Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1096

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

  1. #331
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I couldn't even finish the trailer. Looked absolutely atrocious. So sick and tired of superhero movies though, so that's just my issue. Won't be watching Superman vs Batman, Thor 9, The League of American Superhero Avengers, or whatever else they keep bringing out every summer. It's just a painful stream of the same movie with different tights over and over. I never even watched the last Batman movie.
    Agreed. Those types of movies have never been my type of thing. I just don't really see the appeal, but some people live for them.

  2. #332
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Agreed. Those types of movies have never been my type of thing. I just don't really see the appeal, but some people live for them.
    For sure. Not saying people are not allowed to enjoy them, but just that I am so tired of them. I am probably missing out on a good movie here and there because of that stance, but I am almost 100% sure that the new Guardians movie is one I will hate when I can't even make it through the trailer without thinking it's dumb.

  3. #333
    Dakkster's Avatar
    Dakkster is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,669
    Location
    Halmstad, Sweden
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I couldn't even finish the trailer. Looked absolutely atrocious. So sick and tired of superhero movies though, so that's just my issue. Won't be watching Superman vs Batman, Thor 9, The League of American Superhero Avengers, or whatever else they keep bringing out every summer. It's just a painful stream of the same movie with different tights over and over. I never even watched the last Batman movie.
    Nope, not this one. This one is very meta and jokes a lot about super hero movie things. In general it's much more lighthearted than most super hero movies.

    To just dismiss Guardians of the Galaxy as "same old, same old" is just plain wrong and you will be missing out. It's not overly dramatic. It's funny. It's damn funny. And beautiful too. The entire movie audience laughed out loud together more times than I could count.

    I saw a great review comment about it: "It's like watching a Star Wars where everyone is Han Solo"
    GO WINGS!

  4. #334
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe it'll be a late late Friday night watch in a few years on Netflix for me.

  5. #335
    Dakkster's Avatar
    Dakkster is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,669
    Location
    Halmstad, Sweden
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe it'll be a late late Friday night watch in a few years on Netflix for me.
    I hope you catch it some time. I really laughed a whole lot and it was because it has a lot of smart jokes. I just wanted to point out that it is not at all like all the other super hero movies. That's a big reason why I liked it so much.
    GO WINGS!

  6. #336
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Watched it last week. I enjoyed it.

    In terms of actors, DDL is on the short list of best actors IMO. He was fantastic in There Will be Blood. Granted, I don't watch that many movies so I don't have real strong opinions.
    Thanks DDN. Really liked the movie. Had a hint of Casino and Good Fellas... 2 of my top 5 movies of all time.
    Team:
    2x[B]C - Tavares, Matthews, Malkin, Toews, D. Strome
    2xL - Hall, Landeskog,, Tkachuk, Killorn, Palat,
    2xR - Kucherov, Wheeler (RW/C), Marner (RW),Kapanen,
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Letang, Giordano, Green
    2xG - Andersen, Jones, Rinne, Dell, Sparks
    2x[B]Util - x2
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

    Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

    Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

    Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1
    Shutout 10

  7. #337
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Wow, Gangs of New York I wasn't even using my head haha I've seen that too. I'll download Last of the Mohica's.

    Totally agree on Margin Call too. Watched it a few months ago, very good movie!
    Last of the Mohicans is probably my favourite movie of all time. Amazing acting, stunning cinematography and a fantastic soundtrack. There are some seriously badass scenes in the movie and it really has no weakness in my opinion.

    Another Daniel Day Lewis classic is "In the Name of the Father", great movie. And of course "My Left Foot" which he won an oscar for.
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

    If you are asking for advice and you don't provide ALL the relevant info you will not get quality responses and many forum members won't respond at all.

    Include all the details, e.g.; League and roster size, league type (H2H, Roto, Pts only), scoring set-up, daily/weekly starts, how many start at each position, max gp, your roster etc etc.

  8. #338
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Last of the Mohicans is probably my favourite movie of all time. Amazing acting, stunning cinematography and a fantastic soundtrack. There are some seriously badass scenes in the movie and it really has no weakness in my opinion.

    Another Daniel Day Lewis classic is "In the Name of the Father", great movie. And of course "My Left Foot" which he won an oscar for.
    Added to the list! Thank you sir! I will report back ASAP with these titles

  9. #339
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Watched Dallas Buyer's Club last night. 6/10. Hated the mixed messages it was sending to people (yes you need to control your own health the decisions, but the 'big pharma/doctors are evil crap is so damaging to making real progress in these areas), but overall I thought the film was interesting.

  10. #340
    Gaborlick's Avatar
    Gaborlick is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,239
    Location
    Berkley, MI
    Rep Power
    28

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I hope you catch it some time. I really laughed a whole lot and it was because it has a lot of smart jokes. I just wanted to point out that it is not at all like all the other super hero movies. That's a big reason why I liked it so much.
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10

    I am with Dakkster on this movie. It was a super hero movie yes, but it was also quite the sci-fi movie and seriously, and I mean seriously funny. My buddy and I were laughing the entire movie.

    I saw previews for it and really didn't think it would be that good. I am not familiar with the characters or any of the GOTG comic history. I can say now that I am a fan of it. Want to see it again.
    10 Keepers

    10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

  11. #341
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10

    I am with Dakkster on this movie. It was a super hero movie yes, but it was also quite the sci-fi movie and seriously, and I mean seriously funny. My buddy and I were laughing the entire movie.

    I saw previews for it and really didn't think it would be that good. I am not familiar with the characters or any of the GOTG comic history. I can say now that I am a fan of it. Want to see it again.
    Well there is still zero chance I see this movie in theatre (my city only has 1 cinema anyways, and it shows 1 movie a week and only for 1 week. So you either watch it then or wait until it comes out - or go to another city to watch it. Oh and it also smeklls like urine and the popcorn tastes like cardboard. All in all not a pleasant experience, so I'd have to REALLY want to see a movie to see it in theatre), but I'll bump it up my 'to watch' list. I'm still really skeptical.

  12. #342
    Gaborlick's Avatar
    Gaborlick is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,239
    Location
    Berkley, MI
    Rep Power
    28

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Well there is still zero chance I see this movie in theatre (my city only has 1 cinema anyways, and it shows 1 movie a week and only for 1 week. So you either watch it then or wait until it comes out - or go to another city to watch it. Oh and it also smeklls like urine and the popcorn tastes like cardboard. All in all not a pleasant experience, so I'd have to REALLY want to see a movie to see it in theatre), but I'll bump it up my 'to watch' list. I'm still really skeptical.
    yea well, that sucks living in such a town. I understand the skepticism, but you have to just give it a shot.
    10 Keepers

    10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

  13. #343
    Savvy1982's Avatar
    Savvy1982 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,880
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Rep Power
    42

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Nope, not this one. This one is very meta and jokes a lot about super hero movie things. In general it's much more lighthearted than most super hero movies.

    To just dismiss Guardians of the Galaxy as "same old, same old" is just plain wrong and you will be missing out. It's not overly dramatic. It's funny. It's damn funny. And beautiful too. The entire movie audience laughed out loud together more times than I could count.

    I saw a great review comment about it: "It's like watching a Star Wars where everyone is Han Solo"
    I'm going to see it tonight - Really excited to hear you enjoyed it.

    I normally LOATHE superhero movies, but I really enjoyed reading Guardians of the Galaxy way-back, so I'm pumped for this one.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

    Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

    3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

    Forwards: Backstrom, Beauvillier, Benn, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Hudon, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Spooner, Suomela, Tarasenko,

    Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Honka, Krug, Matheson, Shattenkirk

    Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Reimer



    2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

  14. #344
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I liked the movie, but didn't like the ending and the final photo. Big let down at the finale.

    Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

    12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

    League champ in 2013, 2015 and 2018.

    Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

    We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

    Forwards: Kopitar, Voracek, E. Staal, Marchessault, Granlund, Couturier, Guentzel, Pettersson, Dadonov, Glass, Dube, Necas, Andersson, Ho-Sang
    Defence: Gostisbehere, Suter, Boqvist, Krug, Ekman-Larsson
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Rinne, Crawford, Rask


  15. #345
    Dakkster's Avatar
    Dakkster is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,669
    Location
    Halmstad, Sweden
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

    Rewatched LA Confidential and holy crap, that's still a phenomenal movie in almost every way. Everyone is so damn good in it!

    Also watched Twister for the first time. Meh. Pretty ridiculous and very predictable but still entertaining at times. Helen Hunt at her most beautiful helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •