View Poll Results: Who to cut, to pick up Strome?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cam Atkinson

2 12.50%
  • Colin Wilson

10 62.50%
  • Craig Smith

4 25.00%

Thread: Want to pick up Strome, Who to drop

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Want to pick up Strome, Who to drop

Ryan Strome is forcing my hand and I feel I need to pick him up before someone else in my pool does, even if he doesn't play too much this season. There is no farm, so I would prefer guys who will play, but he may be dynamic enough to sit all year, so I could keep him next year and so that no one else has him. So the question is who gets cut? The three players I am considering are Cam Atkinson, Colin Wilson and Craig Smith. I am leaning towards Atkinson, even though I believe he is in a position to breakout this season, but I don't think he is valued too highly in my pool, so if I need to get him back, he should be available...
    Last edited by yceberg; November 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM.
    C- Trocheck (K) MacKinnon (K) Horvat (K)
    LW- Ehlers (K) Guentzel (K) Benn (K)
    RW- Boeser (K) Wheeler (K) Draisaitl (K)
    D- Doughty (K) Subban (K) Ekman-Larsson (K) Werenski (K) Montour
    W- Fiala Lanbanc
    F- E. Lindholm (K) Stepan
    SKT- Jokiharju
    G- Vasilevskiy (K) M Murray (K)
    BN- Ullmark DeSmith Heiskanen Mantha

Farm- Jarry Comrie, Tolvanen (PK) Borgstrom (PK) Brannstrom
    IR- Comtois

G A HIT BS SOG STP GWG W GAA SV SV% SHO 4 goal app min
    Fantrax H2H 12 team keeper. Keep 16 this year, 17 next year, 18 following year and beyond. 3 Prospect Keepers. Season Nine

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd go with Smith...

I think most "poolies" now have heard of Atkinson, plus he's in the most likely position to succeed in Columbus, where he should see some top-6 time which could generate more trade value...

With Smith and Wilson they're always going to be stuck behind the "big names" of Fisher, Erat, Hornqvist, Legwand and Kostitsyn. Also Trotz has never produced high point producers, his system doesn't really allow for it. So I would be more inclined to drop one of the Preds than Atkinson... I've given the edge to Wilson because he's had a few more years of NHL experience under his belt, and he did average more ice-time (16:07 and 2:19) than Smith (14:11 and 2:08).

My 2 cents.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Guru

I just don't see him being one of the 12 you keep after this year, so it seems a bit silly to hang on to him for the season. The other three have a chance at either helping your team this year, or being worth more in trade bait to another team competing. How many teams are in your league?

As it stands now, your bench is already made up of 2 rookies, a sophomore and a backup goalie.

If you did grab him, he'd have to outvalue one of Stepan, Staal, Lucic, Landeskog, Benn, Skinner, Wheeler, Doughty, Subban, OEL, Yakupov, Varlamov, Crawford/Dubnyk, etc. Those don't even include prospects like Tarasenko, Nyquist, and Scheifele.

I just can't see him being worth it at this point. You've got enough youth already -- and you'll be dumping some of them at year's end. With no farm, he's just not worth grabbing for you.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

these are the guys you should be keeping...
    Stepan
    Lucic
    Landeskog
    Benn
    Skinner
    Doughty
    Subban
    Yakupov
    Scheifele
    Varlamov
    Nyquist

that's 11 must keep guys. Strome would have to prove a better option than Tarasenko long term to be considered. And he is not a better option. And even if there is a season Tarasenko is already not going to be doing anything for you this year. So, why add another such player? Stick with what you have. Now if you can make some deals and package say Nyquist and Scheifele for a high end talent that can help you now, then look at such a move. But right now it's not worth it to lose a guy like Smith who should at least be a decent 50 point guy right now.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you're set on picking him up, which I can't really blame you for, then drop Wilson. He seems to have really dropped down Nashville's list since he was drafted. The worst that can happen is that you drop Strome at the end of the year with him not having played a game (if there's a season, of course). Wilson could get you 40-50 points, but Strome is the better player. Tough call.

Out of your list of keepers (I only counted 10) I would definitely include Yakupov and OEL. I've found that quality centers are easier to redraft than defensemen or wingers. There will probably be better options available than Stepan anyways.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Drop Bernier - you have 2 goalie slots and 3 starters now, Quick would have to get his carotid artery slashed to make him a worthwhile hold.

Dobber Sports Pro

I voted you drop Wilson. I do think Wilson has a good shot at be a top six player, but because its the Predators w/ the system Trotz employs, at best Wilson is looking like a 50 point player most seasons. Craig Smith has more offensive ability than Wilson, and I think he could be a 60 point player in Nashville.