Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Watched Jackass Forever. Jackass has been a guilty pleasure of mine over the years. Knoxville is crazy. They have definitely lost some of the creativity and it is just not like it was 10 years ago. Also, every time they pass something off as catching someone unaware, I am skeptical that it is scripted. There was a few bright spots, but for sure the weakest of all the Jackass movies.

4 out of 10 for me.

Rylant
    They have some new guys/girl but I still don’t know how they keep this up. Must take a year to recover from some of those “stunts”.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

White Hot. Netflix doc on Abercrombie and Finch. I never wore it growing up, but I knew of it. The girls in my highschool and the rich jocks wore the iconic T-shirts, but that was as far as my teenage life with them went. My GF now though wore them a bit, but gets their jeans now after their rebrand.

It was kinda interesting, but the best part of it was the nostalgic feel of it and I think my GF got more out of it. Didn't realize how bad of a company A&F was prior to being fully called out and social media getting the news to the customers. There was protests on News stations while they were big in the 2000s but their customers weren't watching the news.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Preparing for a summer trip, I've watched some movies relating to the area we are going to.

First off I watched Close encounters of the third kind. Wow was it boring. Rave reviews on IMDB makes me believe it must have been stunning when it came out and many have fond memories of it from then. Never watched it before, and it seriously is a bad movie.

Secondly watched the National Treasure movies. Highly enjoyable despite many plot holes.

Next up are Dances with Wolves & Deadwood The Movie.

Yes, they are all old movies

Dobber Sports Titan

Dr Strange 2:
    8/10. It was good. A super hero horror movie with a lot of Sam Raimi 1980s horror in it. It was well done for what was given to them (a very convoluted storyline). The movie was like a sprint the whole time, it was 2hrs and was a run the whole way with like 2 scenes where it slowed down a bit but with the Raimi horror elements it still had my heart racing. Elizabeth Olsen is such a good actress. First few scenes I saw some dicey CGI and with the amount of CGI companies being crazy backed up, I feel like this is where maybe Dr Strange 2 felt like they could take a loss and not effect the movie. I think it's def worth the price of the movie.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post

Next up are Dances with Wolves & Deadwood The Movie.
    Oooh forgot about Dances with Wolves. Might have to rewatch that one. Let us know if it doesnt stand up.

Dobber Sports Master

Watched Morbius with my teenager last night. I gave him a heads up that it might suck cause it got real bad reviews. I knew I was going to watch it anyway. Morbius is my 2nd fav character within the spider man story, after Spider man of course. Going in I knew I could accept a lot of bullshit to see his story being told. The boy hated it and gave it a 4. Im giving it a 6. They were fairly true to the comic book version I read 40-45 years ago. I thought they had drifted too far off the path to make it back, but in the end, the bones of the story were intact. I dont really like Leto and/or his acting in general, but he was a fairly good pick. I think the original story is a lot darker than what was portrayed in the movie. If they really wanted to do it justice it had to be a R rating. I do understand the business decision to make it PG-13, but I wish they could just tell the story without the financials getting in the way. Thats show business tho.

Dobber Sports Monster

Candy on Hulu is pretty good. The wife and I are watching that. Its a 5 part min-series of a true story.

Dobber Sports Immortal

We watched Senior Year the other night. Oh my lord it was terrible. Normally those movies have a few funny moments at the beginning to draw you in, but this was just so flat. We didn't finish it.

For the record it was my wife's pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Can't think of 5 movies to rate atm but here are a couple I saw in the last month on Netflix:

Angel has fallen - 2/10. What a stupid, formulaic movie with a predictable and unimaginative plot. Why did I waste my time with it? I'm giving it 2 for the action, just for the effort, not that it's all that gripping.

1917 - 8/10. An excellent WW1 movie. Unique. Keeps you engaged throughout.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Can't say enough nice things about it. Really wished I got out to see in in theaters. I knew very little about it going in and would recommend going in blind to anyone who thinks they may like it. It stars Michelle Yeoh and it's quite bizarre.

Dobber Sports Initiate

In light of the recent mass shooting at a school, may i highly recommend you and your teenage children watch the movie "Bang Bang You're Dead" with Ben Foster.
    Bit older movie, but it's a must watch in my opinion.

Not sure where you can find it on a streaming app these days, as i have it on dvd.

But find a way to watch this with your kids.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Oooh forgot about Dances with Wolves. Might have to rewatch that one. Let us know if it doesnt stand up.
    I watched Dances with Smurfs the other night with my daughter - she liked it.

Called Avatar by everybody else.....

Dobber Sports Master

I watched Belfast last night with the missus last night. Man..... what a good movie. I highly recommend it. Everything about the movie was great. The musical choices were genius. I thought about that movie for a while afterwards last night. A simple story told elegantly.

Administrator

Tried a couple of Netflix films in The Grey Man and Red Notice. These movies feel like they should be good. Good concept, source material and actors. But holy hell. Whatever is missing it's missing big time. Just garbage films. And not even entertaining in that campy way the a Segal or Van Damme flick was. These were so bad I'm shocked they weren't Nick Cage movies.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

The Grey Man was interesting. The first book in the series was awesome, but they made some changes to the movie that had nothing to do with the book, and actually means further books won't be able to be made into movies without making even more changes. They changed the backstory, and added characters that were never in the books. They also changed a lot of details about the Grey Man himself.

So quite a bit of the first book did make it into the movie, but enough changed that it wasn't close as good as the book.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid