Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

I have been wanting to watch The Raid for a while now. I like a good fight scene from time to time.

I watched The Wolverine last weekend. Tought it was alright.

Dobber Sports Star

I have been wanting to watch The Raid for a while now. I like a good fight scene from time to time.

I watched The Wolverine last weekend. Tought it was alright.

I just watched Nebraska, and absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it. Bruce Dern was amazing. The writing was great...I effin can't stand movies that feel compelled to over explain shit. Just gimme dialogue w/purpose. The ending was fabulous too....realistic, not overstated. Just a great film.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finally watched 8 Mile. What a piece of crap movie. The final battles were not even that interesting.

Tried to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's, but made it only about 20 minutes into it and shut if off in boredom.

Two big misses this week.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just watched Gasland Part 2. If you watched the first one, this one is more of the same, only more depressing.
    GO WINGS!

Oh fug...almost forgot..Winter's Bone.

THAT is effin amazing. NOT a happy movie nor ending by any means, But...watch it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Just watched Gasland Part 2. If you watched the first one, this one is more of the same, only more depressing.
    The first Gasland movie was not a very well thought out piece of work. I live up near fracking territory, and while there is a lot not to like about the industry, the Gasland movie was typical sensationilism in movie form. The lighting of the tap water on fire was hilariously bad in how they tried to connect it to fracking. I'm a big fan of making people aware of the dangers inherent in activities such as fracking, but watching a show like that with a skeptical eye left a lot to be desired.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The first Gasland movie was not a very well thought out piece of work. I live up near fracking territory, and while there is a lot not to like about the industry, the Gasland movie was typical sensationilism in movie form. The lighting of the tap water on fire was hilariously bad in how they tried to connect it to fracking. I'm a big fan of making people aware of the dangers inherent in activities such as fracking, but watching a show like that with a skeptical eye left a lot to be desired.
    Yeah, the filmmaker is like a morose Michael Moore, trying to go for the emotional payoff all the time.

I think there's a lot of shady stuff that needs to get transparent about fracking (it being exempt from the clean water act in the US, not having to disclose chemicals, etc), but at the same time this can be a bit over the top. But I guess this guy just hopes to get people to care about the issue and ask questions, which is warranted.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, it's unfortunate that because of the way we as people are wired, creating an emotionally charged piece that is not 100% factual is still a better option than a boring but factual piece.

Dobber Sports Sage

Watched Wolf of Wallstreet last night. Great movie. Not especially moving but interesting and entertaining.

DiCaprio is so brilliant. Name a better actor.

9/10
    3.5 stars
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Daniel Day Lewis .... But I agree DiCaprio is a great actor.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Finally watched 8 Mile. What a piece of crap movie. The final battles were not even that interesting.

Tried to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's, but made it only about 20 minutes into it and shut if off in boredom.

Two big misses this week.
    Wha!!!???? You didn't like the final battles? Oh man. This one is a guilty pleasure of mine. Loved Cheddar Bob! Lol.

Dobber Sports Stud

Saw 22 Jump Street last weekend. I was CRYING laughing. If you liked 21 Jump Street, this one is leaps and bounds better. Not your typical comedy sequel.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Watched Wolf of Wallstreet last night. Great movie. Not especially moving but interesting and entertaining.

9/10
    3.5 stars
    All of the actors are better. Argh! Can't stand DiCaprio. But the actors I dislike worse...Drew Barrymore and anytime Beyoncé decides to pretend to act.

I suspect I'm in a minority here. Lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    All of the actors are better. Argh! Can't stand DiCaprio. But the actors I dislike worse...Drew Barrymore and anytime Beyoncé decides to pretend to act.

I suspect I'm in a minority here. Lol
    Yes and no. I'm 100% with you on Drew Barrymore. I just. Don't. GET IT! She's the absolute worst.

The only movie I can think of with Beyonce is Goldmember...

Love DiCaprio though. Quality actor.