Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Just watched 13 Lives on Prime. It's about the rescue of the Thai soccer team from the cave that flooded. Unbelievable movie and one I can't recommend enough. It's one thing to know the story until you watch the whole story and how they actually rescued those boys.

I love movies based off real events but this one was one of the best. Real life heroes you've never heard of.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Grey Man was like a 4/10. Had me engaged early on, but I found myself playing sudoku more than watching the movie by the end...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just watched 13 Lives on Prime. It's about the rescue of the Thai soccer team from the cave that flooded. Unbelievable movie and one I can't recommend enough. It's one thing to know the story until you watch the whole story and how they actually rescued those boys.

I love movies based off real events but this one was one of the best. Real life heroes you've never heard of.
    Loved this movie. Also glad they left Elon Musk out of it lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Half way through Grey Man - decent popcorn flick.

Really enjoyed Black Phone with Ethan Hawke. Satisfying ending. Bit of a slow burn for first 45 minutes. 8.5/10

Prey. Good action flick. Slow first 45 minutes, then it pops with kills galore. Some cool kills by this Predator. Female lead was very solid in this. 8/10

I watched this one ~ a month ago. Korean film with subs. It was dark, gory but excellent. Fantastic ending. Some twists and turns in this one. Clever game of cat and mouse. Not for kids! Two and a quarter hours long. 9/10

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Moonfall on Prime today. It was a newer version of Armageddon to some extent. It was alright but definitely a Hollywood style film as far as realism goes LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched The Lost City this afternoon with the wife. She's been wanting to see it for a while. She enjoyed it. I got through it. It had a couple chuckles in it but nothing too exciting.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watched The Lost City this afternoon with the wife. She's been wanting to see it for a while. She enjoyed it. I got through it. It had a couple chuckles in it but nothing too exciting.
    Agree, good actors, but I give a 5/10
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Immortal

We watched Me Time, the new Kevin Hart one. It was as expected...some laughs...heartwarming story. I will say it was a lot better than the Man from Toronto.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished watching Top Gun Maverick. It was predictable but I enjoyed it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Highly recommend the Netflix documentary on Nolan Ryan called Facing Nolan. Like his career, simply magical. I still remember watching his 7th no hitter against the Jays. Awesome.

Dobber Sports Sage

Remember Remember the 5th of November
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Finally watched Maverick. Solid movie and nails the "member-berries". There's nothing wrong with doing call backs, but some movies do it wrongly (The New Harry Potter stuff), and this one does it perfectly. Every callback is done organically besides a couple of things which was still fine.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watched Falling for Christmas starring Lindsay Lohan... it's exactly what you'd expect.

Won't win any Oscars but I love these mindless Christmas movies to get me in the holiday mood...

The Great One

It was funny with black phone i thought the phone aspect sounded neat when a friend explained it (and that he didn't like it) and yea I don't know if it was the delivery but that aspect of it felt forced/boring to me. I watch a lot of creepy real life paranormal stuff (if thats even a thing lol) on YouTube and although its never explicitly stated o think this is based on a real phone. I think that collector/exorcist with all the haunted dolls and shit literally had it.

More Importantly...

Thoughts on the new batman?? Im finding myself having a tough time getting excited about it. A critic came out and said it went from "passable to is this better than Noland trilogy ?" for him. After reading that I forced myself to watch it and yea I tried to give it a chance but I turned it off halfway through. I keep saying ill finish it but well see. The gritty dark angle is fun but I just don't feel like the movie as a whole is necessary?? I also feel like its a continuation of the show Gorham in a lot of ways lol! In the way they treat alfred and the way hes relatively low fi and leans on his detectives intuition. I watched Gotham and was a fan because I had zero expectations for it and it ended up being a fun ride- but its definitely more of a guilty pleasure and not something I felt needed a big screen representation.

I recently watched dark knight again with my parents cause they hadn't seen it. We did about half an hour of yourube videos about how heath ledger got prepared for the role beforehand and it was great to see the reactions. My mom found his portrayal horrifying but she couldn't look away. By the time the scene came on where he was fleeing the police station with his head out the car window laughing maniacally she finally caved and was like "yep hes watchable- I can't look away when he's on screen". My dad kept bringing up Nicholson joker I think cause he tends to be more traditional but I could tell he was impressed behind the exterior. It doesn't feel like much of a debate anymore. They can both occupy the space of greatness within the same character. It helps that they play him so so differently.

Has anyone seen creed 3?? The trailer gives me chills! I know i just said my beef with batman was I didn't feel it was needed and although that might apply here I think spinning the camera firmly back on Adonis and his Backstrom was a wise choice after the detour with Dolf and his son lol! Jonathon majors co tiniest to be an absolute revelatiin- his transformation from the geeky super genius threat of Kang to hulking behemoth publish came out of nowhere for me and was damned impressive. He is so intimately watchable- great villain- hard not to cheer for!!

Fifth one? I'm gonna talk about the HotD finale- technically not a movie but a spectacle worthy of the box office if ever there was one. Even though the pacing was fine even fast for the first season it feels like it took a long time just to get to the start of the dance in some ways lol! Timately there's just not enough source material to go down the same paths they did with the original but they're attention to detail and commitment to excellence from the showrunners has been a breath of fresh air. Its almost sad to think what they could have done with the first series if the two daves passed the baton once they were burned out. I look forward to season two and they could not have done a better job of setting up for Rhaenyra to face shat up lol! Apparently that seen where she just looks at the camera with pure rage with an improvised one at the behest of Dr. Who there whatever his name is Matt whatever. He seems like a very intuitive actor and the fact they give him an added voice on the show is to its credit and towards a better product. Without spoilers team green deserves everything they're getting next season!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

The Batman - I really liked it. They finally made Batman "the worlds greatest detective". A trait that they have never touched on. I liked how it was done, however it was 30minutes too long. I'm sure they could have found a way to cut 30min and it would have brought peoples final thoughts more in line to what the movie is. I thought the acting was superb all over.

They do have it lined up for more movies down the line (The Batman 2 is not expected to release until at least 2025), and I gotta say...I'm excited for it. I like the more "adult" versions of these characters (The Joker, and Joker:Foile a Deux) and I found the Christian Bale version of Batman was for teenagers/early 20s. Will I tell people they need to watch The Batman? No, because I don't think a movie that's 3hrs long should be a thing. 2.5hrs MAX.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll