback on it tomorrw
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Icon

Just saw the conversation on Bad Words... watched it awhile back. I had really high hopes but it didn't deliver overall. Decent enough movie and worth a watch but probably about a 6.5/10.

Went into the new Ghostbusters movie not expecting much. I'm not a fan of Kirsten Wiig or Melissa McCarthy in lead roles (although they are often hilarious in bit parts). But Kate McKinnon's character was a little off-putting at first but by the end of the movie became my favorite. Leslie Jones was hilarious. Overall the movie really surprised me. it was an unnecessary remake (should have been a sequel set in the same universe) but it did a good job and paid homage to the original quite well. I'd give it 7.5/10.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

+1 to this, Pan's Labyrinth is also up there on my all time list
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Million Dollar Arm - 7.5. good movie, but the book was better. It is always hard to get all the things from a book into a movie. I definitely recommend watching the movie, and you should read the book as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Independence Day 2 - Laughably bad. Yet enjoyable at the same time. This is Roland Emmerich(director/writer) at his absolute best, as in, this guys only capable of making cheesy hacky action movies with random humorous lines during serious moments, then random "emotional" moments during fun scenes, and thats all this is. Just an utter mess. His previous works contain brainless movies like Godzilla(2000), Day after Tomorrow, 10000BC, White House Down, The Patriot(his best movie imo, but still bad).
    I didnt realize going into the movie it was made by Roland Emmerich, then when the credits hit and his name came up first, I shouted, "OF COURse!!"
    Turn your brain off before hand and you'll find some enjoyment here, but damn...its hard to keep that thing off for 2 hours consecutively.
    4/10
    I keep running into people in real life who loved this movie....I dont kno how harshly to judge these people for that...gonna assume they just love anything sci-fi related and try not to assume they are living with the brain of a teenager.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Giant

I decided to explore what Netflix had to offer yesterday before I went to sleep (a TV in a bedroom is not the best idea if you require a decent amount of sleep ). I stumbled upon All Is Lost, starring Robert Redford. I had no feedback on the movie other than it was a story about someone lost at sea and that there was little-to-no dialogue in the movie (it's not a spoiler, don't worry). I quickly looked it up on Flixster prior to pressing play and was surprised to see that it had a 90% Rotten Tomatoes rating. Without ruining anything for someone who would want to watch it, I have to say that this movie was really well made and that less is more. It really felt like I was reading a book because the lack of dialogue has you fill in the void with your own words and feelings. As I said, I was pleasantly surprised and I have to say that it is a hidden gem IMO. 8.5/10

Minors:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Independence Day 2 - Laughably bad. Yet enjoyable at the same time. This is Roland Emmerich(director/writer) at his absolute best, as in, this guys only capable of making cheesy hacky action movies with random humorous lines during serious moments, then random "emotional" moments during fun scenes, and thats all this is. Just an utter mess. His previous works contain brainless movies like Godzilla(2000), Day after Tomorrow, 10000BC, White House Down, The Patriot(his best movie imo, but still bad).
    I didnt realize going into the movie it was made by Roland Emmerich, then when the credits hit and his name came up first, I shouted, "OF COURse!!"
    Turn your brain off before hand and you'll find some enjoyment here, but damn...its hard to keep that thing off for 2 hours consecutively.
    4/10
    I keep running into people in real life who loved this movie....I dont kno how harshly to judge these people for that...gonna assume they just love anything sci-fi related and try not to assume they are living with the brain of a teenager.
    I just watched ID2 today myself. It was alright, not great. If you saw the first one, you've seen the second one, minus Will Smith.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Suicide Squad - 7/10. Great premise, could have been executed a little better. Jumped around a lot for the first half and was a little hard to follow but settled down into a solid fun action movie for the second half. I wasn't a huge fan of Leto's Joker at first but I he grew on me as the movie went on. Margot Robbie stole the show as Harley Quinn but the bulk of her best scenes were shown in the previews. Still look forward to her own origin movie when it comes out though. Will Smith was fantastic as Deadshot and Viola Davis really showed her chops as Amanda Waller. The rest of the characters could have been fleshed out a little better but that's really tough to do with an ensemble this size.

All in all, the critics are being way to harsh. Don't let their reviews stop you from enjoying this movie. It's disappointing that they had a chance to make the next Deadpool and weren't quite able to, but it's still a solid movie on it's own.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw Batman vs Superman a couple of weeks back. I liked it a bit more than most, but it wasn't great. I think I had low expectations going in, so that that helped. I think I saw the ultimate edition. Three hours for a superhero movie? Way too long. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

I was bored today and watched the Owen Wilson action flick, No Escape. I won't lie, it was actually a pretty good action flick. I liked it!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anyone seen Jason Bourne yet.... is it worth going to in theatres?