Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Cold Pursuit

Liam's Neeson stars in this flick. I wasn't sure what to think but I gambled. I liked it a lot. It had a Tarantino feel to it. Some funny parts but a serious flick too.

Another one I'll recommend!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I watched "Upgrade" the other day, and it was surprisingly well done. I didn't know anything about the movie, and admittedly it started a bit slow, but once it got going, I really enjoyed it. It had some unique fighting scenes, and the ending had a surprising twist that I appreciated.

Another movie I watched a while back that I thought was pretty decent was "Polar" on Netflix. Again, I didn't know what to expect, but it was pretty good for a low budget, low profile film.

I think both movies are worth checking out. I wouldn't give either of them a super high score, but a solid 7/10 for sure, partially for the unexpected entertainment value. Neither of these movies had high-end production value, but were nonetheless entertaining and well done.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

The Upside

Cranston and Hart are excellent in this flick. Tons of laughs.

Excellent

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Watched End Game a couple of weeks ago. It was solid, nice way to end the phase.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Rocketman.

Watched it last night. The life of Elton John shown in a different way from Freddie Mercury's, but just as excellent.

Dobber Sports Star

Saw Rocketman last night. It was not what I expected. I knew it would be heavily musical, but I didn’t realize that the movie was itself a musical. It was really good, and if you like the music of Elton John, you will like this movie. Taron Egerton nails it as Elton John and performs all of the singing as well. Expect Oscar consideration for him in awards season.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched Jurassic Park in preparation for tonight's raps game?

Also, I binge watched season 5 of black mirror, and it seemed more of a movie than 3 episodes. Not that they blend together, but it's not like I need a break between each Black Mirror episode like in previous seasons.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Cold Pursuit

Liam's Neeson stars in this flick. I wasn't sure what to think but I gambled. I liked it a lot. It had a Tarantino feel to it. Some funny parts but a serious flick too.

Another one I'll recommend!
    I watched this on the weekend, based on your recommendation. Typical Neeson movie in which he seeks vengeance against the bad guys (note to all bad guys, if you are going to kill/kidnap someone, find out if they are related to Liam Neeson first).

As predictable as the movie was, what raised it up a notch from the usual vengeance flick were the comedic elements you mention. Also, Neeson isn't his normal character in this film, in the sense that he isn't some sort of trained killer but more just a regular guy who kinda fumbles through the killings.

Anyway, if you want a movie with a simple plot and some comedic elements, this one's for you.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

Saw Aladdin yesterday. Wasn't as bad as some reviews made it out to be and I thought Will Smith did alright filling in Robin Williams shoes. The girl that plays Princess Jasmine is super hot. 8.0/10
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

The Mule - 6/10 A bit dorky of a movie.

The Upside - 7/10 pretty decent. A good couples movie.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Upside

Cranston and Hart are excellent in this flick. Tons of laughs.

Excellent
    Have you seen the original movie The Upside carbon copied? It's called The Intouchables. While I don't want to take anything away from the Hollywood remake (or Bryan Cranston - big fan), whether or not you are sick of the cookie-cut Kevin Hart movies (stand-up aside), I'd recommend the original for sure (warning: it is in French with English subtitles). It's made with a lot more heart and feels much more original and honest and the acting, directing, pace and soundtrack are all top notch.

That said... Rocketman might be my must see movie of the summer. 10/10. Taron Egerton (Eddie the Eagle, Kingsman) and Dexter Fletcher (director) knock it out of the park.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Have you seen the original movie The Upside carbon copied? It's called The Intouchables. While I don't want to take anything away from the Hollywood remake (or Bryan Cranston - big fan), whether or not you are sick of the cookie-cut Kevin Hart movies (stand-up aside), I'd recommend the original for sure (warning: it is in French with English subtitles). It's made with a lot more heart and feels much more original and honest and the acting, directing, pace and soundtrack are all top notch.

That said... Rocketman might be my must see movie of the summer. 10/10. Taron Egerton (Eddie the Eagle, Kingsman) and Dexter Fletcher (director) knock it out of the park.
    Haven't seen the original but yeah, it is supposed to be a more accurate account of story. This happened in France and his caretaker was from Algeria.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I liked Upgrade!

• Captive State - Invasion Scifi with bit of a different plot. 7/10
    • Captain Marvel - miscast lead actor otherwise has to be seen if you want the whole story. NA/10
    • Fyre Fraud - Fyre Fest doc, go millenials! 6/10
    • The Boy Band Con: The Lou Pearlman Story - doc about how boybands were handled by big business, and one manager in particular. 7/10
    • High Life - wierd cult flick feeling trapped in space story, will need a couple of watches to fully understand. 8.5/10

Dobber Sports Deity

I just watched Brightburn. An interesting flick for sure. I'd give it a 6.5/10. A bit far fetched but it is what it is. It doesn't explain a lot and there's a lot of holes in the story as a whole.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post

Les Intouchables (the french title) was fantastic. Loved that movie even if it was so hyped to me. As a French-Canadian, who've seen the original, I just can't bring myself to see the remake even if I like Cranston (who doesn't) and am partial to Hart.

But yeah, if you have the chance to watch the original, go for it.