Page 74 of 105 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Finally watched a Norwegian film that I'd known about for a few years. I have a thing for Norway, visited many time and even lived in Oslo for two years thanks to my job. The movie was called The Wave (Bølgen) and it's Norway's first disaster film! It's set in a town called Geiranger in a beautiful fjord. The scenery is absolutely stunning, but I'm probably biased. The film is in Norwegian with English subtitles. While it's not a big budget Hollywood movie, the special effects are pretty well done. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Saw Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood tonight. It was REALLY good. It was a bit of a slow burn, but the ending was absolutely brilliant. Not Tarantino’s best (Most give that nod to Pulp Fiction; I say it’s Reservoir Dogs), but this was definitely up there. If you are a QT fan, see this. Also, if you know anything about the history of Charles Manson, it makes this movie that much better.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Hey guys, I watched Fighting with my Family last night with the wife and the kids. Kids are 9 and 12. Everyone enjoyed the movie. It wont change your life, but its sometimes hard to find movies that the whole family enjoys. This one did that for us. A little bit of swearing but the kids have heard worse from both me and the missus.

Watched Shazam with the boys recently as well and I really liked it. Helps that I thought it was gonna be a really shit movie. It exceeded my expectations by a wide margin.

Dobber Sports Legend

The last few I saw were...

The Green Book (9/10)
    The Upside (9/10)
    The Bob Probert Story (8/10)

All were excellent!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh boy! yes please
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

Has anybody watched The Irishman yet? Netflix movie starting Robert Deniro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino directed by Scorsese. It’s a mobster movie which clocks in at over 3 and a half hours and is, apparently epic. Lots of reviews say its brilliant and an early Oscar contender. I will be watching it some time this weekend.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Has anybody watched The Irishman yet? Netflix movie starting Robert Deniro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino directed by Scorsese. It’s a mobster movie which clocks in at over 3 and a half hours and is, apparently epic. Lots of reviews say its brilliant and an early Oscar contender. I will be watching it some time this weekend.

Rylant
    I got about halfway through, and had to stop to go to hockey last night. It's like...3.5hrs long or something like that. It's definitely not a movie for kids, or if you're not feeling it. But, if you're a fan of the Hoffa story, 100% recommend. It's real good so far.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

New Ghostbusters film next summer. Oh man....

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I re-watched "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks. Like a 6.5/10 movie. Very 2004 though. I had no idea Zoe Saldana (Gamora from GOTG) was in it.

Def a Netflix movie, and not a "I'm paying money for this" movie. Also, if the main guy wasn't Tom Hanks, I'd never watch it.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Very good movie about Jimmy Hoffa and his connection's to the mob. Its worth the 3 plus hours.

Didn't enjoy Terantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Not his best. 5/10 for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched a couple movies this week.

Rambo - Last Blood. I'd give this movie a 6/10. It was basically Taken, but with Stallone instead of Neeson. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

Joker. 8/10 Interesting movie that kept me entertained the whole way through. Pheonix was awesome in this flick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watched a couple movies this week.

Rambo - Last Blood. I'd give this movie a 6/10. It was basically Taken, but with Stallone instead of Neeson. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

Joker. 8/10 Interesting movie that kept me entertained the whole way through. Pheonix was awesome in this flick.
    Oh my was it a fun movie to watch. Def not for kids with the deeper meanings in it though.

Dobber Sports Genius

Joker 7/10 - a little too "meh" for me.
    Irishman 6/10- too long and too dry. best part was the last 20 minutes when the film took on a little "soul" and the characters felts like characters
    Zombieland 2 - fun and stupid and right up my alley. Woody had some good lines as always. 7.5/10
    Ford vs Ferrari - I liked it, but thought it could have been much better. Cool story about Le Mans speedway and that endurance race. At 2hr 20 mins, the movie will require a little of your endurance. Most actors sound like they have a mouth full of marbles, so you've been warned. Cool sounds, cool cars..Bale makes this movie go vroooom! 8/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood the other night. Did not like. Took way too long. Seemed like the movie's only purpose was to attempt to build up to a hyper violent ending. Was not impressed by this obvious movie. Kept waiting for the movie to become interesting but it never happened.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood the other night. Did not like. Took way too long. Seemed like the movie's only purpose was to attempt to build up to a hyper violent ending. Was not impressed by this obvious movie. Kept waiting for the movie to become interesting but it never happened.
    Great description. I always felt like that movie would have sucked if Brad and Leo were not in it....because otherwise it lacked the MULTIPLE intense scenes that Quentin normally has. That movie had one intense scene. Otherwise it was just a showcase for the coolness of Brad and Leo.