Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    You Cannot Kill David Arquette

For anyone who was a wrestling fan 20 years ago, it’s a really interesting watch. I had no idea that he made a return to wrestling recently in which he took things very seriously.

It’s not the most well done “documentary” I’ve ever seen and there’s a few parts that felt forced or a little scripted. But overall it was fun to watch and I found myself rooting for him at the end.

7/10
    What channel did you find this on?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What channel did you find this on?
    It’s on Netflix

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    It’s on Netflix
    Right on. I'll have to check it out. My wraslin' days were more in the 80s to early 90s but I'll probably still enjoy this.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished watching the College Bribery scandal documovie on Netflix. Really interesting stuff.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watched Seaspiracy on Netflix - fascinating documentary.

Now watching The One - decent mindless television.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Watched Seaspiracy on Netflix - fascinating documentary.

Now watching The One - decent mindless television.
    I just finished The One. I liked it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Without Remorse on Prime this afternoon. Good movie for a Tom Clancy flick. Predictable but still a decent time killer. 7.5/10

Dobber Sports Initiate

Making my way through some new ones and some older ones I have never seen (along with some date movie watches):

Stars:
    The Sting 4/5
    Broadcast News 5/5
    Boyz in the Hood 4.5/5
    Leap Year 2/5
    Den of Thieves 3.5/5 (this had some plot issues and realism issues but the most fun I have had watching a movie in awhile)
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh also watched American Animals, about a rare book heist. really interesting mix of narrative and documentary that uses unreliable narration from both the actors and the real life perpetrators to tell the story
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished watching Just Mercy with Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx. True story and an amazing one at that. It's scary how many innocent people are incarcerated and unable to get a fair shake. I remember watching The Innocence Files on Netflix about The Innocence Project and just shaking my head. This movie is just another example of that.

I also watched Sound of Metal on HBO the other day. Another excellent movie. Highly recommended.

Dobber Sports Genius

Sound of Metal. Great movie. Shows how quickly life can change. 4.5/5
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Orbiter 9 on Netflix last night. Spanish Sci-Fi flick with English subtitles but a pretty good movie even though it's not rated highly. 8/10.

Plot: A woman who's been alone on a spaceship her whole life becomes enamoured with an engineer, who suddenly enters her life and upends her entire universe.

Dobber Sports Sage

Recently watched 1917.

Meh- I expected more. 3/5

I wouldn't argue with someone who said 2.5/5.

And I have always liked war movies especially WWI and II movies.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched Black Widow and Space Jam 2 over the last couple of nights online.

Black Widow - 6.5/10. The biggest issue is the plot writing is terrible. They introduce emotional ties to stuff of the past, but never go into it. It's like "this man murdered my dad" and that's it. There's no depth to the past history to develop present issues. Then the whole notion that you know Black Widow survives this movie because there's other movies with her in it based on the future. What was good was Florence Pugh (Black Widows sister). She was good in this, but again...the writing held it back. I can't even say that it's a "Brain off action movie" because they almost tried to write it like a female Bourne spy flick, but there's nothing spy about it when the bad guy is walking the streets in like hockey equipment and a skull mask. Task Master was also butchered in my opinion.

Don't pay to watch it. Not worth it

Space Jam 2 - 7/10. I want to say this was better than Black Widow by more than 0.5pts, but I can't give SJ2 more than a 7. It was fun, I enjoyed everything up until the real game. I thought there could have been more focus on the "Goon Squad" or even the other players but I think either COVID or playoffs really hampered that. So we're stuck with CGI versions of the guys for much longer than the players themselves. I enjoyed everything that was in 2D, but Buggs Bunny voice being different and Zendaya being Lola Bunny really through me off the whole time. I wish they got some better side characters for this. Like a comedic actor to be beside LeBron to hold his hand through things would have helped a lot. There's scenes where I see LeBron looking like he's having fun and doing a good job acting, then him looking like a highschool drama student (which is expected). Plot seemed rushed at the end.

I'd say watch it if you enjoy Space Jam 1. If you didn't don't waste your time.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I watched Black Widow and Space Jam 2 over the last couple of nights online.

Black Widow - 6.5/10. The biggest issue is the plot writing is terrible. They introduce emotional ties to stuff of the past, but never go into it. It's like "this man murdered my dad" and that's it. There's no depth to the past history to develop present issues. Then the whole notion that you know Black Widow survives this movie because there's other movies with her in it based on the future. What was good was Florence Pugh (Black Widows sister). She was good in this, but again...the writing held it back. I can't even say that it's a "Brain off action movie" because they almost tried to write it like a female Bourne spy flick, but there's nothing spy about it when the bad guy is walking the streets in like hockey equipment and a skull mask. Task Master was also butchered in my opinion.

Don't pay to watch it. Not worth it
    me.
    Agree with everything. Did not like it and definitely didn't think it was even close to being necessary. Waaaaaaaaaay too much choreography with fight scenes falling from the sky for a super hero with no discernable powers. Way too unrealistic for me.