Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Elliott

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Stefan Elliott

What is happening with this guy? Dobber had him rated as #1 on his D prospect list and now he can't even get an assist on an empty net goal in the AHL. Do I still keep him on my keeper league team as my 4th or 5th defencemen (need to dress 3 per week, Goals & Assists only) or do i give up on this guy?

Administrator

If you saw him as the top prospect dman before the season started, don't let 13 games kill your investment. Slow starts happen in the NHL and other leagues too.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

he is still way too young and inexperienced to give up on. he should still be a great prospect on any farm.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Deity

If you are doubting him and thinking of dumping him, put him up on your trade block and see what kind of return you can get for him. I am sure there are plenty in your league who are willing to be patient and take the risk (which in my opinion is exactly what you should be doing with him).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just traded Elliot with a late 1st round prospect draft pick that I didn't need for Duncan Keith. My team is a contender and I wanted to cash in on the hype in case he is a bust. I picked him up on waivers about 2 years ago... In our league he will have to graduate from prospect status and take up a bench spot before hes ready to produce. Great deal for both sides since the other guy is rebuilding. I'll admit I'm not very patient but if you can pull off a similar deal getting proven scoring I say go for it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Just look at Shattenkirks Stats in the AHL before getting the call up to the AVS...
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Just look at Shattenkirks Stats in the AHL before getting the call up to the AVS...
    True - although those were Shattenkirk's first games as a pro vs. Elliott being a 2nd year pro already, so it's not quite the same.

As an Elliott owner I'm worried about his lack of production but it's way too early to bail on him.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If you saw him as the top prospect dman before the season started, don't let 13 games kill your investment. Slow starts happen in the NHL and other leagues too.
    So very true.

Elliot and AP aren't a great comparison, but you'd be feeling fairly foolish if you'd moved Pietrangelo when he was in the midst of 11 points in 37 games to start last season......and then watched someone else enjoy a stretch of 40 points in 44 games.

Wait a bit on Elliot - or put a few feelers out there and see what someone might be willing to offer.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pull the goalie View Post
    I just traded Elliot with a late 1st round prospect draft pick that I didn't need for Duncan Keith. My team is a contender and I wanted to cash in on the hype in case he is a bust. I picked him up on waivers about 2 years ago... In our league he will have to graduate from prospect status and take up a bench spot before hes ready to produce. Great deal for both sides since the other guy is rebuilding. I'll admit I'm not very patient but if you can pull off a similar deal getting proven scoring I say go for it.
    Great trade, not a big fan of Elliot. Hell, Kris Russell was the last boy wonder, where is he now

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was about to say that there's nothing wrong and that you shouldn't panic. I still think you shouldn't panic! But there's definitely something wrong. I don't know if his lack of production is entirely his fault though.

The highest scoring player on the team has 13 points and is 33rd overall in league scoring. He's a rookie named Agozzino. Behind him at 35th, also with 13 points is Michael Sgarbossa, another rookie. After that, the only other players they have in the top 100 scorers are Lerg (46th, 12 pts), Barrie (60th, 12 pts), and Pock (64th, 12 pts). Lerg is 26 and I'd say a career AHLer, and Pock is 31. Barrie is obviously a legit prospect, but the rest are either unknown at the AHL level (Agozzino, Sgarbossa) or largely irrelevant (Lerg, Pock). After that you've got Mark Olver at 105th, Luke Walker at 115th, and then no one until the 160's.

My point is this: if you're gameplanning against Lake Erie and you see names like those and Elliott, who are you going to key on? At the top of my list, and definitely to start the season, is Elliott. He's arguably the best player on their roster and he's probably being put in all the tough situations. He didn't have to deal with that with Colorado and was able to produce. I'll bet his numbers in the NHL are better than his AHL numbers for that reason, unless he's given more than half a season to adjust to the AHL. I think he'll be fine.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    My point is this: if you're gameplanning against Lake Erie and you see names like those and Elliott, who are you going to key on? At the top of my list, and definitely to start the season, is Elliott. He's arguably the best player on their roster and he's probably being put in all the tough situations. He didn't have to deal with that with Colorado and was able to produce. I'll bet his numbers in the NHL are better than his AHL numbers for that reason, unless he's given more than half a season to adjust to the AHL. I think he'll be fine.
    Elliott may be the most talented player on that roster and has the highest potential but right now he isn't the best player on that team. At AHL-level Thomas Pöck is an All-Star player. A point per game offensive D-man. I haven't watch any of Lake Erie's games but I'd be willing to bet that Pöck faces tougher minutes than Elliott. While Pöck probably never plays another game in NHL, don't underestimate him. He's a good player.
    Last edited by Carcillo; November 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Elliott may be the most talented player on that roster and has the highest potential but right now he isn't the best player on that team. At AHL-level Thomas Pöck is an All-Star player. A point per game offensive D-man. I haven't watch any of Lake Erie's games but I'd be willing to bet that Pöck faces tougher minutes than Elliott. While Pöck probably never plays another game in NHL, don't underestimate him. He's a good player.
    And lets not forget Tyson Barrie.

Dobber Sports Stud

Was never drinking the Elliott koolaid and I always thought Barrie wasn't getting enough due. People seem to have forgotten that Barrie was chosen to play on the 2011 WJC team and Elliott was not. With that said I'm sure Elliott will pick up his game and finish the season strong. He is in a major funk but he has to get out of it sometime.

Banned

Pierre McGuire was talking about some guy in Hartford that lit it up in the NHL playoffs and couldn't even hold a roster spot in the AHL. His point was that the AHL is pretty wonky and a lot more wild than the NHL. We've seen Elliott have success in the NHL so I wouldn't be too worried. I wouldn't be concerned with anybody's low stats in the AHL at this juncture of the season anyway. With the lockout, offenses are more balanced and points are more spread out.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Pierre McGuire was talking about some guy in Hartford that lit it up in the NHL playoffs and couldn't even hold a roster spot in the AHL. His point was that the AHL is pretty wonky and a lot more wild than the NHL. We've seen Elliott have success in the NHL so I wouldn't be too worried. I wouldn't be concerned with anybody's low stats in the AHL at this juncture of the season anyway. With the lockout, offenses are more balanced and points are more spread out.

I agree. Not saying that Elliott is the next Shattenkirk but Shattenkirk in 2010-2011: 10G - 0pts
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2