Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Last 5 I remember watching:
    Thankskilling - Awful movie. Hilariously bad, but I have no idea why I purchased it, even for $5. I could have spent that $5 more responsibly haha

Live and Let Die - Great Bond movie, can't really disappoint

Death to Smoochy - One of my favorites so I cannot say negative thing about it

Trailer Park Boys 3 - A LOT better than "countdown to liquor day" I quite enjoyed it. Still too much Bubbles though

Latest X-men one - Still did not care for. The whole series has disappointed me. Even the "reboots" which I am sure they will re-reboot soon because money
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Pro

Last 5 I remember watching:
    Thankskilling - Awful movie. Hilariously bad, but I have no idea why I purchased it, even for $5. I could have spent that $5 more responsibly haha

Live and Let Die - Great Bond movie, can't really disappoint

Death to Smoochy - One of my favorites so I cannot say negative thing about it

Trailer Park Boys 3 - A LOT better than "countdown to liquor day" I quite enjoyed it. Still too much Bubbles though

Latest X-men one - Still did not care for. The whole series has disappointed me. Even the "reboots" which I am sure they will re-reboot soon because money
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Whoa there chief! Slow your roll a little.
    I'm standing by that. There is so very little that humanizes the German side of things (Das Boot does a good job) and this series was as hard hitting as it comes. Brilliant show.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Didn't plan on watching it when the trailer was out (cause I thought it looked stupid), but all my friends were raving about it so I gave it a shot.

It was pretty solid. The soundtrack is one of the better ones I've seen in a movie. This is definitely not your typical marvel movie... it's funny, doesn't take itself too seriously and the characters are interesting.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So, is it basically a Superhero version of Galaxy Quest?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm standing by that. There is so very little that humanizes the German side of things (Das Boot does a good job) and this series was as hard hitting as it comes. Brilliant show.
    I agree that it was fantastic bu to say "much better"? I was going to originally say 9.5/10 and 4 stars but since I have way of overrating things I enjoy, I backed down a notch. It's just that Band of Brothers is considered by most to be in the conversation of the greatest cinema ever made. Go no further than IMDB's user ratings. BoB is a 9.6. The only other show/movie that I could find rated as high is Breaking Bad.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10 - too hard to give many movies a perfect rating. This movie was funny, action packed and you gave a shit about the characters. Great movie.
    Starred up - 6.5/10 - British prison drama. Story of a kid on the wrong path ending up in the same prison wing as his father. Worth the watch if you like that kind of thing.
    Zulu - 6.5/10 - Crime drama with Orlando Bloom and Forest Whitaker. Better than I expected.
    I, Frankenstein - No Rating cus it sucked ass and I turned it off maybe 15 mins in.
    The Machine - 5/10 - A futuristic "robots are now in our world" type movie. Some terribly cheesy parts but it was surprisingly refreshing in some ways. If you like sci-fi I feel this one is worth the watch.
    Draft Day - 8/10 - LOVED this movie! Being a sports junkie makes me wanna see it behind the scenes... while there was some not-so-believable things that happened, I really enjoyed this. And I really don't like Kevin Costner.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Guardian's of the galaxy eh? Ok... I, like blayze had no interest in that movie as I too thought it looked stupid. but I've been convinced to put it on my list of try to views.

May catch some flack from this...esp from Glatt if he ever reads this... but THE GOON... I've never seen it ... not the whole thing atleast. How good is this movie? I'm a fan of Sean William Scott... and fully expected to watch it when it was just coming out...but I honestly lost track of the movie.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Has anyone watched Transcendance!?!? Really want to try it but keep finding something else to watch...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

May catch some flack from this...esp from Glatt if he ever reads this... but THE GOON... I've never seen it ... not the whole thing atleast. How good is this movie? I'm a fan of Sean William Scott... and fully expected to watch it when it was just coming out...but I honestly lost track of the movie.

Thoughts?
    The Goon is ok, not the type of thing you watch again but decent. Put it this way, it's worth watching but if you werent a hockey fan you wouldn't enjoy it near as much

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Watched Dallas Buyer's Club last night. 6/10. Hated the mixed messages it was sending to people (yes you need to control your own health the decisions, but the 'big pharma/doctors are evil crap is so damaging to making real progress in these areas), but overall I thought the film was interesting.
    Just finished it. Good, but nothing ground breaking. Kept my attention. Leto was good as was Matthew. 7.5/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Has anyone watched Transcendance!?!? Really want to try it but keep finding something else to watch...
    Yes, I enjoyed it, though it was nothing spectacular. The idea itself is both terrifying and incredible at the same time.

Watched Last of the Mohicans again tonight. It had been 20 years since I last watched it and I still quite enjoyed it.

Dobber Sports Ace

I saw the Fisher King for the first time last week, great move with Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    I saw the Fisher King for the first time last week, great move with Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges
    oh man, I completely agree. I love that movie. Since his unfortunate passing, I am going to rewatch some of my favorite movies with him. The Fisher King, Patch Adams, Dead Poets Society.

Watched Iron Man 3 again, 7/10. I liked the movie for the most part, some of the stuff with the kid is annoying. What I liked about it, besides Paltrow abs, was the fact that they took Tony out of the suit and showed how his "superhero power" isn't necessarily related to the Iron Man suit and that it is his genius and creativity that makes him super. I think it was a really cool way to present the character after two Iron Man action packed films.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Banned

Watched 2 movies this weekend

Bad Grandpa & Transcendence

First Bad Grandpa

Always LOVED everything Jackass, but never had desire to watch this. Had zero expectations, and watched it with 12 year old nephew. Actually quite enjoyed it. Sure it is stupid, but it definitely had some funny moments!

Secondly Transcendence. Quite enjoyed this film. Loved the theme, and the concept. I think it is interesting, and I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like this was able to happen in a few hundred years. I would recommend it if you needed a good flick.

I probably rate it a 7 out of 10