Thread: Hoops trade, could use opinions.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Hoops trade, could use opinions.

Buddy and I are trying to possibly sell high on Parsons' big game Friday as well as Vasquez's recent run of good games. Our prospective trade partner is pretty high on Vasquez despite the gaudy turnover #s, and Parsons has been pretty money lately.

My buddy who I'm co-managing with is in talks with him. Apparently he's considering Brandon Knight + Paul George for our duo. Is this a no brainer?

Ran it through the evaluator, we'd be losing a pretty significant number of assists (apparently close to 11/week), but we've destroyed assists in three of four weeks so far and have jumped out to a big lead this week after one night (25-6 right now).

FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO

Again, is this a no-brainer like I think it is? Can anyone give me any reason for caution here. Thanks

I...am your father.

Crickets chirping....

Hey look, there's a tumbleweed!

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Goddammit I thought there were more fantasy basketball folks around these parts

I blame the lockout.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah you're right. This seems like a no brainer to me too. Everything I'm reading is telling me to sell high on Parsons. Losing the assists might hurt you a bit, but like you said you're already pretty strong in that cat. Brandon Knight was also ranked higher than Vasquez on most pre season rankings. Paul George is also a lovely asset to have. Ranked ~9th best SG
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Goddammit I thought there were more fantasy basketball folks around these parts

I blame the lockout.
    I stopped watching hoops when Jordan retired the 2nd time. Down hill ever since.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    I stopped watching hoops when Jordan retired the 2nd time. Down hill ever since.
    You have to be more specific. MJ would retire and un-retire while one of his shots was in the air on the way to the basket. When exactly did you stop watching hoops?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It would seem the deal would be more or less a wash, with slight improvements for you in blocks, 3PTM, and TO with declines in assists and rebounds. If that suits your needs, it would seem to make sense.

That said, the reason I'd probably pull the trigger, even if I could't squeeze just a little more out of him, is that Paul George is the best player in the deal. He's struggled as the primary scorer thus far with Granger out, largely because he can't quite create his own shot. If he ever improves to be league average in that regard, or if the team alters their strategy to get him better looks, he could improve enough to become a top-20 player. I think Parsons and Vasquez have shown more or less what they are, at least for this season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You have to be more specific. MJ would retire and un-retire while one of his shots was in the air on the way to the basket. When exactly did you stop watching hoops?
    After the 1997-1998 season. I dont want to remeber the greatest basketball player in the history of the NBA as a member of the Washinton Wizards. Those Chicago Bulls teams were unreal.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf